Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's face it, a lot of these influencers are being very careful about what they say in case anyone digs up dirt on them. They all want Susie to be forgiven as they hope they'd be forgiven if they had been racist or ableist in the past.
I think they’re all having a clean up before saying anything.

Reactions: 7
Any white influencer who has chosen not to condemn or call this out is the definition of a performative ally.
THIS⬆
By turning the other way and choosing to ignore the problem they’re perpetuating that it’s ok to let these things go.
It should be challenged.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Greg, I think that instead of addressing the chickens in the coop you need to address the elephant in the room!!
😡

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Anyone thinking that people are bullying susie for exposing her comments on : blind kids, disabled kids, black women , Romanians , poor people, people on benefits, overweight women.
needs to ask themselves some serious questions.

If your favourite actor or singer had these things exposed : they'd never work again....

Will they even get married now that it won't be on social media ?
No. Because it's all for show. She's a chronic show off.

Reactions: 13
I remember Susie Verrill was interviewed on Alison Perry’s ‘Not Another Mummy Podcast’ back in 2017 (the episode is still available). Funnily enough, they worked together at ‘Look’ (along with Erica Davies, and I think, Hannah Gale), and Alison actually says on the podcast that she thought Susie didn’t like her, and Susie says it probably seemed that way but she was just young and it was the way she came across.

Anyway, they discuss the infamous ‘mum blogger’ thread on another very popular parenting website a few years back, where some Instamums were criticised, mainly about not declaring ads (though not really Susie - she was spoken about pretty favourably then). Clemmie Telford’s kids’ looks were criticised, which is clearly not on EVER, and Susie said she was angry, so waded in on the conversation, commenting on the thread in their defence. It seems incredibly hypocritical now given that she took issue with someone being nasty about one person’s child but around this time, thought it perfectly acceptable to pass comments (masquerading as deeply unfunny jokes) on disabled children. But then, those disabled children weren’t kids of Instamums, so perhaps that seemed absolutely fine to her?!

She was also very vocal again about how judgmental other parents can be with her and online in general, and how she disliked the judgement. But she always seemed very judgmental and rather condescending to me. That this was recorded around the time those tweets were sent (or surely before) really is appalling.

And she discussed the comments about Milo being dressed ‘like a girl’ and how horrible it all was. I remember that as I’d completely missed it at the time.

Worth a listen. She didn’t come across particularly well then, in my opinion. I’d be interested to know what Alison Perry REALLY thought of her...

Reactions: 15
F**king hell I was expecting one clumsy tweet but they are endless and shocking. Are we sure she's not a member of the BNP.
I bet everyone who denounces tattle are here right now getting the updates

Reactions: 19
Do you think the other influencers could be trying to get their head around things before they comment? If they are actually friendly, it must be quite a shock?
They obviously NEED to say something, it cannot go ignored, I’m just wondering if they are trying to work out how to best address and voice it?

Reactions: 1
She posted a photo on her grid last week of her 'ugly' crying ( as she does 🙄) about racism ....but making it all about her and just jumping on the social media bandwagon
oh no that’s not what I was referring to. I was talking about the incident last year involving mocking religious head coverings.
There was initially a tantrum about people calling her racist, then when she realised it wasn’t going away there was an apology and a promise to “do better”.

Reactions: 4
To be fair I don't follow her. I just know of her.
Hopefully she will speak out against the hatred against disabled children that Susie has projected
Much like not expecting women of colour to have to expend their emotional resources on Susan, I don’t think we should necessarily expect the mothers of differently abled children to comment. We all know what she has said is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just musing here - is the onus on your friends to speak out on Instagram? That’s a bit performative too isn’t it? If it came out that one of my mates had been such a twit it wouldn’t cross my mind to take to facebook to distance myself. Professional relationships are different and I suppose that may be how we classify these Insta friendships.
MOD it was different as she was racist to a specific named person who they also all knew - I think the onus was possibly then on them to say publically that Clem was a dick.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Greg post several days ago ‘I’m disabling comments because I’m just making a statement’ bullllllllsh*t 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Much like not expecting women of colour to have to expend their emotional resources on Susan, I don’t think we should necessarily expect the mothers of differently abled children to comment. We all know what she has said is wrong.
Very true! It's not their duty to out Susie x

Reactions: 4
What happened with MOD? I really wanna know . I didn't follow her but I remember there being lots of solidarity with everyone to speak out against her...

Was MOD creul and nasty about black people too? X

What happened with MOD? I really wanna know . I didn't follow her but I remember there being lots of solidarity with everyone to speak out against her...

I think there are some actual press articles about it if you Google. Obviously there are lots of threads about her but an article would give you a good summary to start with.

Reactions: 2

She made a fake profile on here- Aliceinwanderlust- and slagged off lots of the instamums, made a racist comment about Candice Brathwaite, and referred to her husband as a "class A twit". If you Google, there are numerous news articles.

Reactions: 2
It goes to show that having a blue tick doesn’t make you famous. Either the media are protecting her right now (from mass outrage) or they literally don’t care because she is a nobody.

My opinion, for anyone who cares is that Susie tries the act like she is the same page as 99% of the mums (and dads) out there struggling to get by, but she looks down on everybody because her partner can jump far. She is a nobody and she clearly lives a sad lonely life. Greg will be on every show he can be in the next couple of years to hold on to the fame! Even the kid crashing his interview was set up to get attention.

Reactions: 14
I shared something of Susie's about 18 months ago regarding co-sleeping. It was in stories and someone had asked me I knew any advocates. A lovely lady I know - in real life - asked me how I knew Susie and I said I didn't but I knew of her via Instagram (I unfollowed her many moons ago as something about her niggled me). Anyway, my friend admitted she worked with SV on Nuts magazine "back in the day" and that she was "quite the character then". There was a suggestion she wasn't very well liked and that she pleased herself.
Her cosleeping advice was dangerous. I messaged her to suggest she referred to the Safe Sleep 7 guidelines which encourage safe cosleeping from the Lullaby Trust/La Leche League. Got blocked.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.