Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure what ‘acting career’ she’s talking about having ‘given up’ because she became a mum.. Her ‘career’ was cheating with her co stars in hopes to get higher up and even that didn’t work.

Reactions: 5
Let’s be fair, it doesn’t really say she gave anything up. I actually found this part to be really honest:

I'd love to work in film, tv or theatre again, but it takes a lot of hustling and if I'm being honest, I am so content right now, it makes getting that hustle energy difficult!
IMG_3019.png

Reactions: 14
Let’s be fair, it doesn’t really say she gave anything up. I actually found this part to be really honest:

View attachment 2790577
What irritates me is not that she won’t admit outright she was rubbish (I mean, who would?), but that she keeps repeating this line, which she started iterating when she was in the thick of it and wasn’t getting cast, about how difficult and how much of a hustle it is, as though that’s why she couldn’t make it. Don’t get me wrong, it absolutely is prohibitively difficult to make it as an actor, but we all know that is not, actually, the primary reason why she didn’t make it. It’s incredibly disingenuous for her to have ever presented herself as a struggling aspiring actor. Unless I missed something, she has never, ever acknowledged the incredible leg up she had over actual struggling aspiring actors having to ‘hustle’ out there—the money to buy parts, the connections, the ‘fame’ to get stunt-cast as a lead in the play. In fact, when she was getting panned in ‘Confidence’, she had the gall to make out that it was because of who she is (not classically trained), as though she was not, in fact, cast in the first place simply for who she is. She can ignore as much as she wants to how rubbish she was, but it irritates the flake out of me when she pretends to have been just another struggling actor, who couldn’t make it because of ‘how the industry is.’

• Heart
Reactions: 26
What irritates me is not that she won’t admit outright she was rubbish (I mean, who would?), but that she keeps repeating this line, which she started iterating when she was in the thick of it and wasn’t getting cast, about how difficult and how much of a hustle it is, as though that’s why she couldn’t make it. Don’t get me wrong, it absolutely is prohibitively difficult to make it as an actor, but we all know that is not, actually, the primary reason why she didn’t make it. It’s incredibly disingenuous for her to have ever presented herself as a struggling aspiring actor. Unless I missed something, she has never, ever acknowledged the incredible leg up she had over actual struggling aspiring actors having to ‘hustle’ out there—the money to buy parts, the connections, the ‘fame’ to get stunt-cast as a lead in the play. In fact, when she was getting panned in ‘Confidence’, she had the gall to make out that it was because of who she is (not classically trained), as though she was not, in fact, cast in the first place simply for who she is. She can ignore as much as she wants to how rubbish she was, but it irritates the flake out of me when she pretends to have been just another struggling actor, who couldn’t make it because of ‘how the industry is.’
"Irritates the flake out of me"
🤣
👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
What irritates me is not that she won’t admit outright she was rubbish (I mean, who would?), but that she keeps repeating this line, which she started iterating when she was in the thick of it and wasn’t getting cast, about how difficult and how much of a hustle it is, as though that’s why she couldn’t make it. Don’t get me wrong, it absolutely is prohibitively difficult to make it as an actor, but we all know that is not, actually, the primary reason why she didn’tmake it. It’s incredibly disingenuous for her to have ever presented herself as a struggling aspiring actor. Unless I missed something, she has never, ever acknowledged the incredible leg up she had over actual struggling aspiring actors having to ‘hustle’ out there—the money to buy parts, the connections, the ‘fame’ to get stunt-cast as a lead in the play. In fact, when she was getting panned in ‘Confidence’, she had the gall to make out that it was because of who she is (not classically trained), as though she was not, in fact, cast in the first place simply for who she is. She can ignore as much as she wants to how rubbish she was, but it irritates the flake out of me when she pretends to have been just another struggling actor, who couldn’t make it because of ‘how the industry is.’
Gosh yes - she had the time and money to a) pay for acting lessons for ages and b) to keep flying out to LA, stay for about a month and get quite a few auditions.
And as you say all those opportunities and connections through being a famous YouTuber - 'Confidence', Casualty, friendship with Scarlett Curtis etc etc etc, so she had to hustle less than a lot of people for sure.
It's just she's wasn't very good at all and the phone stopped ringing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I actually do believe she hustled in the sense of called in favors and badgered anyone she knew who had whatever remote connections. And even then she failed terribly because she doesn't have any acting talent.

