Taina Licciardo-Toivola - Ten children all dressed in white and an invisible husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something was said about wanting to go back to go Australia? Fact or fiction?
Throughout the summer they lived in a motorhome while travelling entire Europe, after selling their Perfect home, now they live in Finland. But in a recent video she said they are very very soon are moving to australia

Reactions: 1
Throughout the summer they lived in a motorhome while travelling entire Europe, after selling their Perfect home, now they live in Finland. But in a recent video she said they are very very soon are moving to australia
We don't need them here.☹

I was sent the name of this family to watch on Youtube by an online acquaintence, in order to get my view of them.
Here is how I feel about what I've seen. Yes, very odd having an entire family dressed the same style. Strange that they can afford to travel constantly, own a huge house and never needed a nanny to help with the children. Not understanding the blanket-training stuff at all. Weird to shave a baby's head and not give a reason for it. I noticed, most disturbingly though, this family seems to talk a lot about wanting to eat each other or tells stories of creatures or other humans that will eat children dressed in colored clothes. They (including and especially the mother) love to scare each other and Taina even ENCOURAGES them to do this to even the smallest children. Further, Taina seems to exploit the children on camera as they show signs of fear or upset, making it almost like a little game she plays with them. The one instance involved her tiny daughter on a carnival ride screaming while Taina made light of it and teased that she would scream on the roller coaster. It reminded me a lot of Shannan Watts' treatment of her 2 daughters before they were killed by her husband (the mother, Shannan was also killed). Shannan practiced another type of baby raising I disagreed with as well.
As far as being Christian people or even godly ones, I watched Paul's Facebook video and it was far from anything pure or holy...bunch of devil horns, loud music and voices and himself doing the lizard tongue popular with demonic rock groups.
I do watch their Youtube video with a mixture of envy and concern and I only pray that those children are not in any danger in that family!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I've just discovered these. I was searching for other large families to follow who aren't American, and came across them.

I don't know what to make of them! I can't decide if they are just unique or if there is something a little off about them.

The tour of their big house I found really odd. They had hardly any possessions, and she said they don't really watch much TV or screen time etc, yet they all seem to have Mac Book Pro's, phones, TVs and the projector screen etc.

Their new house is very odd! The weird fold away bunk bed thing doesn't really look very suitable for children to sleep in! And the ones who sleep upstairs, they have no privacy at all as it's not even a room with walls etc.

She said something about next time they build a house, so did they have it built for them?

The older sons Facebook says he was born in Australia, so why did they move from there to Finland?

As a mum of a large family, I've joked with my husband before about getting rid of everyone's clothes and just buying loads of the same thing in different sizes, but seems a very extreme thing to actually do?

Reactions: 5
So I saw this family when they started popping up in everyone's recommended and have recently come across them again. I work in education in the UK and have always found it odd that she home schooled all the children, and yet they can also do all these other amazing things. When I looked into it I realised that up until Shakespeare they all went to school. I think home schooling just fits with her narrative of the perfect, secluded, almost untouchable family.

Something that has come up on this thread is Nerfretiti and how babied she is. You can tell by her teeth that she definitely slept with a bottle for the first few years of her life, but hopefully Taina learned from her mistakes and won't repeat this with the younger three. Taina seems to push this narrative that her youngest 4 children are way smarter than other children there age but there's no proof of this. She recently posted a video of King James learning phonics, which is something 3-4 year olds do here at that level. It's nothing special or revolutionary. I also noticed that apart from the oldest few, you rarely see them play all these instruments she claims they are degree level at.

It's concerning to me that they have such a lack of individuality. It's like the youngest are being forced to fit her 'ideal child' narrative. She has them dressing in the same clothes and playing with what seems to be a limited amount of toys. Children that are home schooled like this are really missing out on a childhood. Of course if it's done right, with plenty of resources (remembering that children up to 5 learn through play) and outings with other children outside the family home, it can beneficial. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like she is doing this at all.

The way the dad has previously been on social media, with his very radical religious views just doesn't sit right either. There's no way he's given that up to be with Taina, I believe she was either married into it and forced to join, or was already involved and 'chosen' for him. This would make sense with Leonardo's wife as well, as they met at church.

