Tanya Burr #11 All mattress, no actress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's pretty too, and when she takes her own photo or is aware of her angles then she can photograph well but she moves so awkwardly on film, like she's too aware that she's being filmed. I don't think the shape of her face necessarily works well on film either if that makes sense, her bone structure doesn't give her the best profile.
And she calls herself an ‘actress’?!

Reactions: 4
Was Tanya ever close to Joe, though?

I mean, Zoe doesn't really have much in the way of friends, she doesn't seem to like other women and she seemed to hate that Tanya was no longer the chubby sidekick. So there might be lots of reasons for the cooling off.

That said, I can totally see Zalfie and Joe thinking Tanya's cringey and embarrassing. She's just such a try hard and fame bleep.
They do talk about her in vlogs though and seem to call her 'our friend Tarn'. In reference to her big cookie recipe and when Zoe posed for photos in front of the beach huts (she wanted to pose like how Tarn does as her photos always look sooo good)

Reactions: 5
Her brother is trying to set foot in film and photography why not work with him and shoot whatever you need, family duo🤷‍♀️
I don't understand when she does this. Like, is she so poor a planner that she just decides to see who wants to give her free labor a day or two before the photo shoot?

ETA: I also agree she does not have a good face, or movement, for film. I think she can look pretty, when she's really made up and she controls her angles, but "in the wild" she seems to be rather unfortunate looking. Like all the pap photos with HWM. She looked unkempt, plain bordering on ugly, and kind of an oaf.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She's been following more people at the BBC, Telegraph/Stella magazine, and a beauty editor at Vogue. 🙄 Isn't it her publicist's job to get her out there? She does not need to be poking any of these people on their personal Instagram pages trying to get noticed. She's like an annoying fly getting all up in everyone's faces trying to make her presence known.

This, bugging celebrities, and in that Confidence Q&A, didn't she even 'advise' to follow producers and people in the film industry on social media and Rhys was like no, they don't like that. She's always been so antsy, so desperate to MAKE something happen. That's probably why nothing has. I know she's talentless and forgettable, but the big desperate vibe she gives off doesn't help her any.

For someone with 3 million followers and who's been in the game for over 10 years, people should be knocking on her door. It's crazy how hard she has to try.

Reactions: 16
She's been following more people at the BBC, Telegraph/Stella magazine, and a beauty editor at Vogue. 🙄 Isn't it her publicist's job to get her out there? She does not need to be poking any of these people on their personal Instagram pages trying to get noticed. She's like an annoying fly getting all up in everyone's faces trying to make her presence known.

This, bugging celebrities, and in that Confidence Q&A, didn't she even 'advise' to follow producers and people in the film industry on social media and Rhys was like no, they don't like that. She's always been so antsy, so desperate to MAKE something happen. That's probably why nothing has. I know she's talentless and forgettable, but the big desperate vibe she gives off doesn't help her any.

For someone with 3 million followers and who's been in the game for over 10 years, people should be knocking on her door. It's crazy how hard she has to try.
At this stage she has just nothing to offer.
She is just simply desperate in the most horrible annoying and arrogant way.

Reactions: 11
Her age or her deep buried youtube career are not the obstacles on her way to became an actress. I don't know about her skills, so if I overlook them, I think the problem is that she acts like she already made it, while she's just on level 'extra'. If she's happy with that, like Zoe was about being an extra on Harry Potter, then that's fine. But if she wants to reach higher levels, like playing someone with a full name, she shouldn't act like she's happy with her current castings. She's sending out a message that she is just hanging on this current state of her career and doesn't need help and is focusing on her image rather than working.

Reactions: 15

The most desperate was the hanging about with Scarlett Curtis - even papped a couple of times going to that Chiltern Firehouse or somewhere. All to see a small portion of her face for a second in the Comic Relief thing. I bet she thought being in with that crowd automatically would lead to bigger and better things. Spotted by Richard Curtis to be given a main role in his next thing.

• Haha
The most desperate was the hanging about with Scarlett Curtis - even papped a couple of times going to that Chiltern Firehouse or somewhere. All to see a small portion of her face for a second in the Comic Relief thing. I bet she thought being in with that crowd automatically would lead to bigger and better things. Spotted by Richard Curtis to be given a main role in his next thing.
So pathetic and cringe 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wonder what happened with Tanya and that makeup artist to Victoria Beckham, Valeria? She used to travel with Tanya to fashion week, would go to her summer parties, Tanya even had her on set while filming Hurt by Paradise as if she was a huge star who needed a personal makeup artist. 🙄 Then we just stopped seeing her.

Tanya probably had to start budgeting and had to cut the expense. That, or Valeria distanced herself from Tanya. Looking at her Instagram, she continues to do well for herself, has even more big clients including Florence Pugh and the Swinton's and is working in Cannes doing red carpet makeup as we speak. Tanya would never part ways with her, she would die if she had the same makeup artist as Florence Pugh etc and would bring it up every chance she could get, being the desperate social climber she is. So yeah, I definitely think Valeria 'dropped' her.

Tanya really is falling off everywhere and with everyone. Fellow influencers don't even interact with her, do they? I never see anyone commenting on her posts, or her on theirs, really. How is she gonna launch this Authored thing when she has no friends to send the PR packages to or invite anyone to the launch party? 😂

ETA:

Speaking of. FINALLY, MOVEMENT.

