Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think he also needs to feed his off-spring. What she did is beyond belief and she will surely never come back from it professionally, but this witch hunt type behaviour in trying to ruin their whole lives sits very uncomfortably. If we have learnt anything from these last few months on social media it's that there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed imo. There's knocking someone off their pedestal for a wrong doing and then there's dancing on their grave. Quite literally in some cases.
While I can understand the view that readers of this forum contacting brands Greg has worked with could be seen as witch-hunt-esque, I dont think struggling to feed their children is a consideration for them. These are the folks who humble brag about owning multiple properties, whose renovation plans include an underground cinema and an orangery, who only fly business class, who paid privately to have an elective c-section at the lido wing, and who have been given freebie after freebie over the last few years, from kids toys, clothing and food to multiple holidays, cosmetics and jewellery #adgifted. I don’t expect anyone’s going hungry.

edit: I’d like to retract ‘humble’ from the above statement.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 37

Charlotteep

New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Allie101

Chatty Member
Worst year of MY life. MY children MY MY MY

She's learned nothing. What a shame.

She's presenting as a victim.

jessicarrr

I really hate the expression "these squares" - trying to make Instagram sound lovely and whimsical rather than her main source of income and chief way to exploit her children!

Twirlypoo

So basically she’s done lots of big 💩💩💩 everywhere and just like her dogs do, she’s kicked back a massive pile of rose petals over them to cover her tracks. By removing the I am a racist post and not clearly labelling the ‘apology’ stories in highlights, when a potential advertiser does a sweep of her insta and online footprint, they won’t see any of this controversy. Anything to protect the brand hey 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope it’s worth it in the long run Susan.
I don’t care if I’m accused of a witch-hunt, but any advertiser who works with her in future I will happily email and say I have zero respect for them aligning themselves with her.

I am trying to be patient as she’s only just back on insta, but i am also judging HARD all those who continue to follow her after posting little black squares and saying we have to challenge racism. It’s hypocritical and weak to say the words and then not follow through with an action.

She’s like the mean girl from school who was snidey about everyone and giggled in a corner as you walked past 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Potatopatato

So from a quick glance down Greggs feed - the brands we need to contact are:

Ebay
Times money
Mcvities
Aqua fresh
Tag Heu
Riverford
The official pandora

there are MANY others, but I have to feed my offspring so have only done the last few months posts! Please feel free to correct this - I literally did a quick scan down his account!
I think he also needs to feed his off-spring. What she did is beyond belief and she will surely never come back from it professionally, but this witch hunt type behaviour in trying to ruin their whole lives sits very uncomfortably. If we have learnt anything from these last few months on social media it's that there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed imo. There's knocking someone off their pedestal for a wrong doing and then there's dancing on their grave. Quite literally in some cases.

• Angry
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.
Sorry, all the above is a massive no from me. Also from a very white area of the country. ZERO excuses

• Heart

Islander

Late to the party of shame. How did she get away with these outrageous tweets for so long!?

Nice to see her use her white privilege to mock minorities and the disadvantaged! Sickening to see her preach about being a good person & promoting diversity to her children. Ew. Just ew.

I actually unfollowed her years ago. She wrote a post about ‘always flying first class’ but chose to fly economy class ‘to see what it was like’ Lol... so it would help her relate to the peasants that follow her
Hopefully this is the end of her career. No brand will tar themselves with such public bigotry. The influencer world sure is a fragile place!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

NosyWelshCow

Apparently he's a pro on family finances, sure they'll be fine
The irony of this one being that Greg was defrauded by his agent because he had no idea what was going on with his finances.

I'm so sick and tired of the entitlement towards influencers. They don't HAVE to do it for a living ffs- Greg is an Olympic long jumper and could quite easily make a fairly decent living training. It doesn't bring the shine and gleam of fame though does it?
And they might *shock horror* have to buy their kids leggings themselves!
There's a godamn pandemic happening, she can get a fucking job if need be doing something less glam/more effort. We don't owe a racist anything-least of all our money-to keep them better off than of us.

I'm a nurse - if I tweeted what she had, I'd be hauled up infront of the nmc and likely lose my job. Would you come on here for me and fight for me to keep my £40k income coming in so my kids don't get affected?
This, all of this.

Being an ‘influencer’ is not a career. They haven’t studied for it, there’s been apprenticeship scheme or lengthy uni course and exams. These women are selling their kids. We all have to feed and clothe our children, but most of us are doing it through such cheap ways. They are not ‘working hard to create content’, they’re being gift free stuff and taking photos of it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

No_f_in_clue

Chatty Member
That "hello" sounded like she was about to host the 10 o'clock news. Also the satellite photo of their house and the whole where she walks her dogs thing happened on Facebook in April....APRIL!! It's June now Suse

• Haha
Reactions: 32

NosyWelshCow

Greg is devoid of personality. He travels up and down the country with his receding hairline doing z list ads and staying in premier inns. He should have remained a bit more exclusive and tied to his sport so he could capitalise on the well paying sports work but both him and Susan were desperate to be on tv at all costs. Remember that weird show they did where they went to France and took the kids out of school for a week to go look at a lake?
Can’t forget that. She made a huge song and dance about taking the kid out of school for cultural experiences and would not be a slave to the archaic education system, she knew best for her child, blah blah blah...

And it was for a job. A cheap TV job that they only actually appeared in 6 shots for. And because she wouldn’t do anything on her own with the boys, they seemingly spent 3 days knocking around the hotel.

I’ve always found this weird difference between the online character she portrayed, ‘confident mummy blogger with aspirational lifestyle’, juxtaposed with the reality that was in fact a young woman, lacking in life experiences, independence and any actual social life.

‘Small town Susie Verrill the racist’, isn’t a personality she left behind, it’s one that’s been hidden by the online persona she cultivated.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

tidalwave

Chatty Member
Not kept up with this thread, but just want to say - I was totally on the fence about TNM but her decision not to comment on this issue is too much for me. Normally, I would say that no one should feel they have to weigh in if they don't want to. HOWEVER, TNM has been advocating how it's not enough to be non-racist, you have to be anti-racist and yet, here she is, flat out refusing to call out her InstaPal. That's so hypocritical; performative allyship. It puts her cultural appropriation in another light, also.

She's always saying she hasn't got time because of x, y and z, which would be totally valid, if it wasn't for the fact that she's got plenty of time to be sitting on Insta chatting shit for days and doing sponsored work. Get your priorities right.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Oliviabob

I wish she’d stop pretending to be some sort of travel guru. She leaves Milton Keynes about 3 times a year. The only place they travel to is America once a year where they stay in one place the whole time.

She’s hardly Michael Palin.

• Haha

PinkBogeyBreath

Chatty Member
This was Susie’s response to the MOD drama

That screenshot 😬 off topic slightly but I’m so bored of this style of instamum/mummy blogging. The whole “I can’t even use the toilet in private” woe is me martyr style mummies do my head in. It’s like they compete to prove how much their life is overridden by their children and how they have time for NOTHING else.

Plenty of time for Instagram though!

• Heart
  • Haha