Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just typed Susie Verrill tweets into google, this site is 3 from top. (Looks like you have more work to do Gleam)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
THAT heartbreaking Instagram Leona Lewis video . If you've seen it you will know.

She's so beautiful, so kind, so humble and SO talented!!!!!!!

Is Susie talented at absolutely anything other than shopping?
And talking to her kids in that cbeebies voice?
And dressing them in expensive clothing?.....

lucky Greg.

Susie Verrill and her instamums triangle are the people in the shop.

Reactions: 4
I actually think what is happening here & with Hannah Gale is derailing what white people should be doing and reading to be anti racist. Susie and Hannah have done wrong but were already on their way to learning. Time spent on bringing people down would be much better spent on reading and watching BLM material or sharing this with people who need to be educated. I certainly won’t be teaching my kids how to ruin someone’s life for making mistakes I’ll be watching content with them and learning together.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No, I don't think he is either come to think of it. But I imagine there are bedfellows between the two agencies. Or Gleam have been trying to woo him.

Not sure you’ve got that quite right. Greg’s with an agency in the truest sense of the word, they rep legitimate ‘talent’ in the traditional TV and sport sense. Gleam manage a roster of social media stars. I’m not sure that there’s any relationship between the two, and I can’t see Encanta would want any association with Gleam’s stable 👀

Reactions: 8
I actually think what is happening here & with Hannah Gale is derailing what white people should be doing and reading to be anti racist. Susie and Hannah have done wrong but were already on their way to learning. Time spent on bringing people down would be much better spent on reading and watching BLM material or sharing this with people who need to be educated. I certainly won’t be teaching my kids how to ruin someone’s life for making mistakes I’ll be watching content with them and learning together.

Hey Susan.

There's making mistakes and then there's years and years of nasty comments about black, poor, overweight, disabled and Romanian people.

I'll be teaching my kids not to associate with the bigotted elite and to call them out in their hypocrisy

Now go sob into your swanky leggings.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
careful you don't fall off that high horse you’re on

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hey Susan.

There's making mistakes and then there's years and years of nasty comments about black, poor, overweight, disabled and Romanian people.

I'll be teaching my kids not to associate with the bigotted elite and to call them out in their hypocrisy

Now go sob into your swanky leggings.
Probs a member of gleam 🤷

Reactions: 7
Surely the issue with this is that if you were Susan, and you knew you used to have views that you now think are so appalling you’re trying to sell books that promote equality, would you not be so embarrassed now you are redeemed that you take five minutes to go back through your extensive back catalogue of hate to ensure no one else is influenced / hurt by it?

Reactions: 6
You make a very good, very valid point.

It's not that I want Susie hung out to dry, but she has spent the last 3-4 years (that I've been following her) *preaching* about inclusivity and equality. At no time has she recognised that maybe she has something to learn, that maybe she has made mistakes in the past. She was happy to ram her left wing politics down people's throats at the time of the election. That's why these tweets have shocked me so much, because although I felt she was, at heart, a bit of a mean girl, I didn't think she would vocalise these kinds of opinions.

I'm sure someone here can put this better, someone who is far more eloquent than me!

Reactions: 19
The fact she said
"I'm sorry I'm not that person anymore , I changed"
When we all know she has had media training
(aka: how to get more followers , how be a nice person, how not be an out and proud bigot)
We all remember how she started talking in that God awful cbeebies voice after receiving the training.....
Why put a fake voice on ?
Oh wait because it's fake "niceness"..

• Haha
Reactions: 7

It's not that I want Susie hung out to dry, but she has spent the last 3-4 years (that I've been following her) *preaching* about inclusivity and equality. At no time has she recognised that maybe she has something to learn, that maybe she has made mistakes in the past. She was happy to ram her left wing politics down people's throats at the time of the election. That's why these tweets have shocked me so much, because although I felt she was, at heart, a bit of a mean girl, I didn't think she would vocalise these kinds of opinions.

I'm sure someone here can put this better, someone who is far more eloquent than me!
Nope, you did this perfectly! I had totally forgotten everything she posted and said during the run up to referendum and election :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
Says you! (As we say in Manchester)
careful you don't fall off that high horse you’re on

I can appreciate this feeling, but it seems like the sole purpose here was to take people down rather than to do good things. I don’t like that and I don’t like the cancel culture

I am not Susie btw, people might think that what was tweeted was wrong but disagree with the ethics of this approach

I don’t own any swanky leggings, I’m a working mum and today I’ve got H&M jeans on

Reactions: 2

I can appreciate this feeling, but it seems like the sole purpose here was to take people down rather than to do good things. I don’t like that and I don’t like the cancel culture

I am not Susie btw, people might think that what was tweeted was wrong but disagree with the ethics of this approach

I don’t own any swanky leggings, I’m a working mum and today I’ve got H&M jeans on
I don’t think people want to take Susie down - I think they want it not to be hushed up, for her to say sorry and stand by it, for it not to be a media limitation exercise and rather a genuine apology. By not providing that, by her and Greg deleting any comments on it, she comes across as cowardly and only out to protect herself - and that’s what people are calling out.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Fair enough 😊. I agree, I don’t want to ruin their lives. I’m personally affected by some of the things she said and would like a valid explanation. Burying the story isn’t acceptable (to me). There’s an opportunity for education here and it hasn’t been taken.

Reactions: 8

I understand your point - I do. But identifying & talking about racism is vitally important in moving forward.
By not allowing people to freely discuss these kind of issues, the ‘out of sight out of mind’ narrative is reinforced and that is wrong.
I believe many on here, from ethnic groups such as myself and/or of white heritage, tried to contact SV to discuss this directly on Instagram. Many were blocked or deleted and then she deleted Instagram all together so that discussion could no longer be had.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Fair enough 😊. I agree, I don’t want to ruin their lives. I’m personally affected by some of the things she said and would like a valid explanation. Burying the story isn’t acceptable (to me). There’s an opportunity for education here and it hasn’t been taken.
This sentiment is exactly what I was agreeing with. If my "you said it perfectly" comment didn't come off clearly because I didn't add the words "I think" then I don't know what to say. Aren't all our comments opinions?

Lola78
And
Potatopatato
Are both clearly working for Susie and Greg.
In the same way I left a polite message asking Greg if he was going to address what's happening was deleted within seconds and I was blocked.

It is making you look WORSE .

You should be using this time to stand up for equality. If you actually meant a word of what you posted about this week surrounding it

Not using your resources to stand up and ensure Susie's never ending shopping addiction is sustainable

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Vile racist views were written, and remained, on a popular public forum, spanning years.

The 2 individuals involved, along with their PR company are hushing it up for financial gain.

This is the issue.

It’s not about Susie, or Greg.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.