Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I still can’t believe Sophie is 36, showed my family the ‘I met your aunt and uncle’ clip and they guessed she was in her 60s!

• Wow
Reactions: 6

panda_eyes

VIP Member
It's a shame to have two contestants that are unlikeable in one series. Even series that have had someone I haven't been keen on, they've still made me laugh and showed camaraderie. John seems to have forgotten to be funny or likeable, and Joanne is neither IMO, whereas Sophie and Nick make me howl with laughter. I'm already wondering who is on the next series and hoping it doesn't have two duds.

Willow9999

I knew nothing of Joanne before this show tbh.
I get the impression she finds it just hard to let go and enjoy herself. She seems incredibly self conscious literally all the time. Always aware of the camera and her 'angles', always has to have a running ironic commentary.
The only thing I know about her is she does a podcast with Vogue what’s her face married to Spencer made in Chelsea fella. Not a ringing endorsement. The amount of Botox/ fillers in her shiny face leads me to think the same. Maybe one of those not as confident as she comes across. I don’t know. I just don’t feel like we’ve got to know her much and the series is almost over

TokenBlinkie

I'm really struggling to enjoy this series, which is a bit of a strange feeling because I've been hoping that Steve Pemberton or Reece Shearsmith would one day be on Taskmaster.

It feels as if there is no rapport between the contestants, they just don't seem to give across a feeling of being comfortable with each other.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I have a proper crush on Nick and I’ve no idea why! He is so far from my usual type but I just love him.

John however makes me want to punch him in the face. So irritating!
Nick is adorable and so funny. And I love Sophie and Steve.
Joanne tries far too hard to be iconic and sassy and I can't warm to John. But I can't stand him on that podcast with Elis James either as he is completely self obsessed and fascinated by himself.

WeTalkAboutBruno

Chatty Member
I don't understand why they had a 14 year old kid on NYT. Trying to merge with junior Taskmaster or something? Not a fan. Felt like it would have been much better with no children present... e.g. are you really telling me no one called Alex a cunt in the poppadum task?
I thought this too and tbh it put me off watching. Taskmaster has always been an adult show, don't need it being invaded by children. His inclusion will have been a box ticking activity.

Willow9999

I won’t give up on it but this is one of those series where I’ve found myself only half watching.
It really does rely so heavily on the line up; this has to rank as one of the “flat”runs; not much banter between the team, a few of them not putting much effort into the tasks.
I like Steve Pemberton, and Nick Mohammed seems sweet, but there have been really few laugh out loud moments.
I watched the snowman episode again the other day, where Paul Choudry made the ice rabbit 😂 - and it just highlights what a difference it makes when they get a group of people who get the spirit of the show right.

ETA - have just looked at the next line up 🫤
The bastards crying innit!

• Haha

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
He was absolutely brilliant 😂 and genuinely raging about Rhod on that task 😂 😂
I've actually never watched Taskmaster before until the series 17.
I then went back and picked a random series to watch and it happened to be series 7.
FANTASTIC piece of television. I loled and loled all the way through

• Heart
I've only not heard of the middle person. Would love the 4th one to be true but the excitement about that is almost cancelled out by the bottom one. I wondered when they would turn up.
Once I looked them up it turns out I do know who the third one is, just didn’t know their name.

But I feel exactly the same as you as far as 4 and 5 are concerned 😐
---
I saw rumours that
Tom Davies
might be in it, as their tour date gaps match studio filming dates, I think they'd be good.
I agree - I’ve been hoping for them for a while 🤞
How can
Rosie Jones do a lot of the tasks though? I say this as someone who is deaf and knows that my disability stops me from doing some things that most people can do
?
it seems like they’ve been struggling to come up with decent tasks for a while now, so I hope that this would force them to be more inventive, but it’s a slim hope. Hopefully the spoiler-provider will offer up a few more details of how they’ve approached this. A lot of the tasks in the past have been fairly physically demanding, especially the final tasks in the studio. Paul Sinha certainly struggled with a fair few of them, so who knows what they’ll do to make it a relatively level playing field 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sad

orangehead

VIP Member
Omg I loved that watermelon task with Steve and Nick tonight 😂
They were both so hopeless. I was starting to think Nick's winking was another secret task but doubt it 😂 And again he did his 'oh but I thought I was really good' over carrying the table. It's so endearing.
Steve came into his own with the mannequin task - very Inside No 9.
Once you leave this room you cannot re-enter it - ok well let’s get on with it then *the whole team leave the room* 😂 😂

• Haha

DottyP

I'm gutted that Jack Dee is on the same series as Rosie Jones.

He has potential to be my favourite ever contestant and she will ruin the series for me.
I feel exactly the same. Rosie is the least 'fun' person on earth. I don't know if I will watch.

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Thank you @Toffee finger - looking forward to S17 now!!

Also, have just read the whole previous thread, as I didn’t know there was a Taskmaster thread here! I’m a big fan.

So happy that Kiell is on CoC instead of Mae. Love Kiell, found Mae too boring and competitive.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I can’t bring myself to listen to his podcast. I found him very unlikable, a less extreme Iain Stirling.
I've listened to a few of the Elis and John podcasts and John talks about himself non stop. I don't dislike him but just find him quite boring and self obsessed. I'm amazed he classes himself as a comedian tbh. He's just a bloke who finds himself fascinating.

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I watched "Alma's Not Normal" after the recommendation here, I enjoyed it. I googled afterwards and saw that Sophie's flikr account is still about with her "old" hair - I think it suits her better, but perhaps it's easier to be memorable on the comedy circuit with more striking hair?

SOPHIE WILLAN | Flickr

She's 25 in the photo below.

1713690050266.png

• Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
The whole thing was amazing! Everything they did thinking it was allowed wasn’t allowed, and everything they did thinking it wasn’t allowed was allowed 😂
That task was my favourite task for a long time. I cried laughing! It just kept getting better and better. Well Nick and Steve’s attempt anyways. The only bit of the other team I laughed at was Sophie saying umbrella constantly.

• Haha

Libertine1975

VIP Member
I found Joanne too try hard in the recent series. I love Steve Pembertond work and the cinematic tasks I knew he would ace. I loved Nick he grew on me over the series as did Sophie. I didn't hate John he just felt too competitive with all the tasks rather than just enjoying it.

Willow9999

I hate to say it but for some reason Alex is really irritating me this series.
His pretending to be Greg's subservient bitch just isn't funny any more.

And Joanne's pouting and sucking in her cheeks 😂
That was beyond irritating. And the shiny Botox forehead. How’s was she second??!!