Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kind of want to analyse them right back!

Like this part.

IMG_5460.jpeg

I can’t speak for us all, but overall, we admit that we’re not all angels here, and are just genuinely exasperated that stories about “the worst of the internet” focus on Tattle when there really are worse sites, and well known ones at that.
---
Also, they quoted @Lanie (who I “know“ from the Jack Monroe threads) here -

(Their quote)
IMG_5458.jpeg

but hilariously cut true “Lanie-ness“ of the post, like the word “petal”.

(original post)
IMG_5459.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Like this part.

View attachment 2701322

I can’t speak for us all, but overall, we admit that we’re not all angels here, and are just genuinely exasperated that stories about “the worst of the internet” focus on Tattle when there really are worse sites, and well known ones at that.
---

(Their quote)
View attachment 2701333

(original post)
View attachment 2701336
I’ve read far worse on twitter after a game of football than I’ve ever read on here.

Reactions: 22

Like this part.

View attachment 2701322

---

(Their quote)
View attachment 2701333

(original post)
View attachment 2701336
they acknowledged the KF analogy but don’t go further with it, why?? and then said Tattle was easy to dismiss as frivolous and harmless when it’s one of the most bitched and moaned about forums in mainstream publications (unjustly IMO, in comparison) out there, and in an article about how “dangerous” this place is. These people have scrambled eggs for brains.

Reactions: 12
they acknowledged the KF analogy but don’t go further with it, why?? and then said Tattle was easy to dismiss as frivolous and harmless when it’s one of the most bitched and moaned about forums in mainstream publications (unjustly IMO, in comparison) out there, and in an article about how “dangerous” this place is. These people have scrambled eggs for brains.
That bothered me too. It could have been a really interesting deep dive if they’d discussed why women (and some men like your good self 😜 ) post on tattle, but then ALSO discussed why it’s Tattle that gets picked up by the press, more than KF for example. It would even fit with the gendered angle they’re attempting.

Reactions: 17
Funny they “studied” this thread which is in the Off Topic forum but then focused their paper on the content of threads in the Public Figure Gossip forum instead. Hello researchers 👋 your paper is all wrong, we talk about things other than public figures and also have rave threads!
My favourite thread on this website is a rave thread for Autumn 😂 couldn’t be further from what they said!
---
I’ve read far worse on twitter after a game of football than I’ve ever read on here.
Don’t even get me started on the racist tweets after the Euros!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Like this part.

View attachment 2701322

---

(Their quote)
View attachment 2701333

(original post)
View attachment 2701336
I love Lanie bless her for making it into a bit of “academia” 😂

Did the research touch upon the fact women are disproportionately targeted by (oftentimes undeclared) influencer/peer to peer marketing and the impact that has on their financial and emotional wellbeing as a reason why we might all be here…

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love Lanie bless her for making it into a bit of “academia” 😂

Did the research touch upon the fact women are disproportionately targeted by (oftentimes undeclared) influencer/peer to peer marketing and the impact that has on their financial and emotional wellbeing as a reason why we might all be here…
Yes! Lanie you’re in an academic study pet!

I need to read it properly but I don’t think they did, and honestly it’s a glaring omission, since it’s something you’ve brought up in this thread (which they’ve read) and realy would have made it a more thorough and interesting paper.

• Heart
It's irritating there is never any coverage of the way Tattle has been on to some Internet grifters for years, and influencers who regularly break the rules over advertising.
We're all just jealous housewives with issues 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Yes! Lanie you’re in an academic study pet!

I need to read it properly but I don’t think they did, and honestly it’s a glaring omission, since it’s something you’ve brought up in this thread (which they’ve read) and realy would have made it a more thorough and interesting paper.
Thank you for replying & sorry I’m too lazy to read it 😂❤

It sounds like tit though ngl. It could have been interesting if they spoke to all parties involved - influencers & their agencies/managers, CMOs/marketing professionals, read tattle, maybe even did some interesting quant analysis scraping content from tattle to look for themes or sought out as close to a representative sample of (verified!) active contributors as poss. It’s giving bare minimum gcse geography coursework - mumznet? Have you even visited the site fgs?

• Heart
Thank you for replying & sorry I’m too lazy to read it 😂❤

It sounds like tit though ngl. It could have been interesting if they spoke to all parties involved - influencers & their agencies/managers, CMOs/marketing professionals, read tattle, maybe even did some interesting quant analysis scraping content from tattle to look for themes or sought out as close to a representative sample of (verified!) active contributors as poss. It’s giving bare minimum gcse geography coursework - mumznet? Have you even visited the site fgs?
Are you kidding, they were the ones too lazy to think further after reading here!