Whatever is or isn't true, something's very off with this family and I hope the children manage to find themselves and learn who they are despite their mothers narcissism and controlling behaviour.

Reactions: 6
They seem to have disappeared from social media? I wonder what they’re up to?

Hey everyone I am a long time lurker and a first time commenter on this thread.
I stopped watching this family a while back as they started to feel tedious to watch, and grew to become fed up of all their lies, and just the whole families lifestyle in general. They were very much intriguing at the start, and then the novelty of them began to wear off, and I just found them, or Taina rather, outrageously irritating. I was a long time commenter on the YTMD threads on this family, but they have seemingly died down and have become inactive. So I have decided to leave my thoughts on them here.

Recently, I have been keeping up to date with Taina's instagram announcements and today her most recent video, as I was expecting an update about their move to Australia.
However, it appears not, their newest video was an announcement that are apparently going to be living in a tent, (for god knows how long - as the trip around Europe wasn't supposed to be as long as it went on for) with no access to a toilet, proper cooking or wash facilities etc, so that they can "see more of Finland".

Hopefully it is not just me that is massive concerned at this news. I have tried to rationalise this decision they have made, and to be honest, I just cannot understand their reasoning behind it. Flights and a move to Australia are obviously delayed etc due to the pandemic, and that is totally understandable. But why have they chosen to live in a tent with 9 children, 4 of which are extremely young, for god knows how long in the middle of A PANDEMIC. There just seems to be no rationale behind it. Also why would they opt to live somewhere with no proper cooking, wash or toilet facilities or , when there are so many of them, especially so many young children, who need to be washed and cleaned so often. I just don't understand it, I really do not.

I suspect the real reasons behind this is not that they "wish to see more of finland", (especially as they went to lapland very recently, and have lived there for her 10 year). but that due to unforeseen circumstances, (ie, the Covid 19 Pandemic) their move has been delayed, and their short term lease on the property they are staying at has come to an end, rendering them with no place to live. Which if I am being honest, is what I suspect happened last year with the larger house, when they decided to drag their children around Europe.

I cannot understand why they haven't chosen to start another short term lease, in finland, given the uncertainty surrounding travel and moving to another country at the moment. 11 people living in a tent until they move to Australia (if they ever actually do go) doesn't seem like a rational decision. Unless the real reason they haven't started another short term lease, is that they cannot afford it. But surely, travelling is quite expensive too? I am not aware of the effects of the pandemic in Finland currently, but I am currently living in the uk, and I am still taking the social distancing and lockdown measures extremely seriously despite the governments relaxation of guidelines (due to being pregnant), and I personally would not be risking traveling round a country and living in a tent in the middle of a pandemic, especially one that lacked any proper wash facilities, due to the risks of contracting the virus!!!

What are your thoughts??

Also, I haven't watched them in such a long time, I was shocked to see that Taina is STILL breastfeeding Omega, who is 3 years old in November! I try not to pass too much judgement on extended breastfeeding, as I myself breastfed my daughter until she was 18 months, but omega is getting older, and part of me feels like it is Taina's inability to let go of the baby stage. As last year it came out that she was breastfeeding Nefertiti, who is also extremely babied, and appears to be one of Taina's favourites. He is not a baby anymore, he is a toddler. I was shocked to see that he is almost, if not bigger in size, to his older sister Aphrodite. She is so little compared to the rest, she looks like his younger sister. Very concerning.

Reactions: 5
I started following this channel roughly a year ago now and I used to love seeing how calm and polite the kids are instead of them running around crazy, screaming like other young children do but I haven’t watched their videos in ages.

the last video I watched was the one where the kids tried different chocolate, the younger children didn’t like the chocolate and the video gave of this vibe where they are so healthy they can’t even enjoy a treat every now and then. It’s good they like healthy food but why can’t they try foods you wouldn’t normally eat? It’s a one off every now and then.

even the children don’t like wearing coloured clothes it’s almost as if they’ve been brainwashed.

I do think taina is a good mum and has very respectful children but I feel like they might all be secretly depressed. There’s high expectations for the children like when Cleo had to get up early with her mum to study or read the bible or whatever she was doing. I feel like they should be allowed to be more free, let them be kids and have fun 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I stopped watching this family a while back as they started to feel tedious to watch, and grew to become fed up of all their lies, and just the whole families lifestyle in general. They were very much intriguing at the start, and then the novelty of them began to wear off, and I just found them, or Taina rather, outrageously irritating. I was a long time commenter on the YTMD threads on this family, but they have seemingly died down and have become inactive. So I have decided to leave my thoughts on them here.

