Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course in a world of interesting and amazingly worded people, we are so waiting eagerly for Tanya's Burr book club...and paying for it 🤦‍♀️ delusional! she is joining the lazy scammer club of former influencers . I hope she fails big time like her recent make up line . ps: surprised she is not creating an "acting" or " movie club" as her being this "big name" in the industry...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Don’t forget guyzz she is a published author! Hopefully someone will suggest “Love, Tanya”, “Tanya’s Christmas” or “Tanya Bakes” for this months book?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
God I wonder if she has anyone doing the Zoom admin for the book club, I’ve seen people attempt to host while not having done anything like this before and it’s always painful and tedious as they have to continually let people in from the waiting room etc etc on top of having to lead and guide a conversation with a bunch of people who haven’t been vetted.

I was in a group once and a woman joined clearly drunk and was derailing the convo and the leader had no idea how to handle it, you really need someone to be able to do all the mutes/questions/housekeeping so you can focus on being an engaging host.

Anyway. I wonder if it was a shitshow!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's a pet peeve of mine when parents claim their way too young children helped them bake/cook/buy presents/whatever it is. Herb is what, a year and a half? He is 100% incapable of helping, as much as Tanya would like to blame him for that eye sore of a cake.
Herb 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
For someone who doesn't have a job and is such a "bookworm", 24 books in one year is shite.
How can you say that! She gave up a stellar acting career and is now an entrepreneur and a busy mom *who has help and probably barely lifts a finger*. It's a miracle she reads even one page a day. (This has all been sarcastic. I have a full on job, hobbies, friends and read 120+ books a year but hey I'm not Tanya Burr. I won't be charging 8 pounds to be in my book club 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
despite the pretentious books she pictures on stories, she gives off the air of someone that runs her finger along the words and mouths the text as she reads

• Haha
Reactions: 23
why is reading suddenly every youtubers pretend passion!? its so strange

• Haha
Reactions: 23
why is reading suddenly every youtubers pretend passion!? its so strange
They find suddenly a hobby and they want to charge people for it...like wtf is wrong with those lazy arses 🥲 I can speak about books/movies/life with my friends for free.

Reactions: 15
I feel like that for a few years now, there's been no barrier anymore when it comes to shamelessness. Influencers used to space out ads between organic content but now every aspect of their lives is monetized. Every Instagram story or post is an ad or includes affiliate links. Every glimpse of their life that they share is a sponsored holiday, free clothes or a free meal. The products they use when cooking or baking - gifted. Every question they ask is a beg for a brand to contact them for freebies.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's putting recipes behind a paywall next or makeup and fashion recommendations. And if she wasn't so isolated and disconnected from other influencers, she'd have a podcast by now as well. She could even copy what travel influencer do and sell maps with the places she went to on her free vacations and the restaurants she ate at. Lots of money to be made with child related content too that the mumsnet crowd can latch onto.

Reactions: 10
Instagram is one big advert as is TikTok. These people are like some kind of Truman show but they’re in on it. Every aspect of their lives is for sale.
They’re reading and baking and doodling to pretend they’re creatives and have some value where in reality they are walking billboards with zero skill and nothing to contribute to the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Instagram is one big advert as is TikTok. These people are like some kind of Truman show but they’re in on it. Every aspect of their lives is for sale.
They’re reading and baking and doodling to pretend they’re creatives and have some value where in reality they are walking billboards with zero skill and nothing to contribute to the world.
This!!

I also think reading has become more popular because of BookTok and it's kind of an easy hobby to claim, right? Most of us can read. So the entry barrier is non existent. These influencers don't need to learn a new skill or be proficient in anything, they just need to spout nonsense about a book they may or may not have read.

Reactions: 14
1715098796691.png
1715098836423.png
1715098863331.png

I see this, and I desperately want to hand her a hair tie.

That's not true; I lied. I really want to get some scissors. ✂

And when I'm done with those scissors, I want to snip Sam's license in half.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
She would SO much better with a longish pixie cut. Mia Farrow/ Winona Ryder style. Then you can just properly bleach it as the hair only needs to last a year!

Reactions: 5
I feel like the bath photo of her and little Coriander is such a private moment to share all over socials for the likes, nothing is sacred, do you think she called her boyfriend in to set up the correct lighting?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Something like this would be better for her hair. But I guess we'll have to wait until the Kate woman she is stalking has it done first.

Screenshot_20240507_181218.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.