Taina Licciardo-Toivola - Ten children all dressed in white and an invisible husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am intrigued by this family. I don't watch all the videos but I watched the food shopping one where the mum was saying they never buy cereal and spaghetti is only for treat. What???
The kids seemed fine with it though šŸ¤”
Even the juice and stuff aimed at kids, they just weren't interested, its so strange. Its like they've been brainwashed. So I watched another video of where her eldest got married and now lives somewhere with his new wife and I thought, bet he's having the time of his life eating spaghetti whenever he wants.

I watched a video of his and was hoping to see a pizza box or two but no. šŸ˜”

I'm one of eleven kids (ages 26 to 4 months) and growing up my mom would always have us in similar color clothing, purely because of laundry. The amount of laundry in our house on a daily basis is CRAZY, especially with the younger one going through 2-3 outfits a day. Even now we still all mainly wear black, white, grey and denim. So its possible this family has the same reasons for the clothing???

If they all wore different materials and different colors, I can't imagine how many loads she would have to do.

As for her keeping the little ones on a blanket on the floor in the middle of the kitchen - my mom keeps the 3 younger ones on bean bags in the morning, whilst they are drinking their milk and she can go about doing other chores. This way she knows where they are and to be honest they are quite content just laying there. I think Tainas kids look chilled whilst laying on the blanket, believe me if a toddler wasn't happy and wanted to move, they would move.

I don't think she treats the 4 year old like a baby?? It may be easier to give her drinks in a bottle rather than a cup, especially when she has another 3 baby to look after. Doesn't mean that she only EVER drinks out of a bottle. It also varies for potty training babies, my baby sisters both were a lot quicker at picking it up than the boys. She may be trying to potty train, but doesn't talk about it or show it?

I have no comments about what the dad has apparently said or done, I don't have the energy to look through all of that. Could be completely innocent, could not be.

I genuinely think that people are just trying to find something 'wrong' with this family. They look completely normal and healthy to me, they all look like they get along and the older ones take good care of the younger ones. They all seem really intelligent and active. They have everything they could possibly need and more. Where they live looks amazing, regardless if they own the house or not, who cares?

I get that when you see someone with a lot of kids, people automatically think it's a religious thing, a cult or something to do with getting easy money from the government. Believe me, I've heard it all haha.

My parents have been together for the past 28 years, and have 11 kids together. Dad owns a commercial construction company and Mom is a freelance events planner. So they work really hard to support us and all of us kids have always been cared for and looked after.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just trying to get across that it is possible for a big family to be genuine and not part of a 'cult'. Totally understand that if you only have 1-2 siblings it might be a bit odd and interesting, however I would suggest don't try and make something out to be what it is not.

Reactions: 9
Sorry for the rant, but I'm just trying to get across that it is possible for a big family to be genuine and not part of a 'cult'. Totally understand that if you only have 1-2 siblings it might be a bit odd and interesting, however I would suggest don't try and make something out to be what it is not.
People started suspecting cult NOT because of the number of the kids in the family. But because of the dadā€™s creepy ā€œthe end is comingā€ videos, the grandmother being the founder of some church, blanket training and such. Itā€™s quiet condescending to assume that people are unable of making sane judgements.

Reactions: 8
People started suspecting cult NOT because of the number of the kids in the family. But because of the dadā€™s creepy ā€œthe end is comingā€ videos, the grandmother being the founder of some church, blanket training and such. Itā€™s quiet condescending to assume that people are unable of making sane judgements.
Exactly, it is their ideology that makes people doubt them, not their family size.

Reactions: 5
Like I said, I didnā€™t see the dads video, couldnā€™t find it. He can have his own beliefs, doesnā€™t mean this has been pushed upon the children. Since when does the grandmother being a founder of a church suggest they may be part of a cult?

Also as far as Iā€™m aware, people are just assuming that she is ā€˜blanket trainingā€™ - this hasnā€™t been confirmed anywhere. As I explained above, keeping them on a blanket may be easier to know where when they are drinking and sheā€™s busy doing other stuff.

I have seen comments on this thread and others, concerning the fact that they apparently had to have 10 kids and there must be a religious reason behind it - because apparently no normal family would have this amount of kids. There was a comment (not sure if it was on this thread) comparing them to the Turpinā€™s, due to the amount of kids and people assuming the dad was ā€˜brain washingā€™ the family with all sorts of religious beliefs. Which I thought was completely absurd.

