Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Confidence era was wild 😂😂😂 the script, her acting, pretending it was sold out, the weird relationship with that Rhys guy...
She was so cocky wasn't she?
All her little behind the scenes 'a glimpse into this crazy life of the biz we like to call show' and the casual 'oh no another after show party'.
Obviously hoping to be spotted and snapped up for future stardom 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The Confidence era was wild 😂😂😂 the script, her acting, pretending it was sold out, the weird relationship with that Rhys guy...
I wonder at what point her and Jim’s relationship started breaking down? I feel like a lot of what came after was her rebelling against him/being trapped by it all. Kicking off at the backlash. The Rhys stuff, hair change, smoking and drinking, weight loss. She had a bit of a break down I think. All the breaking free of YouTube was intertwined with breaking free from Jim and the sickly sweet, ditsy act, his “Hi best friends” thing. She wasn’t happy to be owned by her fans, agent and Jim anymore.
If you look at her friends they were maturing, living their dreams and becoming successful without having to sell out or owe anything to fans while she was trapped in the wifey, wholesome, good girl role expected to be the person she wa at 21.
I don’t think she’d have ever gone so far from who she was if she hadn’t felt so trapped by it and Jim was a big part of that.

Reactions: 22
That was a TIME! I was a lurker on the other forum then and @GossWhore you took one for the team. I relent listening to the recording and nearly turning inside out with cringe and you had sat through it irl - a hero 🤣 😂

Reactions: 6
I wonder at what point her and Jim’s relationship started breaking down? I feel like a lot of what came after was her rebelling against him/being trapped by it all. Kicking off at the backlash. The Rhys stuff, hair change, smoking and drinking, weight loss. She had a bit of a break down I think. All the breaking free of YouTube was intertwined with breaking free from Jim and the sickly sweet, ditsy act, his “Hi best friends” thing. She wasn’t happy to be owned by her fans, agent and Jim anymore.
If you look at her friends they were maturing, living their dreams and becoming successful without having to sell out or owe anything to fans while she was trapped in the wifey, wholesome, good girl role expected to be the person she wa at 21.
I don’t think she’d have ever gone so far from who she was if she hadn’t felt so trapped by it and Jim was a big part of that.
And that probably manifested in ways like the having a go at a journo for calling her a YouTuber mentioned earlier

Reactions: 5
And that probably manifested in ways like the having a go at a journo for calling her a YouTuber mentioned earlier
At least she deleted the majority of her YT, just had a look and there’re 40 videos left. I guess most are contractual as they have paid for content by the titles, don’t know about the others. She really committed and must’ve realllyyyyy wanted it gone otherwise she could still make quite a bit of money off the old content.
I’d be pretty fucked off if I sacrificed all the cash and still couldn’t escape the connection 😂

Reactions: 6
The newest stories about getting a company in to tidy her cupboards - I don’t know whether to be envious or disgusted 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The newest stories about getting a company in to tidy her cupboards - I don’t know whether to be envious or disgusted 😂
Ikr? If it wasn't Tanya, I'd think that somebody is making a parody of influencers. Though, Tanya IS a parody of an influencer.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just a thought, but to be honest a company tidying your cupboards, kitchen, pantry etc. sounds really great for someone with (severe) disabilities like myself. I often find myself struggling to tidy it due to various reasons. I have now been able to sort of work something out where I do it over a span of several weeks (a very little corner each time I am able to). So to me it sounds like a great solution for someone with (severe) disabilities but in the end it's people like that who need it the most are also the people who simply can not afford it so in the end these companies can only make money by tidying rich people's houses.
Idk it just makes me a little sad because the idea is quite nice actually. Or even for idk single parents with full time jobs... well, you guys know what I mean right?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just a thought, but to be honest a company tidying your cupboards, kitchen, pantry etc. sounds really great for someone with (severe) disabilities like myself. I often find myself struggling to tidy it due to various reasons. I have now been able to sort of work something out where I do it over a span of several weeks (a very little corner each time I am able to). So to me it sounds like a great solution for someone with (severe) disabilities but in the end it's people like that who need it the most are also the people who simply can not afford it so in the end these companies can only make money by tidying rich people's houses.
Idk it just makes me a little sad because the idea is quite nice actually. Or even for idk single parents with full time jobs... well, you guys know what I mean right?
Totally agree. I've got a chronic illness and I'm not above outsourcing certain things when I can afford to.

But that's the problem with services using influencers. They gift their resource to people who don't need it, or deserve it, and who could have afforded it and they just put me off them. I'd much rather see an ad campaign about them gifting this to an elderly person or an ill person.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
100% agree with this - I think that’s why I’m confused about it - it would benefit so many people but it’s immediately out of the people who need it most’s budget,

I get the company needs to advertise but surely many influencers could gift a lot of things to a charity if they like it enough themselves (I was just reading that zoella has accepted two prams on her thread etc).

The image Tanya outwardly projects is one where she has a lot of time to go out (and can afford a nanny/childcare) and obv we don’t know much about her charitable activity but her stories just felt a bit out of touch - she can afford this and is trying to sell an expensive unattainable lifestyle (but here’s her ££££ shopping list aff links guys) and it just comes across tone deaf (IMO). But they are all shopping influencers I guess!

Reactions: 5
Totally agree. I've got a chronic illness and I'm not above outsourcing certain things when I can afford to.

But that's the problem with services using influencers. They gift their resource to people who don't need it, or deserve it, and who could have afforded it and they just put me off them. I'd much rather see an ad campaign about them gifting this to an elderly person or an ill person.
I absolutely agree and thank you for sharing this about yourself. Through the local government I get help every week (it's not for free, I do have to pay for it but it's partially funded by the local gov) and that helps a lot, but there is still a lot that my help can not do in the given time. Currently saving up so I can hopefully hire someone during spring or summer to do some extra chores for me. If I saw a company like this just gifting influencers their services I would not hire them. In stead I would rather ask a cleaning lady from my neighborhood advertising her services on marketplace or something, usually as long as you pay them their hourly rate they don't care what they do for you cleaning, tidying up, washing... I would rather hire her in stead of a company gifting services to those that don't need it or can afford it.

Reactions: 13
She is out of touch as usual. The only thing she did for charity or promoting any support is UNICEF I believe but it was purely based on her projection to be Angelina Jolie . Like you know 2 "actresses" sharing the same path...she is really annoying. And thank you tattlers for sharing your stories. It actually makes me even more angry those influencers receives those stuff they don't need ugh.

Reactions: 13
Her poor hair! ☹ someone needs to kindly tell her to stop bleaching

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17