Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wkdlass

I love Sophie and thought she was hilarious last night. I think it will be a good series 🤞

Reactions: 7

Lola UK

VIP Member
I’m really enjoying this series! I actually love this cast. Nick Mohammed is so cute ☺

also this might be a dumb question, but is the trophy the head of the taskmaster from Australia?!

mee43

VIP Member
James Acaster is one of my favourite ever contestants. And I say that as someone who didn't really know who he was at all.
He was competitive but strangely innocent about it all. And his exasperation every time a 'trick' was shown was always hilarious. When they had to build a structure as a team and Rhod Gilbert just pissed off to the shed was so funny 😂
He was absolutely brilliant 😂 and genuinely raging about Rhod on that task 😂 😂

• Haha

adviseplz

VIP Member
(Side note, but I've just realised who Elis James is and I loved him in Josh - I hope he does Taskmaster one day!)
I’ve been putting Elis-And-Isy-As-The-First-Couple-Competing-Against-Each-Other-(I think)-On-Taskmaster out into the universe ever since I realised how great it would be a couple of weeks ago

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think it’s getting to the stage that the show needs a bit of a rest and I say that as someone who adores it. It all feels a bit tired and churned out. The tasks aren’t as engaging in general and some of the contestants really haven’t been a good bit. If the last name on that spoiler is right I really don’t think I can watch. John and Joanne have been bad enough.
I agree that it’s starting to feel like it’s being churned out. With two series plus the New Year special, it’s on for five months of the year. And that would be great if the quality was still up there, but sadly it’s not.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
They churn out the next series far too quickly in my opinion. Give me time to miss it and look forward to the new series. Currently I’m just bored of it.
I've felt this way about the last few series, been saying that it's too many too fast and the tasks are suffering from it. I'm just not that bothered by it all at the moment.

LilacLady53

Chatty Member
I was in two minds about the next series as I love Jack Dee but can’t stand Rosie Jones. She’s just not funny. What an immature response from her. I watched this last series purely for Nick & Steve but John made it intolerably boring! No, one person shouldn’t make that much of a difference but he did, sadly

panda_eyes

VIP Member
This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
I saw rumours that
Tom Davies
might be in it, as their tour date gaps match studio filming dates, I think they'd be good.

How can
Rosie Jones do a lot of the tasks though? I say this as someone who is deaf and knows that my disability stops me from doing some things that most people can do
?

npfiii

Remember that one scene where he is really unpleasant, and even he admits that he found it difficult to watch back? Was it Lou he kicked off at?
Yep, during the hammock task.
I'd love to see the rest of the recording of the task they didn't show just to see how bad he was.

Same. The tasks are getting a bit repetitive and don’t seem to have the same scope for inventiveness as in the past, the ‘banter’ between Greg & Alex feels too scripted/forced, and the contestants don’t seem to have as much fun as they used to.

I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, and I’m not sure if I’ll bother 🤷‍♀️

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
I’m sure I heard recently (on a podcast?) that #4 had been asked many times and always said they wouldn’t. Would be brilliant though.

#5 is just not funny and really annoying. I agree with everything KatyKatyKaty said. I will possibly not watch if this is true.

Reactions: 6

panda_eyes

VIP Member
Not sure how sticking a mannequin head on the back of yours is better than a skull with a monocle and party horn.... but then I am biased!

• Haha

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I’m halfway through the first episode and wanted to know where I recognised Sophie from. I asked my husband if he knew her and he asked me to clarify which of the contestants I meant so I said “the older woman”. I then googled her and found out she’s 36! I would have had mid to late 40s easily. And out of curiosity I also looked up Joanne and she’s 40 which feels right.

• Wow

Willow9999

There's a programme called 'Taskmasterclass' on Channel 4 at 9pm tonight
Just watched it. Think it highlighted what we’ve all been saying. The tasks and contestants have n past series were much more entertaining. Snow bear got a mention. Bastards still crying innit.

• Haha