Tanya Burr #2 Hungry For Fame & Cake

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, if you're here you are part of the 1% that understands shady infuencers. On zoellas IG poll over half didn't even understand what an affiliate link was.
I find it very interesting that what we're talking about is basically a very new form of advertising, sure its been around since the start of the early YouTubers, but its completely unexplored in terms of compliance. This is literally the most basic expection for influencers to post a measly #Ad and #gifted and Tarn still can't manage that.

For example many corporate jobs have compliance documents that clearly cite client gifts and corporate gifting is property of the company unless claimed against taxes, even client lunches for example. Imagine if these influencers had to file against every single benefit they had received in their 'jobs'!

Honestly if you look into the year end accounts for many of the big influencers (British) they are not being transparent at all. Lydia Millens is very interesting reading if you have the time. The company barely broke even last financial year, and yet when you dig deeper she took 400K in limited drawings.

Reactions: 10
Tarn, eyelash extensions don't make up for the fact that your brows look horrific. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Such fab acting skills, she really had me at mouth wide open for bugs to fly into it pose!

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Reactions: 2
Can you not tell it's gifted? Lol. You said it yourself. Why does putting #gifted make a difference? The point is to stop sneaky PR, and this isn't sneaky.
But the new rules say you have to put #AD even if something is gifted/sent for free. I get that a lot of influencers are not happy about that and feel its unfair because they're not being paid in cash for the post/they don't consider it an ad, but those are the rules.

Reactions: 6
Got a response:

Thank you for contacting the ASA with your complaint about Tanya Burr.

You may be interested to know that we recently provided the influencer with guidance on how to ensure they comply with the Advertising Codes. As such, we do not intend to take further action at this time, but if, after a sufficient time has passed, we continue to receive complaints about her posts, we may revisit the issue.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Got a response:

You may be interested to know that we recently provided the influencer with guidance on how to ensure they comply with the Advertising Codes. As such, we do not intend to take further action at this time, but if, after a sufficient time has passed, we continue to receive complaints about her posts, we may revisit the issue.

Oh my goodness how many times do they have to be told !? What’s the point in having rules etc when the people who are meant to inforce them,don’t !?

Reactions: 14
Oh my goodness how many times do they have to be told !? What’s the point in having rules etc when the people who are meant to inforce them,don’t !?
I think it is pretty standard when new rules like this are introduced, not just in terms influencer advertising but in general, for there to be a grace period allowing people to get up to speed with the rules.

Now, we all know the rules are easy to get up to speed on, but it is just the way it is that there is always a couple of months, sometimes longer depending on the circumstances, to give time for people to change.

Reactions: 1
Got a response:

I also complained and got that response. I guess keep it up! [emoji12][emoji6]

Yel

I complained about Jim and got the same reply
Thank you for your recent enquiry about an Instagram post from Jim Chapmen and I’m sorry for the delay in responding.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and we are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address the point you raised.

We have explained your concerns to Jim and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the advertising rules.

Tanya has a new video, obviously no ad on the thumbnail or title just a disclaimer in the description. She's getting better just put that ad at the start and in the title or thumbnail and she will meet the guidelines.

Disclaimer - Brands mentioned in this video that I work with are Dior and Missoma, however I was not paid for any of the content in this video. The Missoma jewellery was gifted to me and the look I wore for the Dior show was loaned. #ad #gifted

Anyone watched it?

Reactions: 2
Hi my name is Tanya Burr and I'm auditioning for the part of 'Woman who has been dragged through hedge backwards #2'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m amazed how she can tell bare faced lies like that to so many people. Eventually she will have to stop taking amphetamines because they will destroy her health and she’ll become an addict and there will be no way she will be able to keep the weight off. I still think she’s taking Adderall, it does suppress appetite then it causes binges, this is probably what she means when she says she can eat a lot. Also Adderall gives you a feeling of euphoria, I think this is what she means when she says she loses weight cos she feels happy. I’m really starting to think that she’s mentally ill, the lies and delusion are getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 20
What I've discovered (you guys probably know already but just in case) is that the ASA go after the companies, the don't have actually have the legal power to go after an individual. Previously OFT (office of fair trading) used to be the side that went after individuals imposing fines etc. However they closed down a few years ago. This is now where the CMA have stepped in. As consumer law falls under their umbrella. And the good news is they go after individuals. They are working together as the ASA and OFT used to.

