Susie Verrill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to work out if your “kids naked on the flight” is a typo because it wouldn’t surprise me if she did just let them wander round naked on the plane given her lazy attitude to parenting 😂

And little care for their safety

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I quite like Greg, and I think he goes for a lot of varying work/appearances because he can. He has to tbf. He’s providing for his family. You canny knock that. Tbh I’m a bit envious people do have that degree of variability for their work. But I’m guessing he has nothing to fall back on after retiring from athletics. He will have trained since a kid but what else could he do for a living now? Is it all bit-work now for retired athletes? But having said that, it’s very fluid and you’re not necessarily guaranteed regular pay etc. So I don’t envy it completely. Susie’s Insta has definitely changed over the last few months. But the other day she mentioned anxiety. The swipe ups and outfits do my head in and I scroll fast. It’s fair to say I’m close to unfollowing too. I was surprised to hear her say they’re not intending to stay in this house they’ve been working on for so long. Surely if you’re flipping a house you do it as fast as possible. But kids delay everything so I half get that.

Reactions: 2
Sure Milos peers can't wait to see the book his mum made him to show the class to show off that they've been on holiday whilst everyone else has been at school/learning with friends. Going to play parks, tourist attractions and getting wedding ready is educational don't y'all know. It's not like they haven't been there before.

Reactions: 8
As an early years teacher I can safely say that not all learning happens in the classroom. I spend my days teaching children how to talk because they haven’t had meaningful interactions with their parents/carers at home. Supporting children who become frustrated because they can’t see properly because their parents don’t consistently put their glasses on them. Giving emotional support to those that live in chaotic environments and haven’t yet learned how mange their emotions. Supporting children to toilet train because parents find it too much of a hassle. Teaching children how to play because they have spent their very early years being parented by a screen. Yes, early years education is important and I am extremely passionate about it but trust me when I say that the experiences being offered to this little boy support his early years development and will teach him the skills he needs to be prepared for his future learning. Missing a few weeks of school for a positive life experiences will not hinder his development in comparison to those children who’s basic needs are barely being met. I celebrate parents who give children such positive experiences and allow them to engage in first hand experiences and learn how to manage risk. Children are more capable than we give them credit for. I missed many weeks of school to travel the world and I’ve still managed to qualify and deliver outstanding teaching to hundreds of children. Phonics is important but it’s not a fundamental life skill that so many children are not being taught in this generation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
As an early years teacher I can safely say that not all learning happens in the classroom. I spend my days teaching children how to talk because they haven’t had meaningful interactions with their parents/carers at home. Supporting children who become frustrated because they can’t see properly because their parents don’t consistently put their glasses on them. Giving emotional support to those that live in chaotic environments and haven’t yet learned how mange their emotions. Supporting children to toilet train because parents find it too much of a hassle. Teaching children how to play because they have spent their very early years being parented by a screen. Yes, early years education is important and I am extremely passionate about it but trust me when I say that the experiences being offered to this little boy support his early years development and will teach him the skills he needs to be prepared for his future learning. Missing a few weeks of school for a positive life experiences will not hinder his development in comparison to those children who’s basic needs are barely being met. I celebrate parents who give children such positive experiences and allow them to engage in first hand experiences and learn how to manage risk. Children are more capable than we give them credit for. I missed many weeks of school to travel the world and I’ve still managed to qualify and deliver outstanding teaching to hundreds of children. Phonics is important but it’s not a fundamental life skill that so many children are not being taught in this generation.
I agree that Susie is parenting her children to a much higher standard than you describe but isnt it also fair to say that what would be even better would be a child who has been well prepared for school, and then does attend consistently? Like my kids. My husband travels a lot for work, of course I would like to go with him to LA and Dubai but I don't because i think school is important and we can have holidays when there is no school. Susie and Greg are good parents but on this issue I think they could do better.