Recently, I have been keeping up to date with Taina's instagram announcements and today her most recent video, as I was expecting an update about their move to Australia.
However, it appears not, their newest video was an announcement that are apparently going to be living in a tent, (for god knows how long - as the trip around Europe wasn't supposed to be as long as it went on for) with no access to a toilet, proper cooking or wash facilities etc, so that they can "see more of Finland".

Hopefully it is not just me that is massive concerned at this news. I have tried to rationalise this decision they have made, and to be honest, I just cannot understand their reasoning behind it. Flights and a move to Australia are obviously delayed etc due to the pandemic, and that is totally understandable. But why have they chosen to live in a tent with 9 children, 4 of which are extremely young, for god knows how long in the middle of A PANDEMIC. There just seems to be no rationale behind it. Also why would they opt to live somewhere with no proper cooking, wash or toilet facilities or , when there are so many of them, especially so many young children, who need to be washed and cleaned so often. I just don't understand it, I really do not.

I suspect the real reasons behind this is not that they "wish to see more of finland", (especially as they went to lapland very recently, and have lived there for her 10 year). but that due to unforeseen circumstances, (ie, the Covid 19 Pandemic) their move has been delayed, and their short term lease on the property they are staying at has come to an end, rendering them with no place to live. Which if I am being honest, is what I suspect happened last year with the larger house, when they decided to drag their children around Europe.

I cannot understand why they haven't chosen to start another short term lease, in finland, given the uncertainty surrounding travel and moving to another country at the moment. 11 people living in a tent until they move to Australia (if they ever actually do go) doesn't seem like a rational decision. Unless the real reason they haven't started another short term lease, is that they cannot afford it. But surely, travelling is quite expensive too? I am not aware of the effects of the pandemic in Finland currently, but I am currently living in the uk, and I am still taking the social distancing and lockdown measures extremely seriously despite the governments relaxation of guidelines (due to being pregnant), and I personally would not be risking traveling round a country and living in a tent in the middle of a pandemic, especially one that lacked any proper wash facilities, due to the risks of contracting the virus!!!

What are your thoughts??

Also, I haven't watched them in such a long time, I was shocked to see that Taina is STILL breastfeeding Omega, who is 3 years old in November! I try not to pass too much judgement on extended breastfeeding, as I myself breastfed my daughter until she was 18 months, but omega is getting older, and part of me feels like it is Taina's inability to let go of the baby stage. As last year it came out that she was breastfeeding Nefertiti, who is also extremely babied, and appears to be one of Taina's favourites. He is not a baby anymore, he is a toddler. I was shocked to see that he is almost, if not bigger in size, to his older sister Aphrodite. She is so little compared to the rest, she looks like his younger sister. Very concerning.
i really think they can't afford it, neither ofthe parents work and even with a generous benefit system that amount of children and their vegan diet is so expensive

Reactions: 3

What are your thoughts??

The situation with covid is a lot better in Finland than UK.

Living in a tent in Finland might be fine during the summer but good luck when autumn and winter come.

Reactions: 2

Living in a tent in Finland might be fine during the summer but good luck when autumn and winter come.
God imagine winter, doesn’t it get to like -20?

I'm glad to hear the Covid situation is better over there, that is less of a worry for me now.

But I still think living in a tent is a strange idea for them. Even in summer in the UK our weather isn't great, I can't imagine it being much better in Finland either. I hope that they aren't going to prolong living in the tent the way they did last year with the motorhome, I would be very concerned if they were still living in the tent when the temperatures being to drop in Finland.
They said in the video that they had already dealt with one "flood"/ leak from a storm in the tent, even though I enjoy camping with my child, I couldn't imagine being forced to live in a tent full time, with no wash facilities. It would be hell on earth!! They are truly a strange bunch for sure.

