Tanya Burr #4 Single White Tanya

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wowwww that was painful to watch. I knew she probably wasn’t going to be the best actress in the world but that really was bad. I’m cringing her for 🙈😅

• Wow
Reactions: 6
The way they forced those tweets to sound positive [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
They're about as positive as saying "the grass is green" just a statement really nothing more. Although tbf I saw like 2 tweets that said tanya was "soooooo good in #holbycity" (maybe they were watching a different show??)

Reactions: 4
Those clips felt like it was each 10 minutes long even though it in reality it was 3 minutes or less. It was dragging so much because of Tanya's monotone acting.

We all knew she was a terrible actor but how do you get worse with time? The same dead-pan expression and tone considering what happens to her character with having a serious medical surgery and no less, this was material she's very familiar with because she's playing herself. There just are no words...

Reactions: 10
The way she just stared at the actor with zero emotion. Like she doesn't know how to respond to a normal human conversation. Your lines are just as important as what you're doing when someone else is is reading theirs. That's what stops it from feeling like a school play. You always need to be in character and riffing off of other people.

Reactions: 7
Honestly, I would’ve thought this was a parody sketch for comic relief
To be fair to Tanya....the storyline she was given was pure rubbish!! Acting is much harder than people think, unfortunately some aren’t made for it. It was all very monotone and unbelievable.

To be fair to Tanya....the storyline she was given was pure rubbish!! Acting is much harder than people think, unfortunately some aren’t made for it. It was all very monotone and unbelievable.
She was given far more backstory than some patients turning up on the wards of Holby City. Given she was basically playing herself, she should have been far more convincing. She needs to accept being an actress just isn’t going to work out for her.

Reactions: 11
OH MY GOD. I've probably said this before but even coked up and on all the drugs Lindsay Lohan had more talent in her little finger than Tanya!!!

They could've used the CPR dummy to lie in the bed and gotten Siri to say Tanya's lines and it would've been better acting.

I'm shocked that her family hates her so much that they don't tell her how bad she is (or sign her off for all the acting classes they can find, god knows she needs it.)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
OH MY GOD. I've probably said this before but even coked up and on all the drugs Lindsay Lohan had more talent in her little finger than Tanya!!!

They could've used the CPR dummy to lie in the bed and gotten Siri to say Tanya's lines and it would've been better acting.

I'm shocked that her family hates her so much that they don't tell her how bad she is (or sign her off for all the acting classes they can find, god knows she needs it.)
I was thinking that too ... then I thought if they do suspect/know about an eating disorder or depression they might not want to tip her over the edge?

Reactions: 3
Woah never expected Tanya Burr to turn up on Holby City, dear god she can’t act for tit lol. Watched it with my mum I didn’t tell her she’s actually playing herself kind of.

She's definitely not good and that's been the case for everything I've seen her in but yeah, I'm not sure if any actor could pull off those lines and that character. Human beings do not speak like that, how is this show still on air if this is the quality of the scripts?

As someone interested in acting, films etc. I'd actually be fascinated to see what would happen if you took an actor at Tanya's level of talent and put them with one of the best directors in the world, with one of the best scripts and see how much they'd manage to improve.

Wowwww that was painful to watch. I knew she probably wasn’t going to be the best actress in the world but that really was bad. I’m cringing her for 🙈😅
well done to anyone who managed to get all the way through I couldn't!

cpr dummy with the voice of siri would be a great thread title

Reactions: 7
Hey but you have to give the CPR dummy and Siri some credit. They’re actually useful in real life! Plus Siri can give attitude. Tanya is just there. Talentless. Boring. Beige.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's definitely not good and that's been the case for everything I've seen her in but yeah, I'm not sure if any actor could pull off those lines and that character. Human beings do not speak like that, how is this show still on air if this is the quality of the scripts?
I think it would have worked as a ja'mie king kind of character- ott and a bit ridiculous but we all know someone like them

I think it would have worked as a ja'mie king kind of character- ott and a bit ridiculous but we all know someone like them
I was thinking exactly this. Something that's a parody and a piss take - which to me is exactly what this came across as. Honestly if you'd told me it was a comic relief special I would've believed it.

I was thinking exactly this. Something that's a parody and a piss take - which to me is exactly what this came across as. Honestly if you'd told me it was a comic relief special I would've believed it.
This. I just got round to watching it and it’s so, so wooden. She could have been so extra and her hernia bleeding, she didn’t change her face or voice, she should be in crippling pain!

Reactions: 6
Anyone know if Tanya has mentioned anything else about being in Holby?! I wish the acting agency she's with drop her after that beyond piss poor performance in Holby

Reactions: 1
I saw that film 'Florence Foster Jenkins' where she is a terrible singer and thinks she is wonderful. But her loved ones protect her from the truth and because of that let her embarrass herself.
No idea why I'm reminded of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.