Tanya Burr #4 Single White Tanya

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part 4:

In London we live in a liberal bubble, but that’s not the reality for the rest of the UK.
Just because YOUR shallow, vapid and don't watch the news. Don't assume the rest of London is.

Reactions: 15
That Telegraph article is PR at its finest right? No wonder she believes her own hype 😂.

edited to add: the photo of her with the dress in the air is nicebut she looks really tired :S
Oh dear that photo is awful. And presumably it was the best they took. Her face looks puffy and baggy with tiny eyes. She just isn't photogenic these days. She always appears awkward and self conscious. The whole article is so vague - doesn't pinpoint anything she is actually doing (apart from patronising an asylum seeker apparently). And we all know the truth about her acting career.

Reactions: 6
It literally mentions two upcoming roles. As I've said before, acting isn't paying her bills. So why so much of the article is dedicated to her 'career' is beyond me.

Reactions: 5
It literally mentions two upcoming roles. As I've said before, acting isn't paying her bills. So why so much of the article is dedicated to her 'career' is beyond me.
It’s pure spin to get her classified as ‘actress’ in the minds of the few who know her as opposed to ‘vlogger.’ Since her actual acting output has been so pathetically scarce - even the journalist seems to understand it’s best not to mention that the holby city spot has actually gone out.
She is trying to keep herself relevant and give the impression of being “up and coming” with heaps of exciting films “in the works.” What was the actual point of the article ? She has nothing to promote. It’s basically the Tanya Burr manifesto for 2020. Full of meaningless statements and outright lies like any good politician.

Reactions: 11
I wonder what would happen if she made a comeback to Youtube? Imagine if she eventually accepted that she made the biggest mistake of her life, owned up to the fact that she’s not a good actress, and posted a big heartfelt spill-all tea on her own self? I think that EVEN NOW, after the huge acting fiasco and everything else, she still might have a chance of revitalizing her old career. I’m sure some people would come back and watch her again if she just admitted her mistakes and posted about it. To be honest, I miss her old content (circa 2015) and I’d still watch her vlogmas if she continued doing it.
If she got back on Youtube and started posting regularly, she would probably get at least a few brand deals fairly quickly, which would mean she’d be invited to more events = get more exposure, gain some new audience. This would give her something to do and maybe help with the mental health situation too. And honestly, she’d probably get a LOT of views on a video where she would admit she was being an idiot, maybe poke fun at herself, etc. If I was her, I would bite the bullet and make a comeback to a platform that was actually fruitful.

Surely she has also got to realise that at 30 she is too old to be considered 'up and coming'. She is not pretty or interesting looking enough to be a romantic lead based on looks alone, so she would aim at a 'character actress' but her acting is completely sub par so that is out. Her acting CV is woeful. She really really needs to find an alternative career.

I wonder what would happen if she made a comeback to Youtube? Imagine if she eventually accepted that she made the biggest mistake of her life, owned up to the fact that she’s not a good actress, and posted a big heartfelt spill-all tea on her own self? I think that EVEN NOW, after the huge acting fiasco and everything else, she still might have a chance of revitalizing her old career. I’m sure some people would come back and watch her again if she just admitted her mistakes and posted about it. To be honest, I miss her old content (circa 2015) and I’d still watch her vlogmas if she continued doing it.
If she got back on Youtube and started posting regularly, she would probably get at least a few brand deals fairly quickly, which would mean she’d be invited to more events = get more exposure, gain some new audience. This would give her something to do and maybe help with the mental health situation too. And honestly, she’d probably get a LOT of views on a video where she would admit she was being an idiot, maybe poke fun at herself, etc. If I was her, I would bite the bullet and make a comeback to a platform that was actually fruitful.
That would be such an interesting route for her to take. I think she is being shortsighted not doing it when people like Alexa Chung (who I love) are now on YT and making excellent videos. I think she jettisoned it too soon, just because she couldn't see a way of changing it and making it cooler and classier if that is what she was after. It was possible. She has been so rude and dismissive about her loyal YT fans though it would be a massive climb down for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That would be such an interesting route for her to take. I think she is being shortsighted not doing it when people like Alexa Chung (who I love) are now on YT and making excellent videos. I think she jettisoned it too soon, just because she couldn't see a way of changing it and making it cooler and classier if that is what she was after. It was possible. She has been so rude and dismissive about her loyal YT fans though it would be a massive climb down for her.
Exactly! She could have rebranded her channel in a way that a lot of other old school Youtubers did. Her divorce, the weight loss, failed attempts at acting are all really good topics of discussion for a more mature audience. If she were willing to be raw and honest about her experiences, people would be drawn by that and maybe take her more seriously.

Oh dear that photo is awful. And presumably it was the best they took. Her face looks puffy and baggy with tiny eyes. She just isn't photogenic these days. She always appears awkward and self conscious. The whole article is so vague - doesn't pinpoint anything she is actually doing (apart from patronising an asylum seeker apparently). And we all know the truth about her acting career.
i really think traditional news outlets are just desperate to appeal to younger people and that's why she was interviewed. what a non article

Reactions: 1
Surely she has also got to realise that at 30 she is too old to be considered 'up and coming'. She is not pretty or interesting looking enough to be a romantic lead based on looks alone, so she would aim at a 'character actress' but her acting is completely sub par so that is out. Her acting CV is woeful. She really really needs to find an alternative career.

