Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Strangely while I haven't found this series to be particularly good I am really enjoying the outtakes on youtube. I think I just enjoy all the loose bits they edit out (including Greg lifting Nick out of the inflatable rings).

Reactions: 5

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I’ve found with John that he seems to look arrogant when others mess up the tasks and his video hasn’t been shown yet. It’s as if he’s sitting thinking “well I know I’ve nailed it so I’m clearly better than you and I’m winning!” I just want him to relax and enjoy it, not be all about the win. I stopped watching this week’s when I realised he’d won as I just didn’t care.

I’m looking forward to seeing Lloyd on TM Aus especially having been in the Edinburgh shows and also I think having a couple on the same series will be an interesting dynamic.
Little Lloyd Langford?
Back in the old Rhod Gilbert Show on Radio Wales days, he was on quite a lot. Part of the same Rhod/Greg crowd.
I think he would’ve been a great shout for U.K. taskmaster if he was of a profile here but since moving to Aus he’s obviously just focussed there.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I don't understand why they had a 14 year old kid on NYT. Trying to merge with junior Taskmaster or something? Not a fan. Felt like it would have been much better with no children present... e.g. are you really telling me no one called Alex a cunt in the poppadum task?

November_again

VIP Member
I wonder if we haven't seen a team task recently because the chemistry just isn't there. You can see Sophie really trying with everyone in the studio and her and Nick would have been a great and fun and incompetent team, but John and Joanne just seem really cold and unapproachable and Steve might be too quirky and complicated in his task approaches to be a good fit with anyone on this lineup.
And maybe it's just recency bias because last season's teams were so good, but team tasks are almost always highlights of a season and it's very rare that they don't work (Mae, Kiell & Jenny, season 6, Lou and Ian, Richard and Daisy, Alan and Victoria)

I'm already wondering who is on the next series and hoping it doesn't have two duds.

This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁

Willow9999

They should do a ‘legends’ one off episode. I’d choose Mike Wozniak, Rylan, Jenny Eclair, Sian Gibson and …. Probably Kiell.

Who would everyone else choose?
Yes to Wozniak and Rylan. Has to be Bob, Kerry and James Acaster for me. Oddly loved Adrian Chiles on the New Year’s one. Had a soft spot for Mawaan Rizwan.

Reactions: 4

CausticYoda

Seven is my all time favourite season. But also 5, 9, 14 and 15.

We went to see James Acaster's 'Hecklers Welcome' show at the weekend. Wasn't sure what to expect, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Heart

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Controversial but I love Joanne - the MTGM podcast with vogue was recommended to me (I never liked vogue) and they are hilarious. Completely changed my mind about vogue. I think if you don’t know Joanne already then she probably doesn’t seem as funny whereas when you are 2 years into regularly listening to her, she is hilarious. The face is just lip filler + amount of Botox & Morpheus she’s had. Sophie grew on me - felt like her casting was Greg doing a mate a favour at the beginning. John is best mates with Alex so that explains that casting.

The disappointment that RJ is going to be in the next series has completely cancelled out the excitement of Jack Dee being on it. I really hope that we’ll see a different side to her and she’s actually entertaining, however currently I just find her completely unfunny with a thin skin and nasty streak, which is a bad combination for a comedian on social media.
I'm with you, and Joanne is the reason I watched Taskmaster in the first place.
I'm a big fan ❤

• Heart

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
I've actually never watched Taskmaster before until the series 17.
I then went back and picked a random series to watch and it happened to be series 7.
FANTASTIC piece of television. I loled and loled all the way through
I think 7 is my all time favourite. The computer game task is amazing!

• Heart

Fenella

Chatty Member
Spoilery bit first Emma Sidi is best mates with Rose Matafeo and is in her show and had a small part in ghosts, but I don’t know why, I just get bad vibes from her so I’m not thrilled by that. However Bridget Christie massively changed my view of her when she was on so maybe I’d be proved wrong!

Unspoilery bit- I’m looking forward to seeing Lloyd on TM Aus especially having been in the Edinburgh shows and also I think having a couple on the same series will be an interesting dynamic.

I’m not keen on the line up for the next series so I think it has helped me make my mind up to sit this one out.
I actually went and watched the first ep being filmed a few weeks ago and wasn't massively impressed when they called her name out but actually she was really fun and sweet. The rest of the cast were great too. All added something very different!

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I would hope he does since he created it!
Oh yeah. He must surely get money (I'm not begrudging him any of this btw) from all the merch, the foreign series, the books, etc etc. It's amazing he finds the time to do the Horne Section stuff still which I absolute love, excited for the second series of the TV show.

1711910847327.png

Madeofeyes

Chatty Member
I adore both John and Nick. Both very different but I’ve followed their comedy for years. It’s really is a mixed bag this series but i think that helps draw people in sometimes. Like I’d say Steve pemberton is v well known and would draw a big crowd from Inside no9.
i do sometimes feels like it’s the law of diminishing returns and will they be able to keep it up much longer. Tasks can get a bit samey and The thing that seems to annoy viewers is people like John who have watched the eps and looks for the ‘catch’