Totally get that there is people, who are not making their judgement on the amount of kids that there is. But iā€™m just stating to the people who are basing their comment on this, that they more than likely are incorrect.

I discovered this family randomly few weeks ago came up suggested.

Fair play managing 10 kids.
They all seem lovely kids. Great english.
She looks fab for her age
I assumed blankets was because she has hard floors as i cushion the wood floor with blankets for my clumsy baby.

The only thing safety wise is if child can escape a cot it safer move them into a bed with maybe stairgate bedroom door as so many steps.

Reactions: 1
I discovered this family randomly few weeks ago came up suggested.

Fair play managing 10 kids.
They all seem lovely kids. Great english.
She looks fab for her age
I assumed blankets was because she has hard floors as i cushion the wood floor with blankets for my clumsy baby.

The only thing safety wise is if child can escape a cot it safer move them into a bed with maybe stairgate bedroom door as so many steps.
Blanket training has nothing to do with hard floors, it is a technique used amongst some fundamental christians that supposedly teaches babies discipline by 'breaking their spirit'. Baby is sat on a blanket, if it tries to move off it it is corrected (by a tap or smack on the legs/hands) until it learns to sit there for up to 30 minutes at a time. This allows the mother to do chores undisturbed and supposedly is the beginning of a christian character.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I read that the family hope to move back to Australia one day and also that their children are unvaccinated, if this is the case then they will not be entitled to any government children benefits which pays quite handsomely in Australia, especially with the amount of kids they have under 19. With neither of the parents working, they'd have to rely on any youtube monies/sponsorships. Plus Australia would prefer them NOT to come back here unvaccianted.

Reactions: 5
This family appeared on my youtube page a month or so ago as I've read it has shown up on so many others. I couldn't stop watching them. I have no great education or degree but I couldn't help but compare my own two daughter's upbringing with those children. In effect I might as well have had 10 children. I did before and after day care for 3 children, I always had at least 2 if not more of the my daughter's best friends over and several more whose parents didn't want them underfoot and perhaps one that a policeman had brought to my door in the middle of the night because her parents were drinking and she needed a place to stay. It all added up to 10 I'm sure. The point being that there was laughter, noise, creativity,a few tears, music playing, movies being watched, cakes in the oven - you get the picture. As I"m sure most of you can quess there was not one of these kids that would have dressed like the others or enjoyed the same foods etc. Rather they were frantic to display their own taste and growing independance, which included manner of dress, hairstyles, makeup or lack of, exactly the same as I had approached my teen years. The one common thread these children had and that I did preach to them was giving back, helping others out, volunteering - in a fun way because they were still young and showing kindness to others. I took them to church where I was youth group leader and they spent many happy hours there, sometimes reluctantly but mostly with good hearts. Then I watch video after video of an enormous family in perfectly orchestrated poses with not one person working 9 to 5 and really, it kind of bothered me. I thought surely they must be wealthy to have so many children and beautiful houses to live in, more than one car, not cheap hobbies and finally for me it was the FIREWORKS that made me mad!! The silly fireworks! I thought my god they must have cost a fortune! Then the oldest boy - full of himself like they all are at that age and his aimless "wife". Sorry but at 18 I was working full time because I wanted to and had to. My parents didn't have a lot of money and they needed my help. So who finances all their lifestyles? I've read they are on welfare because the husband is blind or almost. Apparently welfare in Finland is generous to their clients. So who finances the oldest brother and his wife? And I just see indulgence after indulgence with no giving back. I've never heard or seen any of them going out to volunteer. Maybe they have but it's not something I've heard them talk about either. It's seems to be all take and no give. And to anyone that doesn't like what I've written, when you are on youtube you are basically putting yourself in the public eye and open for discussion.

Reactions: 2
I'm one of eleven kids (ages 26 to 4 months) and growing up my mom would always have us in similar color clothing, purely because of laundry. The amount of laundry in our house on a daily basis is CRAZY, especially with the younger one going through 2-3 outfits a day. Even now we still all mainly wear black, white, grey and denim. So its possible this family has the same reasons for the clothing???

If they all wore different materials and different colors, I can't imagine how many loads she would have to do.