Also regarding their diet, though they seemingly eat healthy, last year on their trip they appeared to be living of crisps, coca-cola and other types of junk food, I am not trying to shame them for feeding their children treats, because I am not one to judge, as a parent I will often give my child treats and snacks, but their diet really isn't or wasn't at that point as healthy as they made out. They all appeared to be skipping meals and filling up on junk foods such as crisps, it made me question whether they had enough money to eat and cook proper meals, or whether it was just really hard for them to feed their children properly in the motorhome, because after travelling with one child, and going camping I fully understand the struggles of meal prepping on the go, god knows how they are going to cope feeding all 11 of them in a tent. They are going to have a challenge ahead of them for sure, I will be intrigued to see their future content.

I do think that the children are all lovely, though a few of the younger ones do have some possible developmental issues, but i agree with the view that a lot of their children are very unhappy with their lives, and I get the feeling even Paul is, but they just go along with Taina's crazy schemes.

I have to say, I was at first a little envious of how well behaved her children were, and how well she coped with 10 children, but now after watching them for a while I feel like a lot of the reasons behind their obedience is that they have no freedom, and or individuality. The older children have little to no freedom or privacy, especially after being forced to live in a motorhome and now a tent with 11 other people, and basically providing most of the parenting for the younger children. It is certainly not normal for the older teenagers. When I was Cleopatra's age I was at university, living away from home, doing my own thing. I would have hated the idea of living in a small space with my mum and sisters. My youngest sibling was about Omega's age at that time, and I was never forced to provide the amount of care that Taina expects of her older children for her younger children. It is very much a shame for the children, I am sure Taina and Paul love and think they are providing the best for their children in the best way they can, but it definitely isn't normal family behaviour.

Hi I've been reading here awhile,but I think parents like these purposely under prepare the children for the real world so they will never want to leave,because they wouldn't know the first thing about being on their own,paying bills, not knowing where to settle down in fear of the family being to far away.
In todays video the oldest son scolded the mom about giving the little kids her vegan meatballs bcuz she needed to eat,and the Littles about eating mommy's food ,when they can have another burger,The kids see she's getting out of hand about the being skinny thing,also did she travel to India to get cheap work done on her face ?? She had the eyebrows lasered off and some sort of peel done,I seen 1 pic of her along time ago being thick in a healthy way wearing a floral dress,I think 1 kid was on a got talent type show.when I seen her looking like a mom,she irratates me how she's looking all pouty lipped and low voice staring at herself in the camera.
I think all the kids except the oldest ones look unhealthy..I think eventually they will marry cleopatra off.. but who knows

Also I hope this page picks up again now that they are posting I enjoy reading everyone's opinions

I randomly came upon them just recently. I get that there's some bizarre family vloggers out there but I'm not sure what to make of them. I find Tania to be quite creepy and odd and all the kids seem like brainwashed robots. In one video about a week ago she was saying how if they don't wear their floaties in the water sharks, crocodiles, piranhas and big snakes will eat them! How is that a useful way to teach young children water safety!!??? It sounds like she was just trying to frighten them into obedience. I feel especially bad for the older kids, they're basically live-in nannies that get absolutely no privacy. She makes it seem like they make the way they live work but it doesn't look very good at providing stability, which is definitely something kids need. The oldest son married young and no longer lives with them, I think he seems happy to be away and lives a semi normal life from what I've seen. What religion do they practice? They definitely seem like a cult to me and their names are all terrible. What if one of them wants to leave eventually and get a job in the real world?

I randomly came upon them just recently. I get that there's some bizarre family vloggers out there but I'm not sure what to make of them. I find Tania to be quite creepy and odd and all the kids seem like brainwashed robots. In one video about a week ago she was saying how if they don't wear their floaties in the water sharks, crocodiles, piranhas and big snakes will eat them! How is that a useful way to teach young children water safety!!??? It sounds like she was just trying to frighten them into obedience. I feel especially bad for the older kids, they're basically live-in nannies that get absolutely no privacy. She makes it seem like they make the way they live work but it doesn't look very good at providing stability, which is definitely something kids need. The oldest son married young and no longer lives with them, I think he seems happy to be away and lives a semi normal life from what I've seen. What religion do they practice? They definitely seem like a cult to me and their names are all terrible. What if one of them wants to leave eventually and get a job in the real world?
the religion is defsome weird doomsday ish cult. there were videos of the dad online (before they were taken down) proving this. i think the dad's mum is a leader in whatever church it is?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.