Tanya Burr #16 Bogdan is here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And clearly she's dead set on remaining unrelatable and fake. "Absolute heaven." While I'm sure she's absolutely in love with her baby and that there have been many highs, and while I myself do not have kids, I have been with friends and family in the first few weeks post birth and "absolute heaven" it was not. She's so fake. Everything must be perfect in her life. If it's all absolute heaven why is it that you look like absolute hell, Tarn?

We could all do with a little more honesty regarding everything motherhood/womanhood. It'd make lots of people feel less alone
Completely agree. While I do understand it’s hard to admit that it’s not all rainbows and sunshine at the beginning, it’s a shame she can’t for once share something real. Of course there are wonderful parts but it really isn’t all about sitting in bed watching movies and breastfeeding in a heavenly little bubble.

It’s a truckload of hormones smashing you in the face every five mins, it’s thinking you’re amazing one minute and terrible the next, it’s wondering how the F it’s so much harder than you anticipated, it’s baby clothes covered in poo, it’s a piss stream directly into your face, it’s bleeding for weeks on end. It’s all of those messy things. And she is completely fraudulent to pretend it’s “absolute heaven”.

It’s branding 101: be genuine. Tell the truth. Don’t pretend to be perfect because you won’t make genuine connections.

And like you say it’s also irresponsible to spread a myth of the perfect mother. It does make others feel tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Completely agree. While I do understand it’s hard to admit that it’s not all rainbows and sunshine at the beginning, it’s a shame she can’t for once share something real. Of course there are wonderful parts but it really isn’t all about sitting in bed watching movies and breastfeeding in a heavenly little bubble.

It’s a truckload of hormones smashing you in the face every five mins, it’s thinking you’re amazing one minute and terrible the next, it’s wondering how the F it’s so much harder than you anticipated, it’s baby clothes covered in poo, it’s a piss stream directly into your face, it’s bleeding for weeks on end. It’s all of those messy things. And she is completely fraudulent to pretend it’s “absolute heaven”.

It’s branding 101: be genuine. Tell the truth. Don’t pretend to be perfect because you won’t make genuine connections.

And like you say it’s also irresponsible to spread a myth of the perfect mother. It does make others feel tit.
It is ridiculous isn't it?
Smug. But the first few weeks are 'relatively' easy. Usually the baby sleeps a lot and you can congratulate yourself on having such an exceptionally easy baby. I
Iook after my two small grandchildren a lot and we all thought this with the second one for about 6 weeks 😂
Soon changes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is Liam even popular nowadays? I associate it with men in their 20s and 30s.
Leo and Leon are pretty popular right now, as far as I can tell, at least in France. Raphael, Gabriel and Louis seem to be in every class too!

Reactions: 5
Do people still feed on a schedule in 2022? Sorry if this comes across as judging I just can't believe people still do this. Completely outdated advice (at least where I live, maybe it's still the done thing in the UK).

Also, I agree her post sends the wrong message to new mums. Especially with your first child, the first few weeks can be quite the opposite of heaven. And that's normal. You're probably in pain, bleeding, tired, overwhelmed, hormones (!!) etc.

Reactions: 12
I just think posting the feeding schedule is too intense and it’s opening herself up for criticism basically. A lot of things about parenting a controversial and polarising, it’s not essential to let everyone know when, how often, how much, so just keep it to yourself? You’re not helping anybody. If anything she might just be making people anxious if their baby is feeding more/less than Sage, especially when she’s already saying how amazing everything is. At the end of the day, follow your midwife/health visitors advice and remember you know your baby best it’s not a competition. Everyone does things differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I mean considering Tanya’s pre baby life I’m not surprised how “blissful” and “cosy” things have been - she was practically on holiday most weeks so her construing an image of lying with baby in bed, films and eating puddings/sweet treats etc isn’t a surprise to me 😂.

Considering her attempts at raising awareness of first trimester loneliness/morning sickness (because it happened to her obvz) I did hope she would be a bit more sensitive and realistic about fourth trimester but hey ho I’m sure it’ll be that cosy life until Authored releases baby lip balm or something.

