Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is exactly what she looks like, someone's mum that didn't think she would be getting out of the car having to go into the headmaster's office for a meeting to discuss Sage's behaviour etc.
I still can't believe she called the poor lad Sage 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I honestly don't know why it makes me so irrationally angry that it's her (new?) thing to link "affordable" alternatives to her ugly af oUtFitS (dream on, Tan). The Gucci dupes really got to me just now. Who does she think she is? The generous fashion queen who speaks to the poor peasants who can't afford her hideous clothes anyway?

Reactions: 19
I honestly don't know why it makes me so irrationally angry that it's her (new?) thing to link "affordable" alternatives to her ugly af oUtFitS (dream on, Tan). The Gucci dupes really got to me just now. Who does she think she is? The generous fashion queen who speaks to the poor peasants who can't afford her hideous clothes anyway?
I know! Isn't it bleeping patronising?
Couldn't she just say 'alternatives' without chucking in the 'affordable'? Plus most of her fugly outfits were probably gifted anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This look still baffles me. Ingrid looked so nice and then Tanya's wearing a Primark dress and chucked her hair into a messy plait with a huge black bobble
That's a night out dress not a wedding guest dress. Passive aggressive move from Tanya for sure.

Reactions: 4
This is exactly what she looks like, someone's mum that didn't think she would be getting out of the car having to go into the headmaster's office for a meeting to discuss Sage's behaviour etc.
Plus that hair clip (holding her worst fringe decision ever ) looks like she was in the middle of doing the make up while putting something on the PJ'S.

Reactions: 2
That's a night out dress not a wedding guest dress. Passive aggressive move from Tanya for sure.
See I don't even feel like it was a move. I think she is just literally that clueless about social norms and that clueless about fashion. I can see her fretting and flapping getting ready and hating how she looked in everything and in a panic putting that dress on because she'd worn it before and felt ok in it at the time (to a club probably) and then just had to leave the house like that cause she was making them late throwing clothes around the room and Jim was shouting at her to get her ass in the car
---
Also, white silk pants? Just what every mum of a toddler asked for

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Okay, long post but I've been analysing this situation over the last few weeks and I wanted to share with y'all!

I started following Lucy Williams (a smaller, British influencer) last year and soon noticed that Tanya has a bit of an obsession with her. It started around Christmas when I saw Lucy wear this brown Doen fair isle cardigan. Then I noticed that Tan wore the vest version two weeks later and because I loved it, I instantly recognised it. Well it turns out Tanya has a lot of the same pieces as Lucy and when comparing their profiles, I can't help but have the opinion that Tanya has likely shaped her entire image and style after Lucy.

Seriously, every weird AF outfit that Tanya has worn has probably been worn by Lucy beforehand. Tan once posted a TT about bringing an old, ugly flannel shirt out of storage which was very out of character for her, and when I checked, Lucy had worn the same outfit two days earlier. Tan also wore this strange denim pyjama outfit and lo and behold, Lucy had worn an almost identical outfit before. I know you may say that this is a generic style but Tanya copies exact pieces and entire outfits (even down to the sock colour). I'll post some pics of the worst offenders.

Why is this an issue for Tanya? Well, to put it simply, Lucy is a born rich, upper-classer and Tanya is not. Lucy's wedding was featured in Vogue and her home in Elle magazine and House & Garden, and so appeals to wealthy London women who like her comfortable and easy-going fashion sense.

Tanya believes she is everything that Lucy is and therefore should appeal to the same audience. She's wealthy, lives in an affluent part of West London, eats brunch in Notting Hill, has a Soho House membership, and spends weekends in the Cotswolds. Only issue is, Tanya didn't grow up like this. She grew up in Norwich, had a bubbly middle-class image and a make-up brand aimed at very normal teenagers. Most people know her as being part of the Brit crew and flogging Maybeline mascara and Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes on YouTube. Her audience grew up to be very normal women who aren't interested in £800 scandinavian coats and £300 chucky brown loafers. The audience of wealthy mid-20s women that she desperately wants, simply don't find her aspirational or authentic. This is why her views are in the garbage and her new beauty brand tanked.

Anyway, TLDR: Tanya no longer appeals to any demographic. She's spent close to a decade running away from the image that made her famous and until she goes back to her original appeal (which I'm sure she believes is now beneath her), she will continue to be a mid-2010s influencer with declining views and dwindling brand deals.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Okay, long post but I've been analysing this situation over the last few weeks and I wanted to share with y'all!

I started following Lucy Williams (a smaller, British influencer) last year and soon noticed that Tanya has a bit of an obsession with her. It started around Christmas when I saw Lucy wear this brown Doen fair isle cardigan. Then I noticed that Tan wore the vest version two weeks later and because I loved it, I instantly recognised it. Well it turns out Tanya has a lot of the same pieces as Lucy and when comparing their profiles, I can't help but have the opinion that Tanya has likely shaped her entire image and style after Lucy.