All good ideas but she’s proven she never had a passion for YouTube. She copied Jim’s sisters then copied Zoe. Now she wants to fit into a London socialite scene who don’t give a toss about youtube or even know who zoella is. And hey cara delvigne moved into acting so why not her ?
Alexa Chung can do YouTube because she coming from the other direction and no one would call her a YouTuber. Tanya wants to distance herself from vlogging as much as possible. And Instagram is a perfect get out of jail free card. It continues to provide her with an income, but is more socially acceptable in her mind. The Kardashian’s do it. So she isn’t forced to rely on a YouTube income and in fact can appear quite successful to someone not paying attention, having not come back to her channel.

Her comments in the article “I wouldn’t mind being successful in Hollywood” shows how delusional she still is. The gleam team have been really messed up and Ill prepared for adult life, getting all that money and success so easily. They’ve all had to tell themselves they deserved it and are talented and special or they would be totally depressed now their time in the sun is over. But they are totally directionless...

A Hollywood a lister may live an indulged and ridiculous life - but they do have to act reasonably well for a day job. How does she not see this? Imagine taking a performance like her Holby one onto a Hollywood set? The embarrassment is painful...

Reactions: 8
Another article about Tanya.

Can tell the Gleam PR machine is working overdrive, no reason other than Gleam making it so that this article should have moderated comments on it, so conveniently there is only one comment which says Tanya is better off without Jim. None of the usual Mail Online commenters going off about her being a nobody and channeling Nikki Grahame.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Another article about Tanya.

Can tell the Gleam PR machine is working overdrive, no reason other than Gleam making it so that this article should have moderated comments on it, so conveniently there is only one comment which says Tanya is better off without Jim. None of the usual Mail Online commenters going off about her being a nobody and channeling Nikki Grahame.

So just a rehash of the Telegraph article really. I bet limpet Sarah is thrilled her photo is there.
Poor dull Tanya. Looking vacant with your mouth hanging open will never get her far.

Reactions: 4
I think she's regretting a lot of things, but can't go back and change them so had to just go along with it, as if she's the next great thing. She really thinks she's something special in acting circles so any negatives just wash over her. One day reality will wash over her and she will realise existence is more than being online

I think she's regretting a lot of things, but can't go back and change them so had to just go along with it, as if she's the next great thing. She really thinks she's something special in acting circles so any negatives just wash over her. One day reality will wash over her and she will realise existence is more than being online
I don’t know if she is regretting things.. She has done such a 180. Years ago she was endearing, dumb as a box of rocks but not in an annoying way. She was easy to watch in the background. Now, I don’t know what in the actual fk is wrong with her. She threw away the one thing she was good at: YT. She’s steadily gone downhill and seems so goddamn clueless. And yes, a divorce can be traumatizing but you get through it. The fast unhealthy weight loss, her “acting career” 😂.. She insists on going down this track and somehow she doesn’t see what anyone with eyes can see : that she’s a damn mess.

I still want someone to tell her on blast that she's the shittest actress out there! Seriously gleem are bleeping dicks for filling her empty bobble head with the idea she's an actress

I just can't get over the irony of her playing a character who is in hospital with a hernia from excessive exercising to be thin for Instagram. Like, seriously.

So do we know what actually happened with Jim because I really feel that interview was her pointing the finger. He seemed to move on incredibly quickly. Que depressed anxious Tanya, which if my husband did the same, or if anyone else's did, it would be devastating no doubt. I saw a post Jim did about his teeth (maybe an ad or something) an it mentioned about smiling with Sarah (her making him happy 'for a change') just seemed like a huge dig at Tanya.. I always thought it was of her new persona? Blonde, slim, wants to be a big actress and suddenly trying to come across as an intellect instead of Jim's lost silly puppy that did it but I'm not so sure now??

So do we know what actually happened with Jim because I really feel that interview was her pointing the finger. He seemed to move on incredibly quickly. Que depressed anxious Tanya, which if my husband did the same, or if anyone else's did, it would be devastating no doubt. I saw a post Jim did about his teeth (maybe an ad or something) an it mentioned about smiling with Sarah (her making him happy 'for a change') just seemed like a huge dig at Tanya.. I always thought it was of her new persona? Blonde, slim, wants to be a big actress and suddenly trying to come across as an intellect instead of Jim's lost silly puppy that did it but I'm not so sure now??
I still think it had everything to do with her over-the-top infatuation with Rhys. Things were just plain weird during that time. Maybe Jim got fed up and left her, and now she blames him for the divorce? In this case, him moving on so quickly would make sense, since he would have been hurt and full of resentment.

C50A1035-D776-4422-9968-E303F3BDE1CE.jpeg

it’s almost a year since Tanya and Zoe last pretended to be friends.
will we get a 2020 vlogmas upload...

I still think it had everything to do with her over-the-top infatuation with Rhys. Things were just plain weird during that time. Maybe Jim got fed up and left her, and now she blames him for the divorce? In this case, him moving on so quickly would make sense, since he would have been hurt and full of resentment.
They seem like they're still friends but in reality, the media paints a very different image and I'm not sure who's bullshitting here.. They in some way point the finger at one another :/

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.