And I fully agree! omg some analysis looking for themes would be fascinating. And overall, yep, there’s so much potential for a really interesting (for some of us 🤣) paper, but it was wasted.

It’s like they had a premeditated conclusion before they studied anything, and stuck to that. (Basically us tattlers keep saying we’re bitchy, which we think minimises our comments, and if we call out the media misrepresentation of male vs female dominated forums, we‘re victimising ourselves).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Looool literally, from “fans” as well.
Tbh, I’ve seen worse in a facebook comment section, from people with their real names, pictures and sometimes employer details on show 🤣.

Reactions: 16
So when we all getting an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii to talk about this in person? I would be up for that 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Bullies and pack mentality make people post anonymously. You've only got to look at a Facebook community page to see how vile and aggressive the public are with their own stupid opinions. Even a non confrontational comment is met with hostility. The hunz on instagram, tiktok, youtube etc. Cannot stand one small criticism against their post, and God forbid anyone points out one of their lies. They scream "be kind" and then set their dogs on the poster, while they sit back encouraging it. The hypocrisy is off the scale, as another poster mentioned earlier. It is little wonder forums like Tattle exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Bullies and pack mentality make people post anonymously. You've only got to look at a Facebook community page to see how vile and aggressive the public are with their own stupid opinions. Even a non confrontational comment is met with hostility. The hunz on instagram, tiktok, youtube etc. Cannot stand one small criticism against their post, and God forbid anyone points out one of their lies. They scream "be kind" and then set their dogs on the poster, while they sit back encouraging it. The hypocrisy is off the scale, as another poster mentioned earlier. It is little wonder forums like Tattle exist.
This exactly. Some huns are incredibly nasty.

There was a mention of Reddit further up this thread. I used to be an avid user but rarely use it now as that site has turned into a cesspit. It feels like it’s now mainly frequented by teenagers with little life experience, you get downvoted for nothing, and arguments are always breaking out. I find people are so much kinder on this site, there’s more camaraderie, and it’s rare that posters turn on each other (and the mods are good at their jobs when it does happen).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How many people post with the influencer in mind ? I just post in a forum I don’t wonder if they’re reading here or not .

Reactions: 11
ugh, this again is it?!

we're a horrible website full of jealous housewives wishing ill-will on all the poor little rich influencers 🥺

it's not like hundreds of us are deep into the off topic threads when the people who've brought us here have gone quiet and we feel like we've made friends is it? threads where we can chat and maybe give or take advice?

and I actually prefer posting here when watching a big tv show (strictly, masked singer, traitors, apprentice, iacgmooh) than on twitter

not to mention how many men are here! but that doesn't fit the narrative that we're just jealous dried up old women

anyhoo, if that hawai'ian uni wants to talk to me, here I am 👋

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Are you kidding, they were the ones too lazy to think further after reading here!

And I fully agree! omg some analysis looking for themes would be fascinating. And overall, yep, there’s so much potential for a really interesting (for some of us 🤣) paper, but it was wasted.

It’s like they had a premeditated conclusion before they studied anything, and stuck to that. (Basically us tattlers keep saying we’re bitchy, which we think minimises our comments, and if we call out the media misrepresentation of male vs female dominated forums, we‘re victimising ourselves).
They 100% had a premeditated conclusion. You only have to read the introduction or abstract to find that out. Basically 'Tattle Life is a gossip site mainly frequented by women who like to witch about influencers and celebrities and who like to cry victim when they are criticised'. They'd made their minds up and just went through cherry picking snippets of comments to back up their argument. Absolutely no critical reasoning whatsoever. Glad I went to a second rate polytechnic and not Hawaii bloody University 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wake me up when there's any article or documentary with substance about influencers.

*old Rose gif*

• Haha
Reactions: 17
what would really be an interesting academic study is the question of what compels straight men to frequent on a site that’s overall women and some gay men?

• Heart
Sorry, one more thing! What these media articles and academic things always miss out, is how funny tattle is.

I‘m sure all of us posting on this thread will have hilarious examples from their own threads of in jokes and things. But just naturally, this site is funny. tattle humour is just us being quick to find the absurd and run with it, I can’t even explain it but I see it on this site every time I log in.

It‘s why I keep coming back here tbh, not because my inner child is a witch or whatever, I just like the lols and camaraderie.

• Heart
Reactions: 27