Seriously, every weird AF outfit that Tanya has worn has probably been worn by Lucy beforehand. Tan once posted a TT about bringing an old, ugly flannel shirt out of storage which was very out of character for her, and when I checked, Lucy had worn the same outfit two days earlier. Tan also wore this strange denim pyjama outfit and lo and behold, Lucy had worn an almost identical outfit before. I know you may say that this is a generic style but Tanya copies exact pieces and entire outfits (even down to the sock colour). I'll post some pics of the worst offenders.

Why is this an issue for Tanya? Well, to put it simply, Lucy is a born rich, upper-classer and Tanya is not. Lucy's wedding was featured in Vogue and her home in Elle magazine and House & Garden, and so appeals to wealthy London women who like her comfortable and easy-going fashion sense.

Tanya believes she is everything that Lucy is and therefore should appeal to the same audience. She's wealthy, lives in an affluent part of West London, eats brunch in Notting Hill, has a Soho House membership, and spends weekends in the Cotswolds. Only issue is, Tanya didn't grow up like this. She grew up in Norwich, had a bubbly middle-class image and a make-up brand aimed at very normal teenagers. Most people know her as being part of the Brit crew and flogging Maybeline mascara and Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes on YouTube. Her audience grew up to be very normal women who aren't interested in £800 scandinavian coats and £300 chucky brown loafers. The audience of wealthy mid-20s women that she desperately wants, simply don't find her aspirational or authentic. This is why her views are in the garbage and her new beauty brand tanked.

Anyway, TLDR: Tanya no longer appeals to any demographic. She's spent close to a decade running away from the image that made her famous and until she goes back to her original appeal (which I'm sure she believes is now beneath her), she will continue to be a mid-2010s influencer with declining views and dwindling brand deals.
Omg that is *such* a good spot.
It's so wierd 😬 Tanya isn't just getting a bit of inspiration, like everyone does, she is completely copying her down to the tiniest detail. Really strange.
This is the exact same ugly leather jacket. I really presumed she had borrowed her boyfriend's.
I remember Tanya used to copy an influencer called Caro Daur and that was really wierd too.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Wow this is so Flogan coded (anyone from the Brogan Tate thread will understand) 😱😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

This is incredible work hulahoops thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@hulahoops excellent analysis 🤯
Has Tanya copied the the hair from Lucy too? Lucy's hair, albeit thicker than Tanya's, looks almost worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What’s everyone’s thoughts on her suddenly posting ‘what to wear for a wedding’ every day? Super out of nowhere , is she getting married do you think? Or, more likely, she knows people are going to start asking things like that and it’s for attention. Super weird to me

Reactions: 3
Omg that is *such* a good spot.
It's so wierd 😬 Tanya isn't just getting a bit of inspiration, like everyone does, she is completely copying her down to the tiniest detail. Really strange.
This is the exact same ugly leather jacket. I really presumed she had borrowed her boyfriend's.
I remember Tanya used to copy an influencer called Caro Daur and that was really wierd too.
I really only posted the worst offenders and have attached a couple more exact copies (Tanya only got the Doen vest because the cardigan was sold out on Net-a-Porter - I loved it so much on Lucy that I checked when I saw her post it). There's just so much when you start to look and it's quite noticable when you follow both because it's quite a quirky style.
---
I found this post from when she Single White Femaled Caro Daur about 3 years ago.
Funnily enough she is promoting a range of jewellery by....... Lucy Williams. Such a small influencer world.
I had no idea she had done this before!! It's such odd behaviour and it just falls short of the original influencer every time.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 35
It's such strange behaviour isn't it?
I really get being inspired by people and admiring them but to try to become them is 😬 Very Saltburn or Talented Mr Ripley.
Clinging to her stringy bleached hair makes a lot of sense now (no offence to Lucy Wiiliams 😂).
I see LW also has an interior design IG, I wonder if Tan will slavishly copy that style in her next house.
(So glad you found that @hulahoops - it is horribly fascinating).

Reactions: 14
That copying is really bleeping creepy, but it’s killing me that she copies so closely that she even does up exactly the same buttons that this girl does 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It’s honestly so crazy and also so obvious that you can’t unsee it! Here’s me thinking she was copying theannaedit 😂😂😂😂

I remember the carodaur copying and also even further back the sunbeamsjess copying when she got a load of ear piercings and copied her style videos, I wonder if she is just really insecure in her sense of style so recreates others

Reactions: 10
Hahaha that is the type of content we LIVE for here, amazing work @hulahoops

Am I the only one who wonders why, of all styles, Tanya selected this one to copy? I think both of them look like absolute states in most of those outfits, although I am willing to concede maybe Lucy pulls it off by virtue of it being her actual authentic style, so more power to her. But Jesus am I getting old or something, why are they dressing like granddads??!

Reactions: 11
Not Tanya chatting to Anna Edit. More bad fashion coming our way lads 🫣
Screenshot_20240417-225829.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5