SydandEll #8 Syd’s channel put the friendship to bed, sorry you still get a joint thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she gonna give us credit for writing that for her orrrrrr

ETA - notice she only mentions 2011, not 2012,2013,2014… etc 🤷🏽‍♀️
Because she knows the later ages are less likely to be “forgiven” as people assume u know better by then

Reactions: 14
I would have said ah at least they’ve acknowledged it 2 days ago .. but the blocking people. Denying it & then coming back to apologise speaks volumes. Also saying they were younger then they were is embarrassing. Trying to make it seem ‘better’ then it is

Do we know if ell was involved in any of this?
There’s no evidence she was. Not saying she wasn’t but there’s nothing to say she was. If she was then she was smart enough to delete old tweets x

Reactions: 15
I’ve not been on this thread for a long time. But I just saw the video and the half arsed apology from both of them… I actually cannot believe the amount of people on this thread defending them… what pick me kinda people you are. Syd is not gonna lick your arse so calm the duck down..
I know for a fact people defending her have made the same comments as her and never experienced any kind of profiling… Being a bigger girl myself and being with a man of colour. These tweets really upset me, my husband is racially profiled everyday near enough and I’m due to give birth soon. Knowing my child will be of colour also upsets me that he will experience this too. What world do we live in when people are still justifying influencers racist and fat-phobic tweets?!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I just can’t get over how people ever think an Instagram story suffices as an apology when you’ve said the things you have! We aren’t talking about her calling people fat, or ugly or bullying we are talking about genuinely racist comments targeting a group of minorities which one of those people she’s offended is her boyfriend and her future children. What’s this world come too when you can’t even get on camera and apologise sincerely and hide behind an Instagram story, you’re not sorry because you wrote them, you’re sorry you got caught.

Reactions: 18
Just saw their apologies and ran STRAIGHT here. Why are they trying to say they were like 13/14… some of those tweets were written in 2013/2014 which would have made Syd 16/17 am I wrong?

Reactions: 27
Tbh I think those stories were a bad move from them. Not many people knew about it and now they’ve just told their entire followings, which is just gonna direct people straight to tattle to see the evidence lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I’ve not been on this thread for a long time. But I just saw the video and the half arsed apology from both of them… I actually cannot believe the amount of people on this thread defending them… what pick me kinda people you are. Syd is not gonna lick your arse so calm the duck down..
I know for a fact people defending her have made the same comments as her and never experienced any kind of profiling… Being a bigger girl myself and being with a man of colour. These tweets really upset me, my husband is racially profiled everyday near enough and I’m due to give birth soon. Knowing my child will be of colour also upsets me that he will experience this too. What world do we live in when people are still justifying influencers racist and fat-phobic tweets?!
Sending so much love your way, and prayers for a safe delivery! This is why it’s so important to defend people who are profiled in society, together we will make changes for a better future for our child 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't be the only one noticing how hard they are trying to put the biggest accent on how young they were. Seriously, they couldn't be emphasizing it more. 10 years ago/when I was 13-15/when I was young.... not even mentioning what they said, just how looooooooooooooooong ago it was. Also mentioning 2011 like there weren't more recent tweets. I don't want to get into my own opinion on the possibility of growth or how relevant their age is or anything mentioned, as I am 1.not in any group they were offensive to and 2. from a completely different culture and language so I am not familiar w/ all the slurs they used, but I can definitely see the deflection!!!!! And that part I do have an opinion on, bc it shows how they only care about getting away with it

Reactions: 19
oh duck off i can see right through her. she is the same person she was back then. funny how shes suddenly reacted now brands are realising what she’s said! she doesn’t give a single duck about all the people she’s upset.

Reactions: 34
Thing is, no matter who you are the tweets that were on there were vile. Same thing has happened with a lot of celebrities/YouTubers etc where it’s come back to bite them on the ass, whereas the majority of people would just never put them things out there.. it makes me so confused why they ever thought tweeting them things was a good idea? Like yeah alright it was a few years ago but surely they knew the meaning of the words then, the same way they do now. I wonder if Syd’s boyfriend will be apologising with the same copy and pasted paragraph 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Thing is, no matter who you are the tweets that were on there were vile. Same thing has happened with a lot of celebrities/YouTubers etc where it’s come back to bite them on the ass, whereas the majority of people would just never put them things out there.. it makes me so confused why they ever thought tweeting them things was a good idea? Like yeah alright it was a few years ago but surely they knew the meaning of the words then, the same way they do now. I wonder if Syd’s boyfriend will be apologising with the same copy and pasted paragraph 🤷🏻‍♀️
they are absolutely disgusting tweets. hands down some of the worst i’ve seen from ‘influencers’.

Reactions: 12
Lol this apology just seems so forced and insincere and it’s the fact she waited so long to address it. Somebody who is mortified or genuinely sorry would be apologising straight away. just feels void tbh
It’s definitely forced, she needs to keep them brand deals coming in 💸

Reactions: 9
Clearly a copy and paste job
the thing is as well, people who are just seeing this story and not getting to see the actual tweets will just see it and be like idc it was 10 years ago? because she’s downplaying it but if people actually saw what she said they’d be horrified.

Reactions: 18
So if we take their apologies very literal, they are only sorry for the things said in 2011, not the later tweets. Good one girls 👍🏻

Reactions: 24
I just can’t get over how people ever think an Instagram story suffices as an apology when you’ve said the things you have! We aren’t talking about her calling people fat, or ugly or bullying we are talking about genuinely racist comments targeting a group of minorities which one of those people she’s offended is her boyfriend and her future children. What’s this world come too when you can’t even get on camera and apologise sincerely and hide behind an Instagram story, you’re not sorry because you wrote them, you’re sorry you got caught.
If anything a video would seem more sincere as it’s much more of a serious type of language

Reactions: 8
What’s been said I’ve missed it and too lazy to scroll back😂
Old tweets of syd and mollys resurfaced but I couldn’t possibly re type them so you’d have to scroll back to see the receipts. After initially denying it and claiming ‘don’t believe everything you read online’ they’ve now somewhat half arsed apologised

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.