Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha that is the type of content we LIVE for here, amazing work @hulahoops

Am I the only one who wonders why, of all styles, Tanya selected this one to copy? I think both of them look like absolute states in most of those outfits, although I am willing to concede maybe Lucy pulls it off by virtue of it being her actual authentic style, so more power to her. But Jesus am I getting old or something, why are they dressing like granddads??!
It's wierd isn't it? I love Lucy Williams' knitwear but her outsized stiff leather jackets and baggy white jeans, with those pointy chisel toed boots just look hideous to me 🤷‍♀️
I think Tanya stopped copying Caro Daur because she became almost exclusively high end fashion like Gucci. Tanya seems to like this cosy cottage core thing now.

Reactions: 2
Didn’t tan copy an exact outfit of Jennifer Lawrence’s while pregnant? Some kind of dungarees rig out? I think it might have been before she announced she was pregnant but J-law definitely was in the pic (but I could have that detail wrong).
---
Found them!
---
I was obviously definitely wrong about her wearing them before she announced her pregnancy.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Didn’t tan copy an exact outfit of Jennifer Lawrence’s while pregnant? Some kind of dungarees rig out? I think it might have been before she announced she was pregnant but J-law definitely was in the pic (but I could have that detail wrong).
---
Found them!
---
I was obviously definitely wrong about her wearing them before she announced her pregnancy.
No you are right, but she didn’t share a full body shot in them. A friend commented something like ‘you found the dungarees then!’ and she replied about getting them on eBay. There was already speculation in the thread about her being pregnant but I ended up doing some detective work and finding this connection (was a proud moment for me haha)

Edit: The reel is still there, she was just showing her top half and she confirms in comment to Maddie that she found ‘them’ (what turned out to be the dungarees) and got them from Canada. She’ll go to some effort to copy a look exactly!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I really only posted the worst offenders and have attached a couple more exact copies (Tanya only got the Doen vest because the cardigan was sold out on Net-a-Porter - I loved it so much on Lucy that I checked when I saw her post it). There's just so much when you start to look and it's quite noticable when you follow both because it's quite a quirky style.
---

I had no idea she had done this before!! It's such odd behaviour and it just falls short of the original influencer every time.
Copying is TanTan's trademark.
She is used to it from day one on youtube, amirite Pixi2woo, named after her SIL's youtube channel? Couldn't even come up with an original moniker, so a wardrobe would be too much work for our working class bobble head from Norwich. Besides, she doesn't have a clue about style, colours, shapes...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Outrageous! I don't know why it surprises me - maybe because you'd think that being online for so long, she'd have got a grip of her own style and honed in on it. Instead of a copy paste job.

Imagine being that wealthy without one shred of creativity... in that industry.

Reactions: 5
Imagine being so lame at everything, yet you still prefer to base your style on someone else's without a care in the world for the sheer fact that anyone can recognise the source and call you out day in day out. I had no idea TanTan was this much into very public hardcore S&M.

Reactions: 6
Wowza. How embarrassing.
Also, lol at Tanya saying that her and Anna had some VERY interesting conversations. Unlikely.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Tan has always come across to me as a bit 'thick' (I'm from Yorkshire btw 😂 ).....and I don't believe for one minute, that she has a thought going on in her head.........which has now been proven with her copying outfits from others............

• Haha
Reactions: 13
there’s something so profoundly icky with copycats, especially when they copy exact items, poses, accessories, mannerisms…the way she’s even copied that person’s top two buttons being buttoned, you can tell she studies that influencer like the girl is a textbook or a how-to-manual

Reactions: 16
Okay, long post but I've been analysing this situation over the last few weeks and I wanted to share with y'all!

I started following Lucy Williams (a smaller, British influencer) last year and soon noticed that Tanya has a bit of an obsession with her. It started around Christmas when I saw Lucy wear this brown Doen fair isle cardigan. Then I noticed that Tan wore the vest version two weeks later and because I loved it, I instantly recognised it. Well it turns out Tanya has a lot of the same pieces as Lucy and when comparing their profiles, I can't help but have the opinion that Tanya has likely shaped her entire image and style after Lucy.

Seriously, every weird AF outfit that Tanya has worn has probably been worn by Lucy beforehand. Tan once posted a TT about bringing an old, ugly flannel shirt out of storage which was very out of character for her, and when I checked, Lucy had worn the same outfit two days earlier. Tan also wore this strange denim pyjama outfit and lo and behold, Lucy had worn an almost identical outfit before. I know you may say that this is a generic style but Tanya copies exact pieces and entire outfits (even down to the sock colour). I'll post some pics of the worst offenders.

