Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
London house prices are crazy to me, apart from obviously her house being in a good ‘spot’ in london , there’s nothing else to it imo that makes it 2.5 MILLION. Millions for a (smaller) than usual house that’s growing e. coli on the patio? Id want my entire house to be covered in gold for that price. Oh no but it’s in london so it’s obviously insanely high priced!

Reactions: 9
Just had a peek...why on earth didn't they pressure wash the patio 😭

View attachment 2865390
Because it's all that's left from Martha 😭
---
I know. I'm surprised the estate agents didn't advise them to do that.
I bet that courtyard is the stumbling block over it selling. Other houses at the same previous price have quite large gardens (for London).
When she and Jim bought it the patio seemed bigger, but then the people backing onto it built that massive extension which is a huge wall pressed up against the boundary and looming over the courtyard. I bet it barely gets any sun.
It also seemed bigger because the kitchen extension wasn't there yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Did she actually say something along the lines of, sorry I haven’t been posting as much, lots of exciting things have been happening which we can’t tell you about yet?

But all that’s happened is they’ve put the house on the market and probably gone to some viewings?

(I might be wrong as she only mentioned something exciting happening, perhaps she didn’t imply it had impacted her ALREADY hectic schedule)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Did she actually say something along the lines of, sorry I haven’t been posting as much, lots of exciting things have been happening which we can’t tell you about yet?

But all that’s happened is they’ve put the house on the market and probably gone to some viewings?

(I might be wrong as she only mentioned something exciting happening, perhaps she didn’t imply it had impacted her ALREADY hectic schedule)
To be fair, from her perspective, it makes sense. Moving house is, amongst other things, exciting. And she probably didn't want to announce it yet because people would try and find her current house on Rightmove (oops lol), and because it's really not worth saying anything more until something is definite. I think we associate influencers saying that they're doing something 'exciting' and that they 'can't tell us about yet' with them writing a book, launching a brand or designing merch. But Tanya should know this, and she should choose her words more carefully. When will influencers learn that what happens in their private life, no matter how exciting it is to them, has no impact us? I bet some of her remaining fans - if she has any left - got excited for a second.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think she's probably going to milk some content out of decorating the new place

It also seemed bigger because the kitchen extension wasn't there yet.
Oh yes - I'd completely forgotten they had that extension done. How Jim could be bothered to go through that all again with his new house is baffling.
After looking on Rightmove for Tanya's house something, I've realised all London kitchen extensions look identical now.

Reactions: 6
To be fair, from her perspective, it makes sense. Moving house is, amongst other things, exciting. And she probably didn't want to announce it yet because people would try and find her current house on Rightmove (oops lol), and because it's really not worth saying anything more until something is definite. I think we associate influencers saying that they're doing something 'exciting' and that they 'can't tell us about yet' with them writing a book, launching a brand or designing merch. But Tanya should know this, and she should choose her words more carefully. When will influencers learn that what happens in their private life, no matter how exciting it is to them, has no impact us? I bet some of her remaining fans - if she has any left - got excited for a second.
the thing is, if she wanted complete privacy with the house stuff, she shouldn’t even have said anything. It’s so easy for these influencers to keep something hidden, but I think they are addicted to attention and just cannot help themselves. If she didn’t mention anything exciting, nobody would be looking for her house listed for sale! But she’s been trying to tease with “exciting things happening but can’t tell you yet!” Which is so obviously attention-seeking

Reactions: 9
the thing is, if she wanted complete privacy with the house stuff, she shouldn’t even have said anything. It’s so easy for these influencers to keep something hidden, but I think they are addicted to attention and just cannot help themselves. If she didn’t mention anything exciting, nobody would be looking for her house listed for sale! But she’s been trying to tease with “exciting things happening but can’t tell you yet!” Which is so obviously attention-seeking
Yes she's been in the influencer game long enough to know almost everything is discoverable.
When she said exciting things but 'not a baby', we all knew it therefore was personal not a work thing. And other than getting married it had to be moving house.

