Tanya Burr #11 All mattress, no actress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comments under the authored Instagram post are amusing!
I just went to check out the comments and nothing, they must have blocked comments, oh man! I did go to see if anything has been tagged and theres a bunch of makeup photos from like 2018 etc

Going to read this now, check it out! New interview ahh but i cant read the whole thing, let me know if you guys do

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I don't get the Authored thing... it's launching imminently but Companies House says Tanya's been a director since April 2019 🤔 I wonder what's going to be so amazing it's taken two years to get to this point...
Actually, it's been over three. Since 2018, Tanya's been saying exciting things are coming. 💀

Each year since then, she's said it would be launching that year. And every time, nothing. Just a few months ago the bio said launching in July. Now, they pushed it back yet again 'til September. 🙄

It's so strange because nothing takes this long. Even the most advanced formulas take two years at most to develop. I'm assuming they're running into problems or since it's four people besides Tanya starting it, maybe they're having creative differences and can't agree on things. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
The only way you can overlook her "skills" (or lack thereof) is if you've never watched her reel. I encourage you to watch her "acting". She's not where she's at because she's acting like she's made it and sending the message that she's fine where she's at. She acts like she's fine where she's at because she'll never be anywhere else.

A quick Google to save you the trouble

Tanya's reel

and Tattle's very own complete reel of Tanya's "acting"
You're right, I hand't seen her act. I watched the reel and yes, she is not good. Not sure why she's chosen acting as the only career for her. But I have to say, some series that teenagers watch these days (I sound ancient right, I'm a millenial) have some really bad actors. Well, sometimes the script is so bad no one could do it justice (Riverdale's scene with the weird beanie rant), but also there are some bad actors. Maybe they're easy to work with, some one take wonders, who are just not that captivating on film.

Reactions: 2
You're right, I hand't seen her act. I watched the reel and yes, she is not good. Not sure why she's chosen acting as the only career for her. But I have to say, some series that teenagers watch these days (I sound ancient right, I'm a millenial) have some really bad actors. Well, sometimes the script is so bad no one could do it justice (Riverdale's scene with the weird beanie rant), but also there are some bad actors. Maybe they're easy to work with, some one take wonders, who are just not that captivating on film.
But she’s too old and not pretty enough for those type of series aimed at teenagers. In series where the quality of acting is not as relevant, the actors are often better looking than Tanya.

Reactions: 9
But she’s too old and not pretty enough for those type of series aimed at teenagers. In series where the quality of acting is not as relevant, the actors are often better looking than Tanya.
ugh you’re probably right, but I hate this mentality. Men very rarely get comments about being too old. 😔 (not to defend her acting, it’s royally tit)

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I mean she is unbelievably shite and can't act at all but neither can half the cast of 'Call the Midwife' but then she would deem herself too good for that kind of role. She could get into something like Hollyoaks as an older character - not that attractive, not good actors - but she's not got the right accent. She's fucked anything period with her bleached hair and eyebrows & she's pitching herself as arty but she's walk on - bit part fodder for daytime dramas like 'Doctors'. There just don't seem to be any roles for her even if she were decent because she's non-descript.

Reactions: 9
I secretly wonder if she “tried” to audition for gossip girl reboot, with her ideas and her brain who knows

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dear God, that's scary.

What a bleeping load of BS all around. With Authored and its mEsSaGe (barf), why, it seems she's trying to inspire people to recklessly wreck their lives like she did:

‘If you want to try doing something different, whether in your career or your personal life, we worry: “What if it doesn’t work out and we’re laughed at?” Or, “If it does work out, will people accept who I’ve become?”’

Uh it's good to self-reflect and question yourself and your decisions to a healthy, rational degree, Tarn. Otherwise, people get delusional and end up like you floundering in the depressing position you're in now.

Still don't get what any of this has to do with brow gel or lip balm.

'I decided I wouldn’t sign anything off until it was the only thing I wanted to reach for, even if that meant going through 25 samples,’ she explains.

Does she think that's a lot and like she sounds like she has high standards, or something? I've seen some indie beauty brands that have gone through 200+ iterations of a product trying to achieve the perfect formula.

When referring to her boyfriend, ‘I’m very loved up. It’s very exciting.’ Loved up? 🤮 That's endearing. Sounds like their relationship is really deep and meaningful doesn't it.

'I feel the most “me” when I’m acting.’

bleeping HOW. When you're plain BAD at it. You're like a parody of a bad actor, but go ahead thinking it's your calling. 🤡

‘When I did this film, I was in my element. The director got so much out of me, which I didn’t know was there.’

Excuse us, Ms. Oscar-worthy actress! 🤣 Tanya Burr for Best Actress 2022. How could we not know "it's arrre best sellaaaar" cheese girl had all this talent waiting to burst out of her.

Ugh. This woman is never changing. She'll always put on the act things are going great. Her 30s are her favorite years and she feels like she's really living life. Yeah. Whatever helps you sleep at night. "Buzzing" from talking to a director of a film she's gonna start in the fall. Who? Greta? For the that San Valentino film she's funding? 🙄 Some unknown director chatting about a background bit part? 🙄

Just same drivel, different year.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The comments under the authored Instagram post are amusing!
They’ve disabled comments. What were they?

