Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
This is giving Emily in Paris in a bad way
If there was a show about a badly dressed 30 something drama queen trying to moonlight as some in the know trendy influencer, it would be called Sue in Brighton.

Also, can influencers stop complaining about the noise their builders are making doing a reno they wanted. Like come on. Have some sense and some self-awareness. It’s neither cute nor funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

coconochanel

VIP Member
I can’t believe I used to watch and enjoy her vlogs! I saw her latest one is basically an hour long … who is watching that? I’d love to see the podcast stats
I clicked off after a few minutes I can't be bothered watching someone moan about 'poor me I have a podcast and some editing to do, I might have a breakdown' when she has just spent about £3000 on two designer handbags and people are worried sick about feeding their families. Its tone deaf and she should know better at 30!

pasodoble

This podcast venture just baffles me because her whole 'vibe' (and I use this word ironically) relies on visuals. Podcasts are only successful if someone has something unique to say or they're funny, or have an interesting perspective. I think even her die-hard followers are going to struggle with this one.

• Haha

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
The thing is, because of her privelege and lifestyle she thinks that comes off as 'cute' and I'm sure some followers will think its quirky and relatable. If a working class person on minimum wage struggling to make ends meet started saying things like that then I'm sure they'd be criticised to no end. Can't quite articulate what I mean so hoping it makes sense, but basically it's gross 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

SleepyDibillo

She is so out of touch with reality it’s embarrassing.
She spent around £3000 on clothes / accessories last month alone (unless those were undeclared ads/ freebies) and she’s probably on first name terms with all the delivery people in the area with her constant ordering, yet has the audacity to talk about the cost of living , and then says that she’s learnt her lesson from a bad financial situation in the past. And adult life is hard because she has to clean. Does she even realise how ridiculous she sounds anymore!

• Sick
Reactions: 18

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
“There’s going to be some strong opinions on this” says Snoozie about her bikini matching her bucket hat. I can assure you no one gives a sh*t about the tones of blue in your bucket hat 🤦‍♀️View attachment 1349283
I don't understand why she thinks people are really invested in whether her bikini and hat match. My strong opinion is that she's wasteful AF and is a parody of herself at this point.

• Heart

coffee1234

Has she always had the annoying line on her Instagram “just out here being cute 💖”?
she’s not cute. She’s a 30 year old woman who acts like an irritating child. I don’t know how her boyfriend copes with the constant childish cringe. Also, the fact she bangs on about her mental health being so bad but then continues to act like some lady who lunches, with only first world problems, is ridiculous.

I’m still catching up with her, but me oh my every single one of her outfits she packed for Greece are horrendous.
surely she has some classic dresses (day and night) she can reuse?
Ive spent literally 10 years, all of my working adult life slowly putting together a holiday wardrobe of pieces I LOVE that flatter me in shape, cut and colour. It’s been trial and error, maybe nailed one or two looks every holiday, but it’s all built up now to a really solid base. I have about 5 perfect bikinis/swim suits, 10 day dresses and 10 evening dresses. I save them for holiday and those particularly hot odd days in august. I keep them in my attic for what, 51 weeks of the year, and then when holiday time comes around am good to go. so many amazing memories from each of those outfits too… the dress my husband proposed to me in… the dress I wore for my hen do… the dress I wore to my friends wedding! Etc etc.

I don’t ever feel bored of those clothes because I wear them so infrequently,it saves waste of buying a load of fast fashion, and I know they all make me look and feel my best. I am so baffled by this trend led fast fashion approach. How could any regular person afford it, and not wince at the waste? To top it off with Suze, every one of those outfits made her look the worst she ever has IMO.

• Heart

hellohellohello_123

This girl has the worst shopping addiction on YouTube (and it's a crowded field, as we all know). I don't understand how one person can own so many clothes and never, ever get it right. Like...you're killing the planet and it's not even worth it!!! I used to think she was quite sweet when she was with Josh(?), now she's obscene. I check in on her periodically now out of some kind of grim fascination. Don't even get me started on how she considers herself one of life's 'quiet people'...

