Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heretoread84

New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.
I think it's incredibly unfair and disrespectful to compare Susie - a racist with George Floyd - a man killed by police brutality in a horrifying and abhorrent way.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thanking people who have been polite and kind to her. Yep, like you were with MOD. Do fuck off, you self-serving, racist, ableist, fat-phobic scum.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
That sounded soooo genuine and from the heart... NOT!
It sounded like she was pissed off that she had to make the video. Susie, get off social media, get a real job, put some shoes on your kids, send them to school (when covid is over) and get on with your life quietly.

Peachy9

VIP Member
Doesn’t the mention of her kid ‘screaming for chocolate brioche’ just make her sound like even more of a twat?

I don’t have kids though, so correct me if that’s what they all do!
Mine literally did do that today actually (age4) . Then came swanning back into the room in sunglasses and holding an open brolly, telling me "I'm gonna leave this house, I've had it UP TO HERE"

So I'm not too sure that my parenting is going any better over here to be honest 🤦

• Haha

waywithwords

Just seen that Brummy Mummy has posted to say she is taking some time off (roughly a week, she estimates). She’s become ‘too entwined in this online world’.

They’re dropping like flies.

Question: If an Instamum posts a #ad alongside a lifestyle shot of some children’s multivitamins, and there are no other Instamums around to like it/pat their back/call them hun, did it even happen?

🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Allie101

Chatty Member
"Instagram is my life. Without it me and Greg wouldn't even be together anymore. We live our life here. Even as I approach my mid thirties. And I'm not going anywhere.....bitches" -Susan.

• Haha
  • Heart

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
Greg's back! A thrilling update about holes he's been digging 🙄
Ahhh!!! Mystery solved, we can all rest easy, Greg has been off insta because he has been digging footings! It was nothing to do with his fiancee Susie Verill being outed as a massive racist/ableist/xenophobic etc etc, twat.

• Haha

JellyDonut

VIP Member
As a forensic psychologist I can tell you that in my professional opinion that apology video was not genuine at all. Sorry Susan. Better luck next time.

• Haha
  • Heart

Kvothe

The main question on my mind: if your children had been threatened on social media, would you continue to use that platform?

I know my answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
But by staying quiet, he becomes complicit, which surely will have an impact on him work-wise?
Thing is, besides this thread, and some super vague references on a handful of lesser known insta accounts, that disappeared in 24 hours anyway; who else knows?!
She’s been dropped by a few companies who have been contacted directly, and obviously her insta is not active, but I can’t see this has affected him yet, if it ever will.

I think she will be (or already has been) dropped / silenced in order to protect Greg, as he is the ‘name’ and money maker in this relationship.

By saying anything at all, Greg will publicise her inexcusable behaviour. By staying silent those who know will forever think he’s a prick, but it will disappear quickly.

This really hasn’t gone very public.

Which is a shame.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Senmum

The block/delete culture, shutting people down, blocking accounts, RESTRICTING (something I didn’t even know existed) and silencing people in general on IG is worse than it ever has been and that’s the main reason that Tattle exists in the first place isn’t it ?
If her PR company are asking her to do this then it’s even more disgusting.
Freedom of speech doesn’t apply in the online world it seems.
And IG just seems to enable silencing.

I don’t agree that everything written on Tattle is always civilised but I do see some really well written, important points being made across the forums that wouldn’t see the light of day elsewhere.

I have had perfectly nicely put comments deleted on IG, I’ve been restricted and then blocked, blocked on what’s app and an entire situation that was about me & the way I had been made to feel, completely swept under the carpet to the point that it’s all completely gone away like it (I) never even happened.

The only thing that couldn’t be controlled was my stories and then if I dared to speak it was called a witch hunt over and over again or I’m trolling. The terms are so overused they’ve lost all meaning.

My name is still dragged through the mud at any given opportunity, my account given out time and time again, even as recent as a few weeks ago re an Engagement that I supposedly revealed (untrue) - all because I told this person I didn’t like the way I was treated and whilst I would never cry mental health or witch hunt it comes to a point that any truth that I, being a smaller account trying to speak will just get drowned out and can be replaced with literally any narrative they choose.

I think that’s why Tattle exists.

And Ive noticed over the last few days so many ‘new members’.

Maybe people are just a bit over being shut down and brushed off by the bigger accounts who are afraid of letting their comments section get too messy.

It seems it’s just got to be all love all the time, or your comments are just not welcome.

It’s tiring.

We can all be labelled as bullies for asking relevant questions by the people who make the most noise and demand the most attention, yet when they do it it’s ok...

Last edited:
  • Heart

MoiraDingle

That video WOW.

Most 👏🏼 insincere 👏🏼 thing 👏🏼 I’ve 👏🏼 ever 👏🏼 seen. Susie has never used or heard of those words she’s used there, in her life. DIDN’T EVEN SAY THE WORDS I’M SORRY.

Not to mention the sarcastic ‘sorry I can’t kill myself’, the Gleam mask slipped and the real Susie came through then didn’t it!

Her kids have had death threats? Well fortunately for them, they are white British children who are healthy, able bodied and not deaf and dumb which is a good thing because if they were anything but then Susannah the racist bigot would have disowned them at birth. What an embarrassment.

• Heart

Starsanddaggers

Chatty Member
I actually think what is happening here & with Hannah Gale is derailing what white people should be doing and reading to be anti racist. Susie and Hannah have done wrong but were already on their way to learning. Time spent on bringing people down would be much better spent on reading and watching BLM material or sharing this with people who need to be educated. I certainly won’t be teaching my kids how to ruin someone’s life for making mistakes I’ll be watching content with them and learning together.

Hey Susan.

There's making mistakes and then there's years and years of nasty comments about black, poor, overweight, disabled and Romanian people.

I'll be teaching my kids not to associate with the bigotted elite and to call them out in their hypocrisy

Now go sob into your swanky leggings.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

Milliehaha123

Chatty Member
She ends her speech by saying she is going to remain on Instagram but this is because she thinks it is an interesting learning tool and loves following accounts, listening to different points of view etc from it.
What I don’t get is when influencers make these huge fuck ups - why they don’t just delete, leave forever and just have their own private normal accounts (like the rest of us mere mortals)
Why doesn’t she just stick to home renovation / bringing up her kids / a relatively normal life. What is this constant ongoing need for money / fame? I think it boils down to greed and self worth. Sad really

Disneylove2012

Just found this thread. There was an incident with susie and her dogs in our local woods, she was called out on the dog walkers page and her Reply was shot down by everyone and everyone told her she was in the wrong for what happened but she wouldn’t accept it! She said she was getting lawyers involved because if the slander 😬

• Haha
  • Wow