I did go to see if anything has been tagged and theres a bunch of makeup photos from like 2018 etc
It’s because they used the old @tanyaburrcosmetics Instagram and changed the handle to make it @authored... That way they can keep all the old followers and even start off with a blue check right off the bat 🙄 I HATE when influencers do this. Unethical if you ask me.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh and they're debuting Venice at Dawn at a film festival in the US next spring. 🙄 When they took Hurt by Paradise to Edinburgh International Film Festival, it wasn't too worrying or second hand anxiety-inducing as Tanya only had a few lines in the film so she didn't ruin the entire thing completely. But it seems she has a bigger role in this one.

Yikes. I can see this being Confidence all over again in the reviews. I'm just getting flashbacks of "life-drainingly lacklustre" performance and "Tanya Burr can't really act." How naive can she be saying that the release will be ‘my most exciting moment so far in my career’. Don't get ahead of yourself, Tanya.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If Tanya loves acting so much why doesn’t she join a community theatre group or do group acting lessons? She may benefit from learning in a public space, Where she’s critiqued in real time and asked to try again. She could gain a wealth of knowledge from her peers and learn to interact naturally. Something of which she really lacks.
If I had all the time she has and I wanted acting to be my career, I would try different ways to grow within my craft rather than the odd overly priced private acting lesson and hounding people for a tid bit in a film.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Dear God, that's scary.

What a bleeping load of BS all around. With Authored and its mEsSaGe (barf), why, it seems she's trying to inspire people to recklessly wreck their lives like she did:

‘If you want to try doing something different, whether in your career or your personal life, we worry: “What if it doesn’t work out and we’re laughed at?” Or, “If it does work out, will people accept who I’ve become?”’

Uh it's good to self-reflect and question yourself and your decisions to a healthy, rational degree, Tarn. Otherwise, people get delusional and end up like you floundering in the depressing position you're in now.

Still don't get what any of this has to do with brow gel or lip balm.

'I decided I wouldn’t sign anything off until it was the only thing I wanted to reach for, even if that meant going through 25 samples,’ she explains.

Does she think that's a lot and like she sounds like she has high standards, or something? I've seen some indie beauty brands that have gone through 200+ iterations of a product trying to achieve the perfect formula.

When referring to her boyfriend, ‘I’m very loved up. It’s very exciting.’ Loved up? 🤮 That's endearing. Sounds like their relationship is really deep and meaningful doesn't it.

'I feel the most “me” when I’m acting.’

bleeping HOW. When you're plain BAD at it. You're like a parody of a bad actor, but go ahead thinking it's your calling. 🤡

‘When I did this film, I was in my element. The director got so much out of me, which I didn’t know was there.’

Excuse us, Ms. Oscar-worthy actress! 🤣 Tanya Burr for Best Actress 2022. How could we not know "it's arrre best sellaaaar" cheese girl had all this talent waiting to burst out of her.

Ugh. This woman is never changing. She'll always put on the act things are going great. Her 30s are her favorite years and she feels like she's really living life. Yeah. Whatever helps you sleep at night. "Buzzing" from talking to a director of a film she's gonna start in the fall. Who? Greta? For the that San Valentino film she's funding? 🙄 Some unknown director chatting about a background bit part? 🙄

Just same drivel, different year.
Where did you find this? Is it the telegraph interview, do you mind posting screenshots thanks!

Reactions: 2
Thanks for posting this.
Well. What can you say apart from she sounds delusional - her brand is 'dreaming big and achieving your goals'.
That Authored sounds a complete wishy washy waste of time - and planned for three years? Well three years after Goop-like things were remotely fashionable. I just don't get who it is aimed at - who would take lifestyle tips and advice from Tanya?
And those four random beauty products being launched. I just don't get it.

Reactions: 26
Wow she is really living in her how little word. The delusion needs to be treated in a mental facility...
Tan you are not a star, not a celebrity not a guru of any sort. No-one cares for another ex youtuber meaningless brand.
You earn your money by advertising mayo and mattresses and taking selfies in public bathrooms. No-one is inspired by you expect you which is the most pathetic thing ever !

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What needs to happen for her to realize she can’t act? How many bad reviews can she just swallow and keep going?? Like…if EVERYONE REPEATEDLY says you’re AWFUL at acting, isn’t it time to realize this isn’t some test of wills and life isn’t waiting to reward her for her perseverance?

Reactions: 16
What needs to happen for her to realize she can’t act? How many bad reviews can she just swallow and keep going?? Like…if EVERYONE REPEATEDLY says you’re AWFUL at acting, isn’t it time to realize this isn’t some test of wills and life isn’t waiting to reward her for her perseverance?
If she’s hired to act, then the acting is good enough, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If she’s hired to act, then the acting is good enough, I guess.
Yeah no. She hasn't landed anything based on talent or merit. Every part she's ever "gotten" is because she either funded the project (Hurt by Paradise, Venice at Dawn), or the pity bit parts were given to her by friends (Noel Clarke and Scarlett Curtis), or they were stunt-castings like Confidence and Holby City. The only exception is cheese shop girl and even that one is meh. She didn't even audition for the part i.e. she wasn't even in line for it. She had auditioned for AwesomenessTV a bunch of times prior and it seemed like they called her up out of nowhere at the last minute needing to fill the spot.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.