Why is this an issue for Tanya? Well, to put it simply, Lucy is a born rich, upper-classer and Tanya is not. Lucy's wedding was featured in Vogue and her home in Elle magazine and House & Garden, and so appeals to wealthy London women who like her comfortable and easy-going fashion sense.

Tanya believes she is everything that Lucy is and therefore should appeal to the same audience. She's wealthy, lives in an affluent part of West London, eats brunch in Notting Hill, has a Soho House membership, and spends weekends in the Cotswolds. Only issue is, Tanya didn't grow up like this. She grew up in Norwich, had a bubbly middle-class image and a make-up brand aimed at very normal teenagers. Most people know her as being part of the Brit crew and flogging Maybeline mascara and Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes on YouTube. Her audience grew up to be very normal women who aren't interested in £800 scandinavian coats and £300 chucky brown loafers. The audience of wealthy mid-20s women that she desperately wants, simply don't find her aspirational or authentic. This is why her views are in the garbage and her new beauty brand tanked.

Anyway, TLDR: Tanya no longer appeals to any demographic. She's spent close to a decade running away from the image that made her famous and until she goes back to her original appeal (which I'm sure she believes is now beneath her), she will continue to be a mid-2010s influencer with declining views and dwindling brand deals.
Tanya is absolutely influenced by this woman and wants her auidence to view her as she views Lucy Williams. If her auidence wanted to look at influencers like Lucy Williams then they would just follow Lucy Williams, she already exists!

Tanya's auidence liked her affordable make up, the indulgent but easy baking videos, asos clothes and her odd rambling about books but can't warm to this new Tanya, the sparsely haired woman with dead eyes casually humble bragging about her overpriced weekends away that are undisclosed freebies, her overpriced ugly clothes that don't look good on her and her ludicrous claims, said with a straight face regarding sacrificing a glittering acting career to be a sahm to bogdant, while she never mentions mum-ing and seems to have as much free time as before bogdan arrived

To me authored was obviously going to be her shilling life olanners / diaries or possibly a debut novel (ghost written) rather than minimalist make up. No one who was a hard core Tanya fan, and therefore likely to buy her merchandise, was a minimalist - whoever is advising her clearly couldn't be arsed with it all.

Only thing that she did right was separate from negative Jim.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Btw wasn't Tanya at one point getting chummy with Ella Purnell, who's now a lead in Prime's Fallout? I bet Tanya thinks she could play an action babe in a post nuclear apocalypse universe too 😂 "Look Mr Hairy Watchman, this could have been me! I should have auditioned!"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Btw wasn't Tanya at one point getting chummy with Ella Purnell, who's now a lead in Prime's Fallout? I bet Tanya thinks she could play an action babe in a post nuclear apocalypse universe too 😂 "Look Mr Hairy Watchman, this could have been me! I should have auditioned!"
Completely, but we have watched endured Disconnect so it'll be a HARD PASS lol.
Between Sam Claflin, Vanessa Kirby, this Ella Purnell girl, Richard Curtis and his poor fragile daughter, Lily James, Maisie Williams, etc. TanTan somehow conviced herself that being in the same room/vicinity as actors/people in the business would be enough to become one herself, the same way she became a youtuber with Sam Chapman around.
Only copying isn't everything, talent is also a must, of which she has none.

Reactions: 7
Completely, but we have watched endured Disconnect so it'll be a HARD PASS lol.
Between Sam Claflin, Vanessa Kirby, this Ella Purnell girl, Richard Curtis and his poor fragile daughter, Lily James, Maisie Williams, etc. TanTan somehow conviced herself that being in the same room/vicinity as actors/people in the business would be enough to become one herself, the same way she became a youtuber with Sam Chapman around.
Only copying isn't everything, talent is also a must, of which she has none.
No talent, zero creativity and the sense of being better than anyone else. TanTan did not hit the jackpot...

Reactions: 5
Imagine what her life would have looked like without the Youtube success and money….
It's crazy to think about it. Like. She got fired from a makeup counter if I recall correctly. Or was it Starbucks? She clearly has always had zero work ethic. If she'd never been on YouTube, what would she even be doing now when she couldn't hold on to entry level jobs? Because for a while she was doing wedding makeup but that partly was a hit because of early YouTube.