It seems super clear to me that she exhausted every possible avenue she had, hence saying the hustle took a lot out of her. Of course it did. And it ended up being fruitless because everyone who wants to be an actor has to hustle, but it will only yield results if you've got talent or charm or something. She's a big black hole on the screen.

She was privileged in that she had all the money to throw at her dream and never worry about what she'd eat or how she'd pay rent. She'll never recognze that either because then it becomes even more obvious why she failed.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think she just enjoyed cosplaying as this cool upcoming actress flitting between meetings and castings and shoots, posting mysterious sneak peeks and tagging actor acquaintances. ✨️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think she just enjoyed cosplaying as this cool upcoming actress flitting between meetings and castings and shoots, posting mysterious sneak peeks and tagging actor acquaintances. ✨️
I must say I did extras work for a few years (nothing as exciting an Tan's projects 😂) and it was good fun and totally immersive. You are made to feel quite special for a short time - and honestly I was only ever very deep background. Not top billing on Casualty.
But I can understand how can you get sucked into it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel you, there is a buzz around being on set/in the studio and pulling off a shoot or broadcast! I've enjoyed stuff like that in previous jobs 🙌

But yeah Tan did love acting like she was this it-girl about town, she should put that on her imdb haha

Reactions: 13
I’ve realised more than anything I just dislike her shoes! This outfit would have been lovely with a nice pair of heels or even just some platform Converse or anything but these weird things, it makes her look like a child going to his first interview.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve realised more than anything I just dislike her shoes! This outfit would have been lovely with a nice pair of heels or even just some platform Converse or anything but these weird things, it makes her look like a child going to his first interview.
Her shoes look like the shoes a 45 year old recently divorced recruitment consultant wears to try and pull 21 year olds in night clubs, with slightly flared jeans either a white shirt or a ‘jazzy’ shirt he thinks younger women will find interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Yes 😂 they really look like the sort of shoes I wore to my first interview for an office job - sensible, boring and corporate.

And does anyone ever go out more than Tanya for date nights or dinners with girlfriends?

Reactions: 6
Yes 😂 they really look like the sort of shoes I wore to my first interview for an office job - sensible, boring and corporate.

And does anyone ever go out more than Tanya for date nights or dinners with girlfriends?
note she stressed that there were 'two' girlfriends - hun, we know you don't have two mates because at least one of them would have given you the heads up on that fringe :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm cackling at how she's acting like this is a revolutionary outfit that she has to explain when she's just copying other influencers/people like Bella Hadid with the Gazelles and looks like their frumpy cousin from the suburbs and it's the most basic outfit in the world. She didn't even accessorize.

1000099395.jpg

The ill fitting jeans, the terrible sweater knot, and the frizzy fried hair. Wonder if anyone's crazy enough to be paying for her Substack to see more brilliant outfits like this one 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm cackling at how she's acting like this is a revolutionary outfit that she has to explain when she's just copying other influencers/people like Bella Hadid with the Gazelles and looks like their frumpy cousin from the suburbs and it's the most basic outfit in the world. She didn't even accessorize.

View attachment 2811954

The ill fitting jeans, the terrible sweater knot, and the frizzy fried hair. Wonder if anyone's crazy enough to be paying for her Substack to see more brilliant outfits like this one 🥴
I know 😂 It's hilariously basic.
And why does she do that irritating thing of stomping backwards and forwards to stoop and peer into the camera? It's so bloody annoying.
Not just her I know - they're all at it.

Reactions: 6

View attachment 2811954

Also the "tres important". I'm not French but I can speak French, and people peppering the little French phrases they know into English makes me cringe so much! It feels very juvenile - something a 13 year old might write? And a 13 year old in the early 2000s at that. Also, if you are going to do it, at least make it right (très important) so you at least look like you know what you're doing. This is why I would never ever write a caption in a language I don't know!

Edit: This is why French people laugh at us! 😆

Reactions: 10

View attachment 2811954

Tarn, take it from someone who is 5 feet: A t-shirt, jeans and trainers are my daily wear. Yes, it will look frumpy, especially with such ill-fitting jeans. No, people don't pay for this advice. Yes, it would likely look less frumpy on someone like Bella Hadid, although I'm not sure that that is truly what people should go after, you'll never get her height.

Reactions: 2
Can't believe she didn't have a plain/nude bra for a paid brand job.
Screenshot_20240313-125906~2.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13