What a caption! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hyping herself up is literally all she ever does. I am amazed the way she can gaze into her own eyes for the entirety of a 30 minute video. No other YouTuber I watch does this?!

• Sick

glenn_coco

I've always wanted to keep a running total of the costs, you go Glenn Coco! That's absolutely obscene behavior. In total she's spent half my yearly salary in one month :eek:
It's not even the cash amount that's sickening (though it does further hammer the ever widening disparity between the everyday person and influencers), but the actual number of items she buys.

If you're spending £5k (without going into debt), but it's on like, 5 items in a month, then whatever. But 40+ items?! Based on my personal consumption (I probs average 1.5 items a month), that would take me 2.5+ years to accumulate. Yet 40+ items in one month is something she thinks is SO CUTE.

Absolute mole.

Also, I'm frothing over the news Zara will be charging customers for online returns. So she'll either have to cough up money every time she returns half of her fortnightly hauls or she'll have to go into store to return 10 items. In. Person. Every. Time. How embarrassing.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I hate this new thing of starting a video by saying she's not OK, getting tearful, not explaining why and then the rest of the video having nothing to do with the apparent meltdown she's in the midst off. What's the point of including the footage and starting the video like that? It just makes me switch off.

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Oh good, a haul! It's been *checks Youtube* two days :eek: since she included an 'everything I bought this week'.

• Haha
  • Sick

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Its a bloody boring vlog!
She has bought a new bed which is exactly the same as her old one only it's a kingsize
shows us the wardrobes she's had made in her bedroom which is for her clothes obviously (where does Ryan put his clothes)
got a boucle chair for the lounge (free of course from sofa.com)
She shows us her BF's music studio which has no heating so he's using an electric heater 😊 #bougie
and thats about it.:sleep:
Why does the bonaldi biscuit need a king sized bed when she is the smallest, little human ever? Surely a small double would be enough for DJ‐Ryan, he wouldn't even notice she was there afterall, due to her teeny weeny tinyness?

• Haha
  • Heart

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I don't think it has to be. If you make proper videos about a certain topic, (almost) nobody will ask you something personal. For example: if she would only do fashion videos (by that I mean proper styling videos with advice and not just haul after haul) nobody would ask about her private life.
However her field is lifestyle. So she films what she does in a day, shows her home, does every other month a life update. It's not that strange that people comment on your private life. It's just part of your business.
If she doesn't want to share anything or doesn't want to get those comments, she should just make better videos about fashion (or whatever she is interested in). I personally think she just isn't hardworking and creative enough to do that.
Yeah, I agree with this. There are a few influencers I follow that don’t seem to get these sorts of comments (or if they do, they delete and ignore). I think it comes down to the caliber of content and the boundaries that are or aren’t set. If she doesn’t like these comments, delete/block then bring it up calmly in a video - “I’m setting a boundary where I ask you don’t make comments like this. If you do, I will take care of myself first and block you”. Ryan shows up in nearly every one of her videos, she does a post about celebrating their 3-year anniversary. It’s only natural for people to ask.

Also, I bring this up a lot, I’m sure a number of her followers come from cultures where 1) unmarried couples don’t live together and 2) marriage IS for many women the end goal. Regardless of how outdated that may seem to us in the West, these questions could be colored by cultural expectations or people are just curious. When your content is repetitive and stale, maybe these people are asking because they want more interesting content 🤷🏻‍♀️

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Yeah, bit weird that one and a little bit ableist. I have proper bad claustrophobia so if I do dare venture into a cinema I always sit at the front so I can escape quicker if it gets too much. Just a little thought about others’ situations sometimes wouldn’t go amiss Suze.
I don’t think she’s capable of considering the needs of others. From what she’s showed us VOLUNTARILY, she’s incredibly self-absorbed. And her podcast is just another avenue for her to talk about herself while acting like she’s doing us a service. Everyone’s experiences are valid, but it takes a special kind of person to think that their middle class, skinny white girl influencer experiences warrant an entire podcast, YouTube channel, IG, and TikTok account.

• Sick
  • Heart