I know Jim is the worst and she was lucky to escape him, but she also owes everything she has professionally and materially to Jim. If they had not been dating there's no way Sam and Nic would have set her up with her YouTube account that was a variation of their own name, and given her thousands of initial subscribers for free. She would have never made it without them.

Reactions: 12
It's crazy to think about it. Like. She got fired from a makeup counter if I recall correctly. Or was it Starbucks? She clearly has always had zero work ethic. If she'd never been on YouTube, what would she even be doing now when she couldn't hold on to entry level jobs? Because for a while she was doing wedding makeup but that partly was a hit because of early YouTube.

I know Jim is the worst and she was lucky to escape him, but she also owes everything she has professionally and materially to Jim. If they had not been dating there's no way Sam and Nic would have set her up with her YouTube account that was a variation of their own name, and given her thousands of initial subscribers for free. She would have never made it without them.
It's funny to remember her roots as we unpack the Sunbeamsjess and Lucy Williams copy cat behaviour. The fact that she didn't even come up with her own channel name just shows how un-original she's always been. She's never not ridden someone else's coattails. I bet there's tons more examples.

Reactions: 7
No, I don’t think that’s fair in general. That link got her in the door but she had something about her. There were other chapman clan that didn’t get very far with it because they didn’t.
You don’t owe your carreer to the person who trained you or gave you your first job or any of that, it discredits everyone’s own efforts

She was doing prom and wedding make up before YT, while working on MAC. You’d have a group of girls all getting ready together at one house and she’d go round and do them all. She’d charge £25 pp for prom + £10 for MAC lashes 😂. Probably charged more for an individual booking but I don’t think she did it for long before YT took off.

Reactions: 11
Hahaha that is the type of content we LIVE for here, amazing work @hulahoops

Am I the only one who wonders why, of all styles, Tanya selected this one to copy? I think both of them look like absolute states in most of those outfits, although I am willing to concede maybe Lucy pulls it off by virtue of it being her actual authentic style, so more power to her. But Jesus am I getting old or something, why are they dressing like granddads??!
I mean have a tendency to dress more on the butch end of the spectrum, so I don't mind the comfy, cosy grandpa look too much. I think it looks quite nice on the OG influencer but the copy cat just looks copy cat and inauthentic.

Maybe I'm also just biased because I now live in the wrong climate zone for my heart and soul, and it's too hot to wear sweaters for like 10 months out of the year :(
And in the summer it is too hot to exist.

I love wearing big cosy sweaters and sweatshirts.

Oh climate zones. Why is the subtropical sweating torture chamber the place where I can find employment that allows me to support myself?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
No, I don’t think that’s fair in general. That link got her in the door but she had something about her. There were other chapman clan that didn’t get very far with it because they didn’t.
You don’t owe your carreer to the person who trained you or gave you your first job or any of that, it discredits everyone’s own efforts

She was doing prom and wedding make up before YT, while working on MAC. You’d have a group of girls all getting ready together at one house and she’d go round and do them all. She’d charge £25 pp for prom + £10 for MAC lashes 😂. Probably charged more for an individual booking but I don’t think she did it for long before YT took off.
Guess what kit she was using... Sam's. First youtube videos, Sam's. There is absolutely nothing about TanTan. She is only good at copying, and it's not the stellar copy with a twist, only the good enough one.
She was lucky enough to date the below average guy who happen to be brother of a big youtuber in the making but already MUA. Let's not forget that Nicola entered the picture when Sam went into maternity leave, before that, it was Sam's channel only.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Guess what kit she was using... Sam's. First youtube videos, Sam's. There is absolutely nothing about TanTan. She is only good at copying, and it's not the stellar copy with a twist, only the good enough one.
She was lucky enough to date the below average guy who happen to be brother of a big youtuber in the making but already MUA. Let's not forget that Nicola entered the picture when Sam went into maternity leave, before that, it was Sam's channel only.
But that doesn’t mean she owes everything to them.
I use my company’s computer. I once borrowed an outfit for an interview. It doesn’t mean all my work achievements are down to these people.
Plenty of YTers copied the idea to do a beauty channel. Sam was an OG but plenty have tried and failed.
This isn’t about defending Tanya, but that you can’t remove credit from a person based on how they got started IMO. Very few people have a totally original idea and I don’t think she’s been cagey about saying Sam gave her her big break.

Reactions: 9