Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

orangehead

VIP Member
'Where's the task? Have you got the task?'
'I haven't got the task? Have you got the task?'
'I'll go and get the task.......oh'.
Then for some reason Steve throws a brick at the melon 😂
The whole thing was amazing! Everything they did thinking it was allowed wasn’t allowed, and everything they did thinking it wasn’t allowed was allowed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
TT courtesy of the lovely Sam Campbell from the most liked post last thread.

Last night NYT 4 aired in the UK, and next up we've got CoC 3 in which Kiell Smith-Bynoe will stand in for Mae Martin who was unable to make filming.

qwikti

Chatty Member
I liked that.
All good contestants. Sophie concerned me as she approached the egg task, I was worried she was going Lucy levels of odd but it was just a one off.

Nick & Steve were a great team.
Whereas for me, I was super super excited thinking we've got another Lucy type of contestant. More weird surrealist ladies, please!

I can't really take these boring middle of the road contestants who go on to win simply because they just do the task, very literal interpretations, a la Sarah Kendall and Richard Herring, so I'm glad there isn't an obvious one (yet!).

Also, maybe early to start the 'ooh, Greg judged that wrong' remarks, but Steve's drawing was clearly the better one in the end, I think the 5 points should've been his for sure.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I still can’t believe Sophie is 36, showed my family the ‘I met your aunt and uncle’ clip and they guessed she was in her 60s!
Every time she comes on screen I shout “how is she younger than me?!” and my husband replies “you say this every time, it’s not going to change!” But I just cannot get my head round it. I’d love to see her styled with more typical 30s aged hair and makeup.

Libertine1975

VIP Member
The only one I can say I really know of this series is Steve Pemberton as I love LOG, no 9 and Psychoville. He is very clever so I think a series with him and the other LOG cast would have been really interesting to see (even a one of special).

I've warmed to Nick and Sophie (although I still can't believe she is my age). I don't dislike John but I dunno. I'm not gelling with Joanne, she seems like she is trying to be kooky whereas with Sophie it seems much more natural.

I think it’s really hard to predict who’d be good or not.

I had high hopes for Victoria Coren Mitchell, Richard Herring, and Lee Mack, but they were rather disappointing. And I thought I’d be irritated by Chris Ramsey as I imagined he’d be too ‘try hard’ but he turned out to be brilliant. And, of all people, who’d have guessed that Shirley Ballas would be utterly hilarious? 🤷‍♀️

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Nick seems like such a genuinely lovely guy. I think he’s so funny as Mr Swallow too.

If anyone’s not watched the card memory trick or the Jurassic Park thing, I recommend!
The Jurassic Park song is absolutely genius! I regularly burst into singing it too many moments during the day.

• Haha

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I don't know Joanne from anything other than Taskmaster, I'm finding it a little hard to warm to her. All the press interviews about Taskmaster have people like Greg and Alex saying she's SO FUNNY, am I missing something?

panda_eyes

VIP Member
What was the thing greg was insinuating about marriage?
A throwaway line in the intro, I honestly wouldn't read anything into it as it was filmed ages ago. Will be about as truthful as all the bits he says about Alex in the intos too.

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Just saw the advert for Champion of Champions and it said ‘starts’ on 14th Jan - is there more than one episode? I hope so - the more Kiell the better!!!
Ooooohhhh. I thought they were usually one off specials.

I want Kiell to win - King Kiell

Willow9999

Does anyone listen to the podcast? Everyone genuinely loves Nick, I think although he’s not doing so well in the tasks (understatement!) he’s really shown what a nice man he is.
Yes I do. Went back to watch old series and listened to the relevant podcasts on dog walks during those weird COVID times. Can’t bring myself to listen to Joanne’s episode yet. It’s not often I have 2 contestants I really can’t warm to during a series but her and John and not my thing. At all.

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I'd quite like to see Ross Noble on it (although I can't remember if he lives in the UK or Australia now).

CausticYoda

My issue with Rosie isn't that I don't find her funny, I frequently do, but I'm really fucking impatient and it takes her too long to get the punchline out. Simple as that, and I'm aware that she can't help it, and that it makes me a bit of a cunt, but I do question if quick fire comedy is the best use of her talents.

As a side note, my daughter absolutely loves her Edie Eckhart books.

James Acaster is one of my favourite ever contestants. And I say that as someone who didn't really know who he was at all.
He was competitive but strangely innocent about it all. And his exasperation every time a 'trick' was shown was always hilarious. When they had to build a structure as a team and Rhod Gilbert just pissed off to the shed was so funny 😂
I think he's brilliant on and off TM. If it's an act then great, if it's actually his personality, then perfect!

I missed the reveal of the first fishing task - was it just that they had to say they'd found a fish? What was the point of the sign on their backs?
I think the point of the ‘fish’ task was (a) to bore everyone half to death, and (b) to set up the lame visual gag at the end.

It was bloody tedious 💤🥱😴
---
One thing I'm so pleased about with TM, they never went down recruiting celebrity Youtubers route. It could have been so easy.
Ssssshhhhhhh!!!! Don’t give them any ideas!!! 🤫🤫🤫

Last edited:
  • Haha