As for her keeping the little ones on a blanket on the floor in the middle of the kitchen - my mom keeps the 3 younger ones on bean bags in the morning, whilst they are drinking their milk and she can go about doing other chores. This way she knows where they are and to be honest they are quite content just laying there. I think Tainas kids look chilled whilst laying on the blanket, believe me if a toddler wasn't happy and wanted to move, they would move.

I don't think she treats the 4 year old like a baby?? It may be easier to give her drinks in a bottle rather than a cup, especially when she has another 3 baby to look after. Doesn't mean that she only EVER drinks out of a bottle. It also varies for potty training babies, my baby sisters both were a lot quicker at picking it up than the boys. She may be trying to potty train, but doesn't talk about it or show it?

I have no comments about what the dad has apparently said or done, I don't have the energy to look through all of that. Could be completely innocent, could not be.

I genuinely think that people are just trying to find something 'wrong' with this family. They look completely normal and healthy to me, they all look like they get along and the older ones take good care of the younger ones. They all seem really intelligent and active. They have everything they could possibly need and more. Where they live looks amazing, regardless if they own the house or not, who cares?

I get that when you see someone with a lot of kids, people automatically think it's a religious thing, a cult or something to do with getting easy money from the government. Believe me, I've heard it all haha.

My parents have been together for the past 28 years, and have 11 kids together. Dad owns a commercial construction company and Mom is a freelance events planner. So they work really hard to support us and all of us kids have always been cared for and looked after.

It sounds like your parents are hard working and committed to their family. It is certainly none of anyone's business how many children your parent's had, indeed, they have my respect for being together for that period of time and apparently thriving. But in all honesty I can say I never tried to find something wrong with this family. Warnings or a sense that something was wrong kept going off in my head time and time again. For one thing I couldn't figure out how their videos even showed up on my youtube. I usually watch dance videos and the like! Another thing it was the sheer number of videos that kept popping up also. I stand by my feeling that if somone posts that many videos of almost every aspect of their life they have to be able to handle questions, hard ones even and judgements. If they don't like them they can certainly not post them. It was never the size of the family that bothered me. It was where did all the money come from to subsidize their lifestyle? Did you ever see any of them go off to work? I didn't. And yet the mother has said that for years she takes a large portion of them to a conservatory for music lessons. One room is full of musical instruments. That takes a lot of money to sustain. Another thing that really bothered me was the oldest son - 20 and his girlfriend - 18 getting married and with no apparent income coming in that I could see or means of support, not doing a whole lot of anything all day. Yes apparently he is going to school but what does his 18 year old wife do all day? I'll bet you were working by that age or doing something constructive. As I've said I was working by that age. If Jenna does not have to work what does she do all day? I've always believed in giving back to the community where I live or giving back period. It makes for a balance I think. I've never heard or seen of one single member of that family and extended family helping others out, volunteering etc. I'll say it again - it just seems like all take and no give. I googled them after watching one of their videos. I didn't find anything about them. What I found was a woman in the 60's with their last name who ran one of the cruelest cults in modern day history. I think anyone would wonder about the connection. I DO wonder about the father. I've never seen him smile ever. He seems so disconnected to his family. The thing I really HATE is the way he manhandles those little children. When one of them needs to be picked up he doesn't lean down and scoop them up, he grabs them by their little hands and swings them up to where he wants them to go. Sometimes he isn't even looking at what he does. Children have little hands and little arms and he could easily hurt them. He swings them around like sacks of potatoes. I understand he buys into and promotes the "doomsday theory"? THAT is alarming to me also. There is a list a mile long of things that alarm me and yes anger me. From what you say your parents work very hard and take total responsibility for their children and you have, as their daughter, benefited from their hard work over the years. I see this family with no visible means of support leading a lifestyle that only someone with a lot of money could pull off. I see these parents using their children as a means of supporting their lifestyle and if that were not bad enough encouraging their children to also use youtube to keep the money coming in if that is the case. I see the oldest son and wife now doing exactly the same thing. I won't write anything more about them. I've said my piece. But I stand by what I've said that I never intended to try and find out what I thought was wrong with this family. It just kept hitting me in the face constantly.

Reactions: 4

watch from 23:15, there is that sign someone mentioned here

I am intrigued by this family. I don't watch all the videos but I watched the food shopping one where the mum was saying they never buy cereal and spaghetti is only for treat. What???
The kids seemed fine with it though šŸ¤”
Even the juice and stuff aimed at kids, they just weren't interested, its so strange. Its like they've been brainwashed. So I watched another video of where her eldest got married and now lives somewhere with his new wife and I thought, bet he's having the time of his life eating spaghetti whenever he wants.