I was bleeping right. "Author your life." 🤣 What does that and especially the, "PUSH FORWARD REGARDLESS OF YOUR NOW" have to do with beauty products? It reads like an anxiety or self-help page. This is going to be bad. Really, really bad. And how in the world is it getting pushed back even further? Products take 1-2 years to develop. I think it's going to be such a mess, just like Tanya.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I wonder what happened with Tanya and that makeup artist to Victoria Beckham, Valeria? She used to travel with Tanya to fashion week, would go to her summer parties, Tanya even had her on set while filming Hurt by Paradise as if she was a huge star who needed a personal makeup artist. 🙄 Then we just stopped seeing her.

Tanya probably had to start budgeting and had to cut the expense. That, or Valeria distanced herself from Tanya. Looking at her Instagram, she continues to do well for herself, has even more big clients including Florence Pugh and the Swinton's and is working in Cannes doing red carpet makeup as we speak. Tanya would never part ways with her, she would die if she had the same makeup artist as Florence Pugh etc and would bring it up every chance she could get, being the desperate social climber she is. So yeah, I definitely think Valeria 'dropped' her.

Tanya really is falling off everywhere and with everyone. Fellow influencers don't even interact with her, do they? I never see anyone commenting on her posts, or her on theirs, really. How is she gonna launch this Authored thing when she has no friends to send the PR packages to or invite anyone to the launch party? 😂

ETA:

Speaking of. FINALLY, MOVEMENT.

I was bleeping right. "Author your life." 🤣 What does that and especially the, "PUSH FORWARD REGARDLESS OF YOUR NOW" have to do with beauty products? It reads like an anxiety or self-help page. This is going to be bad. Really, really bad. And how in the world is it getting pushed back even further? Products take 1-2 years to develop. I think it's going to be such a mess, just like Tanya.
I wonder what the duck is this too? Sounds like some self help coaching crap

• Sad
Her age or her deep buried youtube career are not the obstacles on her way to became an actress. I don't know about her skills, so if I overlook them, I think the problem is that she acts like she already made it, while she's just on level 'extra'. If she's happy with that, like Zoe was about being an extra on Harry Potter, then that's fine. But if she wants to reach higher levels, like playing someone with a full name, she shouldn't act like she's happy with her current castings. She's sending out a message that she is just hanging on this current state of her career and doesn't need help and is focusing on her image rather than working.
The only way you can overlook her "skills" (or lack thereof) is if you've never watched her reel. I encourage you to watch her "acting". She's not where she's at because she's acting like she's made it and sending the message that she's fine where she's at. She acts like she's fine where she's at because she'll never be anywhere else.

A quick Google to save you the trouble

Tanya's reel

and Tattle's very own complete reel of Tanya's "acting"

• Haha
"Push forward regardless of your now" reads the same as "Fake it till you make it"

Tanya is not a good poster child for either of these theories seeing as she's been "Pushing forward" for over 5 years now and has not gone anywhere but backwards.

The only way you can overlook her "skills" (or lack thereof) is if you've never watched her reel. I encourage you to watch her "acting". She's not where she's at because she's acting like she's made it and sending the message that she's fine where she's at. She acts like she's fine where she's at because she'll never be anywhere else.

A quick Google to save you the trouble

Tanya's reel

and Tattle's very own complete reel of Tanya's "acting"
02:11 on Tanya's reel

"Stop..!"

STOP WHAT?! You stopped the poor guy before he could actually do any nuzzling that you could giggle at and playfully push him off for. SO BAD OMFG.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
"Push forward regardless of your now" reads the same as "Fake it till you make it"

Tanya is not a good poster child for either of these theories seeing as she's been "Pushing forward" for over 5 years now and has not gone anywhere but backwards.
It's the sort of dangerous psychobabble that makes my blood boil. "Push forward regardless of your now" is such bs advice if you're going through actual problems/mental health issues. You'd think she'd know better, considering she was/is depressed and suffers from anxiety, but clearly she's just trying to become famous any way possible.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I bet she is needy and hard work. I can imagine why Scarlet Curtis dropped her - constant texting and trying to invite herself round to the Curtis/Freud house (can't think why - they all seem utterly ghastly to me but hey ho) - 'Hiya babes - meet for drinkies soon? ❤❤❤'

• Haha
I’ve just watched those reels! She is so awkward on film. I just cannot understand how she thinks she’s genuinely going to land big acting roles.

I try new things all the time but if I can’t quite get the hang of it I admit that I can’t do it very well and move on. There is nothing wrong with admitting you can’t do something as well as you’d hoped!

Reactions: 15
I wonder what happened with Tanya and that makeup artist to Victoria Beckham, Valeria? (...)
I can imagine TanTan was thinking she would be getting the gritty roles Flo is getting now; the thing is though Flo is very talented and even when you see her in some older stuff where she isn't playing leads, the talent and potential is there; and you can't say the same for Tan's extras jobs.

I don't get the Authored thing... it's launching imminently but Companies House says Tanya's been a director since April 2019 🤔 I wonder what's going to be so amazing it's taken two years to get to this point...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.