Reactions: 8
If you’d like to read a newborn reality post, check out Lottie Drynan’s latest post where she tells it like it is. Those first few weeks are hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do people still feed on a schedule in 2022? Sorry if this comes across as judging I just can't believe people still do this. Completely outdated advice (at least where I live, maybe it's still the done thing in the UK).
I don’t think she’s actually feeding on schedule, I think she’s just keeping track.
I demand fed but still wrote down feeds in the first few weeks when it’s so easy to lose track and you’re panicking they’re not getting enough.

For me, even with hormones, trauma, difficulty feeding etc those first few weeks were bliss because of how tit pregnancy had been, thinking it would never happen etc, was a dream come true…. Plus Dad was home to help. We don’t know the circumstances of Tanya’s fertility/pregnancy so I don’t automatically think she’s lying, as such.
It was 4-6 weeks probably when the colic/gas kicked in, the crying and not knowing wtf you’re doing or if it’s right etc. I wonder if she will change her tune if/when that new born bubble wears off into the new year. I’ll reserve judgment until she gets a bit further in personally.

Some people are full of tit but some people get lucky and get really chill babies. No way of knowing when these influencers are being honest annoyingly

Reactions: 17
I don’t think she’s actually feeding on schedule, I think she’s just keeping track.
I demand fed but still wrote down feeds in the first few weeks when it’s so easy to lose track and you’re panicking they’re not getting enough.

For me, even with hormones, trauma, difficulty feeding etc those first few weeks were bliss because of how tit pregnancy had been, thinking it would never happen etc, was a dream come true…. Plus Dad was home to help. We don’t know the circumstances of Tanya’s fertility/pregnancy so I don’t automatically think she’s lying, as such.
It was 4-6 weeks probably when the colic/gas kicked in, the crying and not knowing wtf you’re doing or if it’s right etc. I wonder if she will change her tune if/when that new born bubble wears off into the new year. I’ll reserve judgment until she gets a bit further in personally.

Some people are full of tit but some people get lucky and get really chill babies. No way of knowing when these influencers are being honest annoyingly

This, I think she’s just keeping track of what times feeds are, it’s not uncommon for new parents to monitor and keep track off feeds, dirty and wet nappies.

Reactions: 9
The midwife/health visitor in me is scrutinising that feeding chart :( Granted looks like she hasn’t finished the Tuesday but not many feeds for a newborn for the Sunday and Tuesday. Some big gaps between feeds as well
Whereas with someone who doesn't have kids, my reaction was a Rachel Green style 'it feeds TEN TIMES A DAY???'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
At least she seems genuinely happy and content with her life now. I can’t see her posting flashback videos to the “good old days” like a certain someone has - how embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Where can I find the pap pics? Can’t seem to find them on this thread, the DM or anywhere, has she had them all removed?

Reactions: 1
Where can I find the pap pics? Can’t seem to find them on this thread, the DM or anywhere, has she had them all removed?
The ones post baby? They're on this thread, page 4. They're in video format though.

I don't think any tabloid or whatever bought them so they just exist here and in that pap's YouTube.

I was watching the pap pictures and I have one question - why is the pram set so low? It looks like it could be painful to bend this low to get a baby, especially after a c section

Reactions: 3
Has she travelled up to Zoe's yet to show her the baby? as we all know Zoe wont travel to go see her!

Why do they even pretend they care about each other? They both do nothing and still can’t ever make time for each other. Tanya didn’t give a duck when Zoe was pregnant, yet she said in an interview that she can’t wait to see her. She never did until muuuuch later when the baby was born. Their friendship never felt genuine anyway, there always was tension.

Reactions: 23
The ones post baby? They're on this thread, page 4. They're in video format though.

I don't think any tabloid or whatever bought them so they just exist here and in that pap's YouTube.
Don’t know how I missed that, thank you

I was watching the pap pictures and I have one question - why is the pram set so low? It looks like it could be painful to bend this low to get a baby, especially after a c section
It’s odd isn’t it, looks like the baby zen yoyo

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.