Syd and Ell #13 Molly’s gone, Ell’s still thriving, Syd’s up the duff to keep her content surviving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet you she got bitter and cut Molly off because she probably didn’t ask her questions 24/7 about her pregnancy 🤣 you aren’t the main character sweetie the world hasn’t stopped just cause you’re pregnant!!
I reckon it’s more like she didn’t approve of Cas maybe and wasn’t thrilled about them having a baby together. Her comment about ‘some people don’t want to see you happy’ makes me wonder 🤔

Reactions: 8
I always feel so conflicted by Syd. I think she does give of a bit of mean girl energy but I also think there is some truth behind what she says about loving hard etc. she reminds me of my best friend (she lost a parent to alcohol when she was young) and granted not had quite as many drift aparts as Syd but she is someone who will put her all into any form of relationships but it’s almost done with an expectation to receive back, I do wonder if this sometimes stems from losing a parent to substance abuse. I could never sit and deny that when Syd was friends with Ell and Molly regardless of what boyfriend she had at the time she always made a lot of time for them if she hasn’t received the same back maybe it’s been a toys out the pram situation? I mean Molly doesn’t seem to spend time with friends at all now?

Reactions: 20
I always feel so conflicted by Syd. I think she does give of a bit of mean girl energy but I also think there is some truth behind what she says about loving hard etc. she reminds me of my best friend (she lost a parent to alcohol when she was young) and granted not had quite as many drift aparts as Syd but she is someone who will put her all into any form of relationships but it’s almost done with an expectation to receive back, I do wonder if this sometimes stems from losing a parent to substance abuse. I could never sit and deny that when Syd was friends with Ell and Molly regardless of what boyfriend she had at the time she always made a lot of time for them if she hasn’t received the same back maybe it’s been a toys out the pram situation? I mean Molly doesn’t seem to spend time with friends at all now?
Whenever people say they “love hard” it really means they want to be the only person of importance in others’ lives. It’s so icky. I’m not taking away from Syd’s sad circumstances with her mum but she has clearly been overindulged to try and “make up” for it which will never work.

With all respect to her, she’s an adult who is having a child - she needs to work past her issues and grow up like everyone else has to. Many people have bad starts in life but we have to put in the work to get a healthier outlook on life and move forward.

She doesn’t just “drift apart” from people, she very clearly has fall outs with her closest friends quite often which is so embarrassing and childish. Anyone normal who has a boyfriend also makes time for their friends 🙄 but I think it’s also because she can’t handle not being number 1 in other people’s lives.

Reactions: 25
She def gives me vibes of someone who expects A LOT out of her friendships which is just unrealistic especially when you become an adult and have your own life/career/family. People can’t just drop everything for you! She’s an influencer so has A LOT more spare time than her non-influencer friends do. I get that in school your friends are your whole world and I think she expects everyone else to stick with that mindset which you can’t really do when you have a 9-5 and bills to pay. Realistically when you become an adult you can go ages without speaking to some of your friends but when you do see them it’s great! I don’t think she understands that this is the normal way friendships evolve in adulthood- most people aren’t influencers so aren’t as available

Reactions: 21
yeah I think all of that would be true if she had actually drifted from her old friends over time but she hasn't. she's had sudden and irreparable fall-outs with all of them so it's just disingenuous to try to pretend to her audience nothing happened and it's just life.

Reactions: 12
I lost a parent to suicide at 12 years old and experienced quite a few unpleasant things prior to this throughout my childhood because of the same parent. It had a massive impact on me especially as it was at such a crucial age. I understand what you're trying to say here as I think it had a massive impact on me and my relationships with other people, but I think if anything it made me rely on my friends a lot more and had the opposite effect whereby I probably let myself be treated badly by some people because I was desperate to keep friendships/relationships going.

Whenever people say they “love hard” it really means they want to be the only person of importance in others’ lives. It’s so icky. I’m not taking away from Syd’s sad circumstances with her mum but she has clearly been overindulged to try and “make up” for it which will never work.

With all respect to her, she’s an adult who is having a child - she needs to work past her issues and grow up like everyone else has to. Many people have bad starts in life but we have to put in the work to get a healthier outlook on life and move forward.

She doesn’t just “drift apart” from people, she very clearly has fall outs with her closest friends quite often which is so embarrassing and childish. Anyone normal who has a boyfriend also makes time for their friends 🙄 but I think it’s also because she can’t handle not being number 1 in other people’s lives.
I do agree with this a bit more. I know plenty of other people who have had it harder than me growing up and they haven't let this effect the way they treat other people. As you say, many people have bad starts in life but we have to put in the work to get a healthier outlook on life and move forward. I think these influencers don't have a clue what it's like to have a normal life, a normal 9-5 with an average wage and juggling family, work, partners and friends. They live in cuckoo land half the time!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You guys are absolutely right! I think because I very fortunately have suffered very little loss I almost overcompensate with trying to provide understanding of someone’s actions when they have lost someone as I just can’t imagine. I have probably put up with some of my friends rants about people not doing enough with her and just agreeing because it’s not worth a debate which is probably a bit toxic in itself. Thank you for helping me see things from a different perspective. @PreciousPenney I’m so sorry to hear about how things were when you were so young and hope you are doing ok now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You guys are absolutely right! I think because I very fortunately have suffered very little loss I almost overcompensate with trying to provide understanding of someone’s actions when they have lost someone as I just can’t imagine. I have probably put up with some of my friends rants about people not doing enough with her and just agreeing because it’s not worth a debate which is probably a bit toxic in itself. Thank you for helping me see things from a different perspective. @PreciousPenney I’m so sorry to hear about how things were when you were so young and hope you are doing ok now ❤
Thank you, yeah all good these days it was a very long time ago now 😊. I absolutely do understand though, everyone takes loss a different way and it effects people differently later on in life. I am by no means perfect but I think there comes a point in adult life where you have to look at how you treat other people/how you deal with important realtionships and try and grow and move on. Being cut throat about everything and cutting people off the way she does comes across very childish to me.

On another note, I would have loved to have been behind her at the Chris brown concert watching her make cringey tiktoks 😂

Reactions: 5
I think Syd love bombs people and then gets bored. I had a friend similar to her and we spoke constantly and she was always messaging me and wanting to make plans every weekend, and at the time it was fine but after a while it did feel a bit suffocating. Then one day out of nowhere she no longer wanted to be friends 🤣 A blessing in disguise but it is hurtful feeling like you were a convenience friend. The girl I know did it to a few people before me and now doesn’t really have anyone and only spends time with her boyfriend just like Syd!

Reactions: 10
In her GRWM for Chris Brown she gives off such 'I love myself, I'm a stuck up witch' vibes. And the story about her grandad giving her tickets through his friend from the grave is just ridiculous, she's starting to sound just like Imogenation! I'm sick of hearing the saliva swish around her mouth when she talks too... Baby gwurllll.

Also did she really need to include 'before the baby comes' in the title of her recent vlog?! What has that got to do with anything. Every single piece of content that she's made when pregnant mentions being pregnant!!! WE ALL KNOW!!!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.