Reactions: 7
I agree that Susie is parenting her children to a much higher standard than you describe but isnt it also fair to say that what would be even better would be a child who has been well prepared for school, and then does attend consistently? Like my kids. My husband travels a lot for work, of course I would like to go with him to LA and Dubai but I don't because i think school is important and we can have holidays when there is no school. Susie and Greg are good parents but on this issue I think they could do better.
Absolutely agreed, no parent is perfect. There is always room for improvement. I just think it is unfair to criticise, so intensely, parents who are doing a wonderful job already and providing such positive experiences for their young children. Whilst he maybe missing out on some phonics he is learning an abundance of other skills that cannot be taught in the classroom and I think it is important to recognise this too. I’m sure if you did chose to travel occasionally in term time your children would have wonderful experiences that benefit them and it wouldn’t have such an impact on their education that has been suggested in other comments.

Reactions: 5
Absolutely no issue with SV taking her 5yo away on a trip during term time. He’s small, he’s with his parents, he’ll be fine. I have more of an issue with her promoting makeup on her feed and not owning up to all the additional cosmetic enhancement she’s clearly had done.

Reactions: 6
Absolutely agreed, no parent is perfect. There is always room for improvement. I just think it is unfair to criticise, so intensely, parents who are doing a wonderful job already and providing such positive experiences for their young children. Whilst he maybe missing out on some phonics he is learning an abundance of other skills that cannot be taught in the classroom and I think it is important to recognise this too. I’m sure if you did chose to travel occasionally in term time your children would have wonderful experiences that benefit them and it wouldn’t have such an impact on their education that has been suggested in other comments.
But if they were a normal family with a villa in Spain, would you be as accepting?
This whole ‘amazing experience’ thing because he’s in the Arizona dessert... he’s been there what, 3-4 times? And he’s been taken out of school so his parents can plan their wedding....

tbh, it’s absolutely their prerogative that they parent how they sit fit however, Susie is so disparaging of the state school system and I think that’s what a few here find annoying. It’s also the extra work for the teachers... he WILL have to be caught up, they WILL have to mind that he’s not being left out socially because he’s missed being part of things.

on a personal level, I think they’re going to end up breeding the most precocious little bleeders... everyone thinks their child his special, she seems to think hers (Milo), exceptional.

Reactions: 14
But if they were a normal family with a villa in Spain, would you be as accepting?
This whole ‘amazing experience’ thing because he’s in the Arizona dessert... he’s been there what, 3-4 times? And he’s been taken out of school so his parents can plan their wedding....

tbh, it’s absolutely their prerogative that they parent how they sit fit however, Susie is so disparaging of the state school system and I think that’s what a few here find annoying. It’s also the extra work for the teachers... he WILL have to be caught up, they WILL have to mind that he’s not being left out socially because he’s missed being part of things.

on a personal level, I think they’re going to end up breeding the most precocious little bleeders... everyone thinks their child his special, she seems to think hers (Milo), exceptional.
And he will go to his classroom 5 days per week for the majority of the school year... for the next 11 years

Some families are not afforded the luxury to holiday in school holiday times. If it meant those children missed out on going on holiday because of cost then I would absolutely encourage a family to take a holiday in term time so they can have the experience of a holiday. Whether this be in caravan at Butlins, in a tent at a camp site, a villa in Spain, or climbing in mountains in Arizona. I’m not referring to being in a desert in Arizona as an amazing experience, I am referring to what each individual holiday has to offer. Learning about other cultures, communities, learning through nature, learning about the world around them. Climbing hills or mountains which will promote physical development which every child needs before we can even consider teaching them to hold a pencil to write their name. These are all elements of the early years curriculum that can be taught in the classroom but is limited. Having these experiences first hand is extremely beneficial and will SUPPORT their early years education, not limit it.

