Susie Verrill #5 Shopping Guru, very woke. Thank goodness for swipe-ups or she'd be broke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a regular M&S shopper and using the bloody influencers as models was bad enough but gifting them mothers day treats in a pandemic has really tipped me over the edge. Ffs! Why don't these PR people READ THE ROOM. Gift it to a deserving Mum who has lost her job or has suffered from covid or something to brighten there day a little, not racist Susie so she can inflict her cake eating on stories.

Edited to add that I've messaged M&S to ask wtf they were thinking.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
I'm a regular M&S shopper and using the bloody influencers as models was bad enough but gifting them mothers day treats in a pandemic has really tipped me over the edge. Ffs! Why don't these PR people READ THE ROOM. Gift it to a deserving Mum who has lost her job or has suffered from covid or something to brighten there day a little, not racist Susie so she can inflict her cake eating on stories.

Edited to add that I've messaged M&S to ask wtf they were thinking.
Did you message M&S via FB? I’m going to complain about the Mother’s Day gifts for wealthy influencers too. It takes the piss!

Reactions: 10
Did you message M&S via FB? I’m going to complain about the Mother’s Day gifts for wealthy influencers too. It takes the piss!
I really really hate seeing wealthy celebs showing off the free stuff they get sent. When you hear their glee at getting a box full of expensive make up or whatever. You just think, you can easily afford that! It’s nothing to you so why are you getting it for free?? Arghhh it annoys me no end. Give it to a normal person struggling to make ends meet. Or at least the wealthy celeb should have the decency to do a giveaway? Rather than rubbing it in and saying ‘ohhhh I can’t wait to use this’ 😡

Reactions: 12
Sorry to sound naive as I’m still learning how all the influencer stuff works, but you’d think a company like Marks and Spencer’s would check up on people before they send them stuff?! I can’t bare that she thinks she’s got away with everything she said, I just can’t! She preaches all day about being a parent, why does she think she’s superior to us?
I think they might do a ‘light check’ ie scroll through her insta, see some collabs with other companies and then go for it. Shes with a (seemingly) controversy-free athlete and i think the stories were covered and hushed up very quickly at the time. Also if you’re checking her page her apology has helpfully disappeared.
i dont think that’s an excuse by the way, companies should do thorough research before they start gifting things and working with people because it hugely affects how people perceive them. I stopped shopping with morrisons when they worked with Greg and didnt reply to my message about it.

also agree about gifting nice things to greedy grubby ‘influencers’. M&S do it quite a lot and there was whole thing where emma willis was giving her millionaire mates roast dinners to promote. Hardly good timing.

Reactions: 7
I’ve said this many times before that as a company there is (unfortunatel)) very little to be gained from gifting something to a person with a small following as the whole point is to get your product out there and seen by as many people as possible in order to increase sales. And yes gifting to someone who has worked front line during covid or to a family that wouldn’t be able to afford it themselves would be much nicer, their couple of hundred followers aren’t going to be of massive benefit! BUT what I would like to see (and what we personally are thinking about for our next giveaway) is either
a) Sending the celeb/influencer 2 products one of which they have and one of which is used as a giveaway
b) Asking a celebrity to run a giveaway (bit harder as noting in it for them )

or
C) ultimately wouldn’t it be nice to see the influencer themselves thank the company for sending it and then take on the initiative to regift it themselves to either a charity/food bank or as a giveaway

