Sydandell #4 Friends no more, now Molly galore, Syd dropped Ell cos she’s a bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So i can confirm they’ve fallen out. I have mutual friends with them (have mentioned before and i live nearby) there was an altercation between ell, syd and ell’s boyfriend. ells bf doesn’t like syd, things were said, ell didn’t stick up for syd and they ‘fell out’ because of it. There’s probably more to it but that’s all i know for now
If this is true, I do find it sus how ell didn’t stick up for syd. Sure, we don’t like her but ell has been best friends with her since they were little. She hasn’t been with her current boyfriend for long and seemed to have chose him over her? I wonder what the full story is, it’s been almost two months and they haven’t made up

Reactions: 12
If this is true, I do find it sus how ell didn’t stick up for syd. Sure, we don’t like her but ell has been best friends with her since they were little. She hasn’t been with her current boyfriend for long and seemed to have chose him over her? I wonder what the full story is, it’s been almost two months and they haven’t made up
Purely speculating here. But perhaps Ell didnt stick up for either of them and thats also why they have fallen out because syd expected ell to take her side but she didnt take anyones side

Reactions: 15
Purely speculating here. But perhaps Ell didnt stick up for either of them and thats also why they have fallen out because syd expected ell to take her side but she didnt take anyones side
definitely think this is how it was. ell was just very quiet about the situation, she didn’t vocally stick up for syd but also didn’t necessarily stick up for her bf either. she probably didn’t want to cause drama which is understandable but we know what syd is like and she probably wanted ell to use her voice and massively stand by her. i don’t know the ins and outs but syd is seemingly annoyed/upset with ell but i don’t think ell is in the wrong. i suppose neither of them are tbh it’s just a very difficult and awkward situation.

Reactions: 28
Syd is probably just bitter that a guy doesn’t like her as she’s used to being the one who always has a boyfriend and thinks Guys fawn over her

Reactions: 21
Syd is probably just bitter that a guy doesn’t like her as she’s used to being the one who always has a boyfriend and thinks Guys fawn over her
I agree I can’t literally imagine her telling him she’s number one or something. She reminds me of my mums old mate called Angie who use to sit outside all day covered in chip oil.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So i can confirm they’ve fallen out. I have mutual friends with them (have mentioned before and i live nearby) there was an altercation between ell, syd and ell’s boyfriend. ells bf doesn’t like syd, things were said, ell didn’t stick up for syd and they ‘fell out’ because of it. There’s probably more to it but that’s all i know for now
This makes me wonder if the people up thread were bang on when they speculated that it was related to the boyfriend not liking Syd and him potentially highlighting to Ell that the way Syd treats her isn’t how a normal best friend should behave towards their friend, with her catty comments and posting photos that she knows she’d be uncomfortable with. Interesting.

From personal experience boys can usually see straight through a bitchy friend's bullshit and that's probably what happened here. Maybe Ell has finally seen how badly she's treated by sid and just kept quiet to avoid drama but was also seeing the light lol

Reactions: 52
Ngl if my best friend is rude to my bf or rude to anyone then they’re in the wrong. If Syd was in the wrong Idc if she’s my best friend there’s still boundaries. Idk what Syd said to the bf or vice versa but Syd seems like she says what she wants and expects people to back her. Not coming for you either cause don’t know the full story. But for Ell not to back Syd after all these years must’ve been a big move for Ell

You never know though boys can be controlling as well.
I’d hope if Syd suspected this to be the case then she would be behaving differently to how we’ve seen her behave so far during this time.

Reactions: 11
Portugal might be added to the Amber list I just read 🤣 she definitely won’t stick to 10 days isolation whenever she does return

• Haha
Reactions: 24
100% boys can be controlling too but a witch is a witch sometimes you're just blind to it

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think a boy causing two girls who have been friends for 20 years to fall out so badly is such a red flag though? My boyfriend doesn’t like all of my friends, but he would never say or do anything to stir the pot like that? I totally agree that Syd isn’t the most likeable person and she definitely is not one of my favourite ‘influencers’ but I think anyone would be hurt in that situation!

Reactions: 20
I do think it would be hard for Ell to just cut Syd off as well cause their lives are so intertwined and they’ve been friends for a long time.

one of my best friends has a childhood friend who honestly treats her like tit and she continues to put up with it cause she doesn’t have many other friends & they’ve been friends for the last 15 years or something.

I think a boy causing two girls who have been friends for 20 years to fall out so badly is such a red flag though? My boyfriend doesn’t like all of my friends, but he would never say or do anything to stir the pot like that? I totally agree that Syd isn’t the most likeable person and she definitely is not one of my favourite ‘influencers’ but I think anyone would be hurt in that situation!
I’d say it kind of depends on the situation. My bf also doesn’t like all my friends and would never say anything straight out UNLESS they’d say something rude/nasty/witch about me or him, then he wouldn’t keep quiet anymore. As we don’t know what happened we don’t know if Syd was the one starting to say something and he couldn’t be quiet, but if he just said something out of the blue then it’s defo a red flag.

Reactions: 5
Tbh ells bf owes nothing to Syd. I think anyone is free to call out either of their tit behaviour. At the end of the day it’s his gf even if it was Ell defending her bf against one of his friends guess they love eachother. My bf would never tell me to drop a friend he’d just slowly tell me his input and opinion but also at the end of the day he can say and tell Ell whatever he wants it’s down to Ell what she does no guy should have that much control over her it’s a bit weird if he solely was the cause

Tbh ells bf owes nothing to Syd. I think anyone is free to call out either of their tit behaviour. At the end of the day it’s his gf even if it was Ell defending her bf against one of his friends guess they love eachother. My bf would never tell me to drop a friend he’d just slowly tell me his input and opinion but also at the end of the day he can say and tell Ell whatever he wants it’s down to Ell what she does no guy should have that much control over her it’s a bit weird if he solely was the cause
Yeah I agree that he doesn’t necessarily owe Syd anything. I am just struggling to see why Ell would still be liking all of Syd and Molly’s pictures etc if she had had some sort of awakening to Syd being a terrible friend? I was also thinking surely if Syd was treating Ell badly, her family would have said something sooner? Ell’s sisters and parents always seemed to get on with really well with Syd and have known her for a long time? Such a weird situation!

Reactions: 7
From personal experience boys can usually see straight through a bitchy friend's bullshit and that's probably what happened here. Maybe Ell has finally seen how badly she's treated by sid and just kept quiet to avoid drama but was also seeing the light lol
1000% I think this is what’s happened. Boyfriends see straight though bitchy friends. He probably saw Syd’s true colours, made Ell aware of it and now she just doesn’t want to be friends with Syd anymore

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.