Does Tanya have friends anymore? I saw a clip of Louise Pentland talking about how things in the old Gleam days weren't as shiny behind the scenes and realised that neither Louise nor Fleur follow Tanya. I felt like Tanya always came across as the mean girl of the group but it feels like she's alienated most of her friends over the years. Sometimes it's like you can feel the lonliness through her social media.

Does Tanya have friends anymore? I saw a clip of Louise Pentland talking about how things in the old Gleam days weren't as shiny behind the scenes and realised that neither Louise nor Fleur follow Tanya. I felt like Tanya always came across as the mean girl of the group but it feels like she's alienated most of her friends over the years. Sometimes it's like you can feel the lonliness through her social media.
She does give off mean girl vibes. Of the Gleam girls she's only in contact with Zoe these days and that seems to be largely because they have kids.

She did have outside friends like the Emma girl who lived with her post divorce and Kate who worked for her. But I don't know if they fell out.

@QueenBW I hope Kate left because she wanted more than being an assistant to has-been YouTuber and failed wannabe actress.

Louise alluded to tanya being mean a few times, especially when she was with Jim and he and Louise were pretty chummy, little hinty things about it being awkward etc... I can imagine she's a cow and then plays dumb if she's caught out

• Wow
I don't think Tanya and Louise were ever really friends. They were civil on camera, but they never collaborated. I have nothing concrete to base this on, but I always wondered if they saw each other as a threat - both wanted to be Zoe's best friend.

I really liked Jim and Louise's friendship back in the day! They bounced off each other really well and, at the time, came across quite genuine. I always thought that was because they were a little older and they had both been to uni so had 'real life' experience. Looking back, whenever Louise and Jim would meet up it would always be at hers or an office in London - not Tanya and Jim's house. Louise also never went to any of Tanya and Jim's Christmas parties (if I recall correctly).

Reactions: 16
Looking back on it it's actually incredibly awkward. Louise and Jim were very much cool and Zoe and Louise were besties but Louise and Tanya disliked each other so much that they never followed one another on insta or collaborated or interacted one on one if they could help it. That has to feel bad if you're Louise. She was friends with Jim but not invited to the wedding. Zoe and Tanya were never that close with Niomi but they even included her in their Christmas sleepover tradition a few times. She was invited to Tanya and Jim's Christmas party and Zoe's housewarming even after she had broken up with Marcus. Not accusing anyone of bullying or caping for Louise because I know she can be insufferable but what a weird dynamic where one person is just the odd one out. Maybe it was Tanya and Louise being territorial of their friendships with Zoe but knowing Tanya's relationship to her body and high priority on thinness I kind of wonder if she just didn't care to chum up to Louise out of fatphobia and her not being considered young and fit the way Niomi and Zoe were.

Reactions: 13
Gabriella Lindley (mad as a box of frogs now) said Tanya was a mean girl years ago. Well she didn't say it but she said she was at a Gleam party and that someone was a snooty b*tch, she then did an impersonation and it was spot on Tanya 😂
But like Louise, Gabriella had a problematic love/hate thing with Zoella. So who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Gabriella Lindley (mad as a box of frogs now) said Tanya was a mean girl years ago. Well she didn't say it but she said she was at a Gleam party and that someone was a snooty b*tch, she then did an impersonation and it was spot on Tanya 😂
But like Louise, Gabriella had a problematic love/hate thing with Zoella. So who knows.

There have been plenty of rumors Tanya is a jerk over the years. Like that girl who was a smaller YouTuber and Tanya was a jerk to her at some event. Regular fans who said they'd seen Tanya about town and tried to approach her but had been treated like tit.

She definitely thinks she's a proper celebrity when she's just a talentless girl who was related to the right people and forced to start a YouTube channel by them with the impulse their millions of followers gave her. She acts like she's an EGOT winner but all she's got is a humongous ego.

Reactions: 17
Is there a video of this somewhere? Does she say "It's are BEST sellarrr!"?

• Haha
Why do influencers have to show themselves struggling to put their shoes on, Anna Edit does this too and it looks so clumsy and undignified. Maybe that’s the point. Why tho
Their pea sized brains think this makes them look relatable.

• Haha
Reactions: 15