I'm sending my complaints to the CMA (I've just submitted one for Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, she is outrageous btw. Tarn is nothing in comparison)
This is the response I got:

Thank you for your email about our Social Media Endorsements Investigation. We are grateful that you have taken the trouble to get in touch with us.

What happens next?

I have sent your correspondence to the Social Media Endorsements Investigation team which will review the information you have provided and consider it in relation to the work it is doing. However, we cannot normally comment on the investigation beyond what has been said in our public statements on our website. You can stay up to date with the case by visiting the case page at: https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/social-media-endorsements.

What you have sent us will help us consider whether we should make more detailed enquiries. We will get in touch with you if we need more information, but as I am sure you will understand, we cannot engage in further correspondence with everyone who contacts us.

For further help

If you have a complaint about a specific advert, you may wish to contact the Advertising Standards Authority (https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html). The ASA has powers to investigate adverts if they fall within its specific remit.

If you want to discuss concerns or seek further advice on an individual case, you can call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06, or visit the Citizens Advice website. If you are in Northern Ireland, you can call Consumerline on 0300 123 6262, or visit the Consumerline website.

Thank you again for contacting us.

It totally sounds like the case is ongoing and they are still building evidence. (I did complain about specific ad's to the ASA as well, just to cover all bases).
I'm thinking it might be worth changing the complaint to the ASA to be against the company that these influencers are promoting. At the end of the day it is just as much the companies responsibility to ensure their affiliates are following law.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Just saw that weight loss post and then came here to discuss it. She's described it away in such a manner that to people who aren't reading between the lines, it's satisfactory and would answer their question. But I just think it's still sugar coated BS. In order for her to be able to eat literally whatever she wants, she would have to work out every single day and that would just be for her to break even and not lose, I would think. I'm not an expert at all, it's just not adding up. I KNOW for a fact she doesn't work out as much as it would take to lose as much as she looks like she has and still stuff her face.

I'm just baffled. There's no other way but a drug really and then of course, photoshop and whatever slimming app she uses. I hadn't looked at her IG in ages till last night and in some of the bikini pics from Feb, I was just in disbelief. It's one thing to be thinner, but her actual body shape appears to have changed too in some of them, and there's only one way to get that and you can't do it the way she's claiming.

Ugh, I could go on forever, but it's just stupid how much she's willing to lie to people. If she thinks this skinny illusion ( and by dodgy means) helps her get her acting dream, a thin frame does not a successful actor make.

Also, this answer just infuriates me. Obviously you weren't happy with all parts of yourself.....

The line about her metabolism changing is so laughably unbelievable I can’t believe she had the audacity- or could be so stupid- to try it.

Reactions: 13
The line about her metabolism changing is so laughably unbelievable I can’t believe she had the audacity- or could be so stupid- to try it.
She's ridiculous. Queen of slimming sorcery. [emoji849][emoji849]
Also, her hair looks as sad as her acting career and marriage. [emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: 9
She would have been better off lying and saying it was somtehing like acupuncture or hypnotherapy for the sudden weight loss. She knows with her private doctor the truth will never come out. She's terrible.

Forget thrones or the new avengers. Tanya in the background for two seconds is the TV event of the year I'm waiting for! Sadly not even joking, it's in my calendar to make it back home ?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's ridiculous. Queen of slimming sorcery. [emoji849][emoji849]
Also, her hair looks as sad as her acting career and marriage. [emoji23][emoji23]

What are the bottom set of pictures from?

What are the bottom set of pictures from?
They're all from Paris! The one on the left Tarn posted on Ig and the one on the right someone posted on Twitter saying how stylish she was! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.