Reactions: 8
I’ve said this many times before that as a company there is (unfortunatel)) very little to be gained from gifting something to a person with a small following as the whole point is to get your product out there and seen by as many people as possible in order to increase sales. And yes gifting to someone who has worked front line during covid or to a family that wouldn’t be able to afford it themselves would be much nicer, their couple of hundred followers aren’t going to be of massive benefit! BUT what I would like to see (and what we personally are thinking about for our next giveaway) is either
a) Sending the celeb/influencer 2 products one of which they have and one of which is used as a giveaway
b) Asking a celebrity to run a giveaway (bit harder as noting in it for them )

or
C) ultimately wouldn’t it be nice to see the influencer themselves thank the company for sending it and then take on the initiative to regift it themselves to either a charity/food bank or as a giveaway
I completely get this but in the first instance choosing somebody with those values just because you think they have the right number of followers is worrying (not you, I mean the companies!)
I have seen several influencers do this. Getting stuff done in heels has done this several times when she thinks she doesnt need or deserve something, she asks if she can gift it to a follower. I actually think it increases interaction because people comment etc to be gifted it instead. Not so smug now also always asks brands who want to gift her stuff if they will consider goliving her one to pay it forward as it were. It definitely makes me feel like these particular influencers arent just thinking of what they can get out of it.

Reactions: 3
Yes I'll just never get my head around why she stilll lives her life on Instagram?
She's about 33.....this is exactly what she'd make fun of others for. We all know she enjoys making fun of other people.
But... She has no friends, no social life, no job, low self esteem. I think Instagram and shopping are both huge sources of serotonin for her.
She's very immature.
She could be dedicating her time now to her family and a career path or job (be a nurse or a teacher or get a job at the local nursery part time or coffee shop.... Go back to college or uni).
Oh I know she doesn't drive but the local bus stop is a 2 minute drive from her house in Aspley and connects any where. Or she could get a taxi or her parents/Greg drop her....
But instead she decides to dedicate it to shopping and insta ..
But she's not even relevant anymore?

Covid has made people see there's more to life than fancy leggings and making you sure you have the most on trend wedding.

Strange life.

Jobs in the caring profession are you mad? 🤣🤣

The number one skills are things like being kind & non judgemental. Susan is a vile person!

Reactions: 5
I’m sorry but her post on how to raise your sons??? She is unbearable!! Such a serious, devastating topic and we get a Susie lecture 🙄. She has absolutely no idea. How is she raising hers, with her racist background?!

Reactions: 11
I’m sorry but her post on how to raise your sons??? She is unbearable!! Such a serious, devastating topic and we get a Susie lecture 🙄. She has absolutely no idea. How is she raising hers, with her racist background?!
Can’t miss an opportunity for some susie sanctimony can she

Reactions: 10
Can’t miss an opportunity for some susie sanctimony can she
I’d love to know who she’s addressing talking about raising sons. Who does she think she is to wag her finger at...other mums?? Just bizarre. Just you concentrate on raising your own sons Susie, I can raise mine without your lecture thanks. We are not as stupid and helpless as you seem to think we are.

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20210311_064754.jpg

Ah yes a true feminist. Blaming her predominantly female, mum following for raising rapists.....
Susie. You can dress your kid in the fanciest leggings, get them all the inclusive books, have all the chats about consent. Encourage allllll the respect.
Anddddd
They could still turn out to be rapists

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Jesus wept she just gets worse.

sorry Susie but dressing your boys in “genderless” leggings, letting them run riot and putting no boundaries in place is not the magical recipe for not growing a psycho rapist murderer. It’s not as simple as give young boys lots of cuddles and then there will never be predatory males in society. duck sake.

She needs to learn to keep her bloody mouth firmly shut on serious, emotive, complex issues like these. Her ridiculous input is neither relevant nor wanted.

Reactions: 17
I’ve heard Jameela Jamil talk on this aswell, and she doesn’t even have kids. I reckon Susie fancies herself a bit like her (both are complete twats).

I’ve got a son and it bugs me no end that (according to internet nobodies like Susie) how he behaves later in life is all down to his mum. Of course I’m doing my absolute best to raise a boy who is respectful of everyone and all the things you should be doing to be a good parent. But it feels a bit off to blame the mum for any bad thing he may do. Isn’t that misogyny in action?? Where are the dads here? And society as a whole? Sorry I’m getting in to a big debate here but why does Susie think she’s exempt from this scrutiny? Ugh she’s the worst.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.