Tattle Fashion Police Thread - Award Ceremonies, Premieres, Red Carpets #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I’m in the minority here and hate all of Zendaya’s looks so far for this press tour, I just find it so lazy. Green dress with a racket, tennis style dress with tennis ball shoes, for me it is just boring which is a shame as I love Jonathan Anderson normally.

Reactions: 7
Think I’m in the minority here and hate all of Zendaya’s looks so far for this press tour, I just find it so lazy. Green dress with a racket, tennis style dress with tennis ball shoes, for me it is just boring which is a shame as I love Jonathan Anderson normally.
Kinda agree, it’s all very literal isn’t it? Not that much imagination there, also a big fan of Jonathan Anderson but this is a miss imo

Reactions: 1
On the subject of “promoting your upcoming movie” themed fashion, we’re not going to see Ariana and Cynthia dressed in any colours other than pink and green respectively for the next 12 months or so are we?!
(Quite like the pink dress, could not hate the green boots more!)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'll happily agree to disagree, mainly because the real question here is, does anyone else think the film itself looks quite tit?

I agree, I’m finding it all a bit too on the nose, I think the cosplaying works better when it’s subtle references. But she’s having fun at least!

Prob not the thread but I am enjoying the DM coverage of Aintree 😆 It’s so pointed. I am more than sure there’s some elegance to be found …..elsewhere from whatever the photographer’s decided to hound down. If everyone sized up one it’d all be grand.

Last edited:
Prob not the thread but I am enjoying the DM coverage of Aintree 😆 It’s so pointed. I am more than sure there’s some elegance to be found …..elsewhere from whatever the photographer’s decided to hound down.
Some iconic looks.

Prob not the thread but I am enjoying the DM coverage of Aintree 😆 It’s so pointed. I am more than sure there’s some elegance to be found …..elsewhere from whatever the photographer’s decided to hound down. If everyone sized up one it’d all be grand.
I was in the DM once, not at aintree (wouldn’t be seen dead) but a rather classier race day. My dress had a slight sweetheart neckline yet the caption was ‘revellers flashed the flesh in plunging necklines’ 🙄 I knew I’d had my photo taken but had absolutely no idea what for!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m Liverpool adjacent with Scouse family and colleagues so I always love trying to spot people I know in the Fail’s Ladies Day coverage! No victims spotted this year.

Also, even through I’m a good Northern bird I must be getting old because looking at those pictures I want to go and hand out a load of coats. People look freezing!
---
Sometimes interesting to contrast the DM coverage with something like the Liverpool Echo who naturally are a bit kinder to their own! There’s definitely plenty of gorgeous looks that don’t get featured in the DM because they don’t fit its snarky narrative.

Reactions: 5
Sometimes interesting to contrast the DM coverage with something like the Liverpool Echo who naturally are a bit kinder to their own! There’s definitely plenty of gorgeous looks that don’t get featured in the DM because they don’t fit its snarky narrative.
True, but even the looks in the Echo aren’t much better, albeit they have picked more flattering photos (i.e. they aren’t sitting on the floor or prosecco from the bottle 🥴).

• Haha
Reactions: 1
True, but even the looks in the Echo aren’t much better, albeit they have picked more flattering photos (i.e. they aren’t sitting on the floor or prosecco from the bottle 🥴).

Love the ladies with the massive hats in picture 4. Go big or go home! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t know, every time I see images from Aintree it’s a nightmare of fake tan and too short dresses with clunky heels.
And tattoos. Lots of tattoos.
---
Roberto Cavalli has died

Last edited:
Ladies' Day at Aintree is quite a new thing, isn't it? Half the problem is that it's too early in the year and too outside for successful frock-flaunting.

I agree, I’m finding it all a bit too on the nose, I think the cosplaying works better when it’s subtle references. But she’s having fun at least!
same! she looks cute af in all of them, and she’s done really fun cosplaying stuff before (like on the spider-man press tour where she wore outfits inspired by the villains) but maybe tennis just isn’t giving enough to work with 🤣 they all look a bit too try hard.

really liked hunter schafer in hand-painted custom marni this week. the tiktoks about how they made this dress are 👌🏻👌🏻 though i don’t know how easy moving it is giving that it’s acrylic paint!

IMG_4876.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9

All the sneering at Aintree Ladies Day seems to be more around class to me, not just misogony.
The media don't tear into women who go to Ascot with the same relish as they do for women who go to Aintree, I'm sure there's fake tan and bad outfits at Ascot if you looked for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
same! she looks cute af in all of them, and she’s done really fun cosplaying stuff before (like on the spider-man press tour where she wore outfits inspired by the villains) but maybe tennis just isn’t giving enough to work with 🤣 they all look a bit too try hard.

really liked hunter schafer in hand-painted custom marni this week. the tiktoks about how they made this dress are 👌🏻👌🏻 though i don’t know how easy moving it is giving that it’s acrylic paint!

View attachment 2872594

Oh this is gorgeous! I love how it matches the shoes!

• Heart