Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being the same age as Tan, I feel a bit victimized by this comment 😂😂😂
Sorryyyy😂😂 I did think about putting in a 'no offence'!

I think what I'm trying to say is that Zoe and Tanya are now in their mid-thirties (I'm saying 34-36 is mid), and they're trying to act as if they're younger. It's not even a case of dressing 'age appropriately', but rather dressing according to what suits you. I only brought up millennials because they were the ones who created influencer culture, and I think some millennial influencers try to cling on to that by following the fashions, but instead they look a bit stupid and come across as try-hard. I think the name of this thread sums this up perfectly! It also happens in every age group...

If it's any consolation gen alpha are already making me feel ancient!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m a millennial and I don’t find that comment offensive at all! I really don’t like the fashion I see young people wearing at the moment, and would hate to feel like I needed to dress like that.

I do think it’s really hard to find clothes you like after you become a mum though.

Reactions: 9
Sorryyyy😂😂 I did think about putting in a 'no offence'!

I think what I'm trying to say is that Zoe and Tanya are now in their mid-thirties (I'm saying 34-36 is mid), and they're trying to act as if they're younger. It's not even a case of dressing 'age appropriately', but rather dressing according to what suits you. I only brought up millennials because they were the ones who created influencer culture, and I think some millennial influencers try to cling on to that by following the fashions, but instead they look a bit stupid and come across as try-hard. I think the name of this thread sums this up perfectly! It also happens in every age group...

If it's any consolation gen alpha are already making me feel ancient!
I was just joking 😂 I got your point. I just feel so old looking at fashion and social media today. Luckily I dont feel the need to follow the trends but I feel hella old some times 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m a similar age to Tanya and I think I have that dress she’s wearing (unless there’s a skirt version). I’m also pretty short and there is no way in hell I’d wear it with what she has paired it with. It’s a one stop trip to short stumpy rectangle town, and not in a stylish way that is fashionable now either

I also feel quite old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Don't fret Tan. We already know your very exciting secret news.
HTH 🥰

View attachment 2841809
Phew we can all stand down that’s Tanya’s newsletter is out!

I had a quick read and honestly she is writing like TheAnnaEdit in a way (to me) which feels quite embarrassing, the capital letters etc, she may as well say she is having a book “moment”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
the thing is, her moving house isn't exciting news for her 'fans' is it, it literally doesn't affect anyone else at all - launching a makeup range, writing a book or starting an acting career might be but ooop, you've done all those, so... 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 18
the thing is, her moving house isn't exciting news for her 'fans' is it, it literally doesn't affect anyone else at all - launching a makeup range, writing a book or starting an acting career might be but ooop, you've done all those, so... 🤷‍♀️
The thing about this whole influencer culture though is that her moving house legitimately is exciting news to some people. Her 'fans' eat that tit up lol. I don't get it, I don't get why she has fans or why they care so much, but they do. That's why so many of these influencers still make money doing duck all, because people care enough to still follow along. (Another example is Poppy bloody Deyes 😅 HOW does she have enough fans to make a living off of, blows my mind haha)

Reactions: 17
What in the name of all that is holy is this "outfit"?
Are you living under a rock? It's called a "Poppy Deyes", and came into fashion around 2018, and remained a classic ever since!
Few people can pull it off, but our Tan can. She is that good. Always was, and always will be. There it is. Fact.

😆

• Haha
Are you living under a rock? It's called a "Poppy Deyes", and came into fashion around 2018, and remained a classic ever since!
Few people can pull it off, but our Tan can. She is that good. Always was, and always will be. There it is. Fact.

😆
Poopy Deyes rather.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
only Tanya is pretentious enough to talk about packing 'pieces' when she means 'I threw some jeans and t-shirts in a bag for the weekend' :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
only Tanya is pretentious enough to talk about packing 'pieces' when she means 'I threw some jeans and t-shirts in a bag for the weekend' :rolleyes:
Isn't this what most people do? Like you usually pack some basics that all go well with each other no matter the combination? 🥴 packing pieces ...

• Haha
Why does she make a novel about every little thing she does? She’d eat a cadbury’s cream egg and probably go into how deep it is for her to have one because it’s such a deep childhood memory for her or something. And the constant 10 paragraphs about when she goes away for the weekend… we get it Tarn the brand has paid for you to stay there if you post about it. You can just tag it like a normal influencer and be honest, you don’t have to pretend to write an entire goddamn novel about how spiritual your stay was or how you went there because you saw a ✨vision✨you belonged there or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why does she make a novel about every little thing she does? She’d eat a cadbury’s cream egg and probably go into how deep it is for her to have one because it’s such a deep childhood memory for her or something. And the constant 10 paragraphs about when she goes away for the weekend… we get it Tarn the brand has paid for you to stay there if you post about it. You can just tag it like a normal influencer and be honest, you don’t have to pretend to write an entire goddamn novel about how spiritual your stay was or how you went there because you saw a ✨vision✨you belonged there or something.
What kills me is how every single carousel or group of stories about her weekends away is exactly the same. Landscape photo, outfit photo that doubles as a body check, artsy photo of her against sunlight, photo of massive amounts of food - preferably dessert or pasta - aka food she 100% didn't eat in full. Rinse and repeat. Nowadays she adds a couple of photos with Herby Bogdan in which you can't see his face but you can 100% gauge his size in case you're a brand that wants to send her free tit.

It's always the same. So inauthentic.

Reactions: 18