Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
I listened to John's podcast with Elis James.

I don't know any of these people nor have I listened to the pod before.
Elis really ripped the piss out of John for taking it so seriously. This pod didn't endear me to John at all. He was going on about how annoyed he was over the chopping board falling.
Sophie was on the pod too. She said there was a few times John had chats with the producers over tasks. I'd say he was just a general pain in the hole to be around.
Also would make me wonder if Joanne would of been different had she not been beside him.

I had never heard of Sophie before but really liked her and will look out for her.
The whole flashing her knickers thing was so strange though?? She purposely pulled up a long dress.... it wasn't an accident.
She talked about it on the pod and they laughed about it but she said .... "I can't believe they left it in" surely they would need her permission for that??

Reactions: 9

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've seen Joanne live and she is genuinely funny (and I went to her gig not a massive lover of her comedy), but she's not coming off great in this series IMO. Her jokes all seem very one dimensional, like tonight was all the obvious innuendo and not much else.

Love Sophie and Nick - they're both as mad as a box of frogs. Steve is so clever and witty as well. Finding John a struggle though, actually found myself hoping he wouldn't win episodes!
About 3 times Joanne made that comment about John being a gentleman and giving a woman a cushion if she was on her knees. Nobody laughed so she kept saying it, possibly thinking they hadn't heard. I'm finding her really tiresome tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

nbt

VIP Member
John’s face when he only scored 3 for his picture of Nick 🙊😂

Nick was his usual lovely self. Sometimes it’s not what he says but the way he says it, that makes him so endearing and funny.

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Absolutely everything about Joe Thomas’ attempt at the water/ball task makes me cry laughing.

Willow9999

I think that John Robbins is going to be one of those contestants that is very clued up on past series and hoovers up points but I’m not going to warm to.
Saw Mike Wozniak live a few months ago and he was every bit as brilliant as I hoped he’d be 😊

ellieb123_xo

VIP Member
I listened to John's podcast with Elis James.

I don't know any of these people nor have I listened to the pod before.
Elis really ripped the piss out of John for taking it so seriously. This pod didn't endear me to John at all. He was going on about how annoyed he was over the chopping board falling.
Sophie was on the pod too. She said there was a few times John had chats with the producers over tasks. I'd say he was just a general pain in the hole to be around.
Also would make me wonder if Joanne would of been different had she not been beside him.

I had never heard of Sophie before but really liked her and will look out for her.
The whole flashing her knickers thing was so strange though?? She purposely pulled up a long dress.... it wasn't an accident.
She talked about it on the pod and they laughed about it but she said .... "I can't believe they left it in" surely they would need her permission for that??
I can’t bring myself to listen to his podcast. I found him very unlikable, a less extreme Iain Stirling.

NellyTheElephant

I've seen Joanne live and she is genuinely funny (and I went to her gig not a massive lover of her comedy), but she's not coming off great in this series IMO. Her jokes all seem very one dimensional, like tonight was all the obvious innuendo and not much else.

Love Sophie and Nick - they're both as mad as a box of frogs. Steve is so clever and witty as well. Finding John a struggle though, actually found myself hoping he wouldn't win episodes!

nbt

VIP Member
Nick seems like such a genuinely lovely guy. I think he’s so funny as Mr Swallow too.

If anyone’s not watched the card memory trick or the Jurassic Park thing, I recommend!

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It’s so difficult with Rosie Jones as the representation and diversity she brings is great - we definitely need more people with disabilities on screen. However, she’s pegged as a comedian and she’s just not funny. It’s got nothing to do with her disability, she just isn’t funny - not everyone is and that’s ok. She did a tv show a while ago called Trip Hazard where she travelled the UK with a different celeb pal each week and found out about somewhere new - I loved it! She was a decent presenter and bounced well off her celeb friend each week. But put her on panel shows etc and she just isn’t funny. I don’t think her being on TM will cause me to not watch the next series but the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue if anyone dares say she’s not funny will seriously put me off. Other comedians get criticised for not being funny all the time and no one bats an eyelid but the world goes into chaos when someone with a disability gets criticised for the same thing. It’s madness.
I hope Alex and Greg don't feel they have to be overly kind to her in the judging and tasks. And as you say there will no doubt be tedious spats on twitter for the run of it. She was on House of Games a while ago and actually wasn't bad tbh. But she is obviously bright and it didn't require fast paced banter

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Would still love to have seem Steve v Reece Shearsmith. Perhaps they should have a LOG special them and Mark Gatiss competing against each other.

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Yes, and they both wrote shows about their break-up. 🙄

Separately, I find them both insufferable. If I was unfortunate enough to encounter them as a couple, I’d likely commit a crime.
His show about their break up is frankly excellent.

John is an acquired taste but once you *get him*, you're in!

An in to understanding him is to search for Tick Tock Robins on Spotify. It's a podcast from his xfm days with Elis and its actually such a good show. Definitely recommend it to change your opinion!

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Once you leave this room you cannot re-enter it - ok well let’s get on with it then *the whole team leave the room* 😂 😂
'Where's the task? Have you got the task?'
'I haven't got the task? Have you got the task?'
'I'll go and get the task.......oh'.
Then for some reason Steve throws a brick at the melon 😂

• Haha

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Does anyone listen to the podcast? Everyone genuinely loves Nick, I think although he’s not doing so well in the tasks (understatement!) he’s really shown what a nice man he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7