I watched a video of his and was hoping to see a pizza box or two but no. šŸ˜”

He is not vegan anymore, he say it in this video bcs he's buying burgers... ;-)

Last edited:

watch from 23:15, there is that sign someone mentioned here

He is not vegan anymore, he say it in this video bcs he's buying burgers... ;-)
so confused by this, it doesn't look like he took thr burgers or cheese from a fridge?

This family popped up in my recommended feed so I gave them a go. I didn't really care for the mother or their videos. Their content isn't really that interesting. She also seems a bit too vein for my liking. Their children are all lovely though.

Reactions: 2
I watched these guys when Omega was born, turns out daddy is a Prophet and does seminars with his mother, they are also gifted money from their congregation and the house was also offered to them by a member of their religion to rent, trouble I have with this family is girls are trained to cook stay home whilst the boys run the family and going by the father don't have to work ????? The more I watched the more cringe it got so I stopped. Blaggers that's all these are!!!!

Reactions: 3
I can't stop watching them. I love them and hate them. Find them fascinating and weird and lovely and horrid.
They are so confusing.
I find Cleopatra odd and get this kind of weird flowers in the attic feeling about her and Jerusalem.

Reactions: 3
OK,I had to comment,I went to school for Marketing,and they are definitely trying for a TV show (reality) mostly everything is scripted not organic at all...did anybody see Taina's new morning routine blog????

Youtube is better and more profitable than begging with music.
Videos often end after 10 or 12 minutes. With 6 commercials. They tell a lot, but actually nothing. Many cuts. It is already a scripted "reality" show.
And yes, i saw the new morning routine. I wonder if they're wearing underwear or why the little ones always have a bottle hanging in their mouth. But the Breakfast looks very healthy <3

I can't stop watching them. I love them and hate them. Find them fascinating and weird and lovely and horrid.
They are so confusing.
I find Cleopatra odd and get this kind of weird flowers in the attic feeling about her and Jerusalem.
I also get a weird vibe from Cleopatra and Jerusalem I've never wanted to point it out because I wasn't very close with my siblings and wasn't sure if their behavior was normal for some families. In one video Taina says something about a girl trying to talk to Jerusalem while they were on vacation and right after Cleopatra basically wraps herself around Jerusalem. There's also another video where Taina tells Cleopatra she has a nice bum and Jerusalem literally walks past her right after and looks at her butt. Also sometimes when the family is outside you will see Jerusalem and Cleopatra off to the side somewhere together. I've always felt as if she wraps herself around him too much.

I have a very serious concern about this family and I hope someone else reads this.

When he appeared in court yesterday Brenton Tarrant ( of the NZ mosque killings) gave the sign of the white supremacist movement; it's a circled thumb and forefinger with the other three fingers splayed outwards.

I've seen it before and I've seen it in Taina's vlogs.

Cleopatra does it in the vlog where they are making seitan.

Two of the boys have also done it but I'm still trying to find which vlogs and which boys as I didn't know their names when I first watched them so I'm not absolutely sure who it was.

So that's 3 times that I've been aware of it, there may be more instances.

It does fit with what we know of them, almost like the missing part of the jigsaw; the mother trying to make her children seem super-human, the ubermensch, healthy in mind and body, the 'pure' life etc its all part of that ideology.

I hesitated to write this as I'm sure they read forums and will probably now hide it if I'm right. This is serious stuff.
I understand that the sign is something very serious in other countries, but it's actually a "game" that American children play and as far as I know has no roots in white supremacy here. They aren't American but I think the kids may have picked it up from YouTube because it seems as if they do all watch Pewdiepie and other YouTubers who talk about things like this. Basically, you make the ok symbol with your hand and its sort of bad luck for others to look down at your hand and the person you do it to tries to get you back by doing it to you. I understand the implications if they are white supremacists but honestly, I wouldn't worry about it I think the kids just aren't aware of what it actually means. If you want to know more you can look up "circle game" and you'll see more. I think you were describing Jerusalem and Romeo (and even Leonardo in one video) and to me, it was very obvious that they were just playing the "circle game".

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.