Syd and Ell #16 Why would we want to watch? Really pulling content out from the air now yikes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why has she changed her tune on how the first few months were? She’s posted a tik tok montage of crying and said in comments to someone it gets better from 6 months.

I swear only a couple of weeks ago she was verging on bragging about how she didn’t have any baby blues and enjoyed the newborn stage?

Reactions: 25
Of course sea water is ‘potty training’ the girl couldn’t walk until about 4 weeks ago 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If I was watching a rated 18 ‘ psychological thriller’ and drug abuse triggers me that much I would check before watching. And sure it had a TW at the start of the show

Reactions: 12
If I was watching a rated 18 ‘ psychological thriller’ and drug abuse triggers me that much I would check before watching. And sure it had a TW at the start of the show
Ugh, agreed.
Quelle surprise...Syd takes to social media to make something ALL ABOUT HERSELF once again.
Who does she think she is giving out stink, preaching about how this guys story shouldn’t have been put on netflix?!

She literally made an entire docuseries about her mothers overdose that happened 20 years ago and we all know that if it had been picked up by the likes of Netflix she would NOT be turning that opportunity down.

Trigger warnings WERE put in Baby Reindeer but also it is not the responsibility of the world to make sure someone isn’t triggered. We are each responsible for protecting ourselves when it comes to PTSD triggers. Media as a whole would collapse if it were forbidden to portray reality.

Reactions: 31
Ugh, agreed.
Quelle surprise...Syd takes to social media to make something ALL ABOUT HERSELF once again.
Who does she think she is giving out stink, preaching about how this guys story shouldn’t have been put on netflix?!

She literally made an entire docuseries about her mothers overdose that happened 20 years ago and we all know that if it had been picked up by the likes of Netflix she would NOT be turning that opportunity down.

Trigger warnings WERE put in Baby Reindeer but also it is not the responsibility of the world to make sure someone isn’t triggered. We are each responsible for protecting ourselves when it comes to PTSD triggers. Media as a whole would collapse if it were forbidden to portray reality.
There is a lot of drug use in almost every adult film/ series these days. Find it strange this particular series triggered her when drug use is everywhere in film and tv! It also sounds like she carried on watching it, would you not just turn it off. Her Saying it shouldn’t be on Netflix is INSANE, this is someone’s story and a really great show.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There is a lot of drug use in almost every adult film/ series these days. Find it strange this particular series triggered her when drug use is everywhere in film and tv! It also sounds like she carried on watching it, would you not just turn it off. Her Saying it shouldn’t be on Netflix is INSANE, this is someone’s story and a really great show.
Have I missed where she said it shouldn’t be on Netflix? On her story I saw she said she wouldn’t have watched it.

Have I missed where she said it shouldn’t be on Netflix? On her story I saw she said she wouldn’t have watched it.
She said in her latest tik tok (last 10ish seconds) that she doesn't believe it should've been on netflix or that it should've had a bigger/ flashing trigger warning at that start (in her defense I went back to the episode she was talking about and the trigger warning in the beginning only mentioned sexual violence but I still think saying the writer's true life story shouldn't be told bc there's some triggers while also making a documentary about her mom's true life story is kinda hypocritical tbh)

Reactions: 18
As if she had a pastel pink wedding guest dress with her and decided to wear the highlighter beach dress instead to the wedding 😂😂😂 how does she have the confidence to do these things

In her defence, the trigger warnings were around SA, not drug use and I agree with her point that there should have been a warning. But to say it shouldn’t be on Netflix is a bit much.

Reactions: 8
Why is she triggered by it? When her mum wasn’t one of ‘those druggies’ (her words) 🙄
Not to sound harsh but I don’t believe triggered is even the correct term for her to be claiming. It may of course be a sensitive topic for her and that’s understandable but too many people are throwing around the word ‘triggered’ when they don’t have any PTSD diagnosis. If the show truly ‘triggered’ her she would have been displaying strong enough symptoms enough to stop watching.

In Syds docuseries it’s told that neither her or her brother witnessed her mums drug use. They lived a comfortable and loving life with their grandparents from the ages of 2 or 3 (correct me if I’m wrong) who raised them as their own. They were protected from seeing any usage and effects. They knew their mum was ‘sick’ and sadly she succumbed to the illness when syd was still only 9 which is very heart breaking.

So again, not trying to take away from her experience, just that my point goes back to her purely attempting to make something (that’s currently trending, might I add) all about her. It just doesn’t make any logical sense that Syd is supposedly one of the most ‘triggered’ by the drug use out of the hundreds of thousands of people who watched this show.

Make it make sense.

Reactions: 22
Not to sound harsh but I don’t believe triggered is even the correct term for her to be claiming. It may of course be a sensitive topic for her and that’s understandable but too many people are throwing around the word ‘triggered’ when they don’t have any PTSD diagnosis. If the show truly ‘triggered’ her she would have been displaying strong enough symptoms enough to stop watching.

In Syds docuseries it’s told that neither her or her brother witnessed her mums drug use. They lived a comfortable and loving life with their grandparents from the ages of 2 or 3 (correct me if I’m wrong) who raised them as their own. They were protected from seeing any usage and effects. They knew their mum was ‘sick’ and sadly she succumbed to the illness when syd was still only 9 which is very heart breaking.

So again, not trying to take away from her experience, just that my point goes back to her purely attempting to make something (that’s currently trending, might I add) all about her. It just doesn’t make any logical sense that Syd is supposedly one of the most ‘triggered’ by the drug use out of the hundreds of thousands of people who watched this show.

Make it make sense.
thank you for wording this in a way that I couldn’t. I’ve been thinking along the same lines but didn’t want to be too harsh, as much as she is a nob no one should have to go through what she did.

I have lost my mum also and tv shows don’t warn when they are going to have mum dying as a storyline so it feels like a sucker punch to me. I feel like that’s closer to what she’s experiencing, someone else did say she’s recently been going to therapy so it’s probably all at the forefront too.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
In her defence, the trigger warnings were around SA, not drug use and I agree with her point that there should have been a warning. But to say it shouldn’t be on Netflix is a bit much.
Do you not just turn it off the second drugs are mentioned and not allow yourself to be triggered. It was pretty obvious where this was going the second drugs were mentioned, I don't know why she's sat and watched the whole thing

Reactions: 7
Just seen her tiktok where she pretends to bang oceans head on a cupboard door to see her reaction? I had volume off initially and didn’t hear her say “pretend to” but I just thought what a weird thing to post?

I think there’s something off about her relationship with Cas but I can’t put my finger on what it is

Reactions: 22
I think there’s something off about her relationship with Cas but I can’t put my finger on what it is
The first one was funny but I find it a bit weird he wants to humiliate his gf online like that, especially when he barely posts her as it is (red flag in itself). Also she was putting their daughter to bed and was probably gonna sort the mess out after

Reactions: 11