Reactions: 9
And he will go to his classroom 5 days per week for the majority of the school year... for the next 11 years

Some families are not afforded the luxury to holiday in school holiday times. If it meant those children missed out on going on holiday because of cost then I would absolutely encourage a family to take a holiday in term time so they can have the experience of a holiday. Whether this be in caravan at Butlins, in a tent at a camp site, a villa in Spain, or climbing in mountains in Arizona. I’m not referring to being in a desert in Arizona as an amazing experience, I am referring to what each individual holiday has to offer. Learning about other cultures, communities, learning through nature, learning about the world around them. Climbing hills or mountains which will promote physical development which every child needs before we can even consider teaching them to hold a pencil to write their name. These are all elements of the early years curriculum that can be taught in the classroom but is limited. Having these experiences first hand is extremely beneficial and will SUPPORT their early years education, not limit it.
I don’t think anyone is accusing S & G of being neglectful parents but they CAN afford to go away in school holidays, yet the CHOSE to take the kids away and let Milo miss 3 weeks of school to visit their holiday home and plan their wedding. This holiday was not taken to educate Milo, but because it suited them. This was not about the kids.

And that is the issue for me. Her laissez faire attitude to schooling and the system, yet calling herself an education ‘bore’ because she made Milo make the scrapbook 🙄

I agree she has become what she used to taunt.

Reactions: 14

I think my opinion is probably skewed by the stage I teach then. If he missed three weeks of Year 6, there would be huge knock on effects to his learning which would then mean having to spare extra support staff to help him catch up which also then negatively impacts on the pupils you have correctly highlighted as already playing catch up due to poor home support.
I know this is a way off but if you feel it’s appropriate to spend three weeks wedding planning whilst your kids miss school at this stage, I highly doubt your attitude will magically change as they get older. There’s plenty time in the school holidays where they could have fitted this in and they aren’t the target group you identified as being unable to afford to travel during school holidays as evidenced by the class they choose to fly.

Reactions: 9
I think my opinion is probably skewed by the stage I teach then. If he missed three weeks of Year 6, there would be huge knock on effects to his learning which would then mean having to spare extra support staff to help him catch up which also then negatively impacts on the pupils you have correctly highlighted as already playing catch up due to poor home support.
I know this is a way off but if you feel it’s appropriate to spend three weeks wedding planning whilst your kids miss school at this stage, I highly doubt your attitude will magically change as they get older. There’s plenty time in the school holidays where they could have fitted this in and they aren’t the target group you identified as being unable to afford to travel during school holidays as evidenced by the class they choose to fly.
I fully agree with you. My daughter missed 3 weeks of school last year (reception) due to being hospitalised. She missed so much learning that it took pretty much the rest of the term to catch up and extra effort from her teacher, TA and us at home.

I fully agree with you. My daughter missed 3 weeks of school last year (reception) due to being hospitalised. She missed so much learning that it took pretty much the rest of the term to catch up and extra effort from her teacher, TA and us at home.
Oh no, poor little thing, that’s really rough. Hope she’s all better now?

Oh no, poor little thing, that’s really rough. Hope she’s all better now?
Thank you. She is better now. She had a small operation but got an infection after so what was supposed to be a week in hospital ended up being 3. She’s a trooper and recovered really well 😍

I’m sur
Thing is, ‘mama influencers’ are on their way out - they’ll hang on for dear life and might not totally disappear, but they’ll never go back to the heady heights of circa 2015 when literally everything they touched turned to gold.

Coupled with the fact that Greg doesn’t have a fixed job any more (he goes on ANYTHING on tv, master chef, strictly, James Martin), I don’t believe their life is as rosy as she makes out. She says they won’t stay in their home, so basically they are property developers, but their kids have to live in the construction site while they do the work (it’s ok!! They are such freeeee spirits who love mud and diggers!!) whilst working the camera for a load of instafreebies along the way. No skirting boards is awful of course, but a couple relentlessly selling their family life as a career is worse. She has turned into what she used to make fun of when she first started out
I am surprised they don’t live in America, I am sure an American College would snap up Greg as a coach (being an Olympian)

Yes relocation to the US is definitely on the cards, but only once Greg'swork dries up and he's ticked off every possible reality show. I've never known any couple to be as obsessed with the US as them. What surprises me is the raft of Insta mums who have no careers at all. Do they really want to sit at home scrolling on phones for the next 40-50 years? All the women in my circle work, financial independence and career progression is important for us. I can't imagine being at home living off my ex athlete husband. Sv is intelligent and she could do much more, but seems to just want to follow Greg around forever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.