Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MotherPukka won’t comment now as she has just announced delayed maternity leave and that she is shutting down all her social media

• Wow
Reactions: 3
FFS. Greg has just done another video on their homestead chickens.

"I'm gonna show them that we're not afraid Susie!! We just won't tell them when we kill off the ugly ones!"
Ok. I really intensely dislike FoD and feel he threw Clem under a bus (not that she didn't deserve it) but even he had a few days of radio silence followed by a "reflective post"... Greg has made sure the entire bus depot is lined up for Susie... wtaf?? At least just stay silent!!!

Reactions: 8
I don’t find a single thing about any of it hilarious
You know what, you’re right & actually, I take back that comment. I’m just so entirely gobsmacked by the whole situation, it would seem unbelievable if I didn’t know better. But hilarious was a poor choice of word & I apologise for that.

Reactions: 12
Susie will be wondering how to move forward from all this. She can, she can rehabilitate herself by learning about her past mistakes, educating herself about her white privilege and actively making a difference in the way she raises her sons.

But she can’t do so in the public eye. Not while making money as an influencer. She has, for so long, been afforded the privilege of being a person of interest and influence through her use of social media. She chose to abuse that over a sustained period of time. So no more influencing for you Susie. That’s over. (I know she is reading this) You can keep your D list fiancé, he clearly adores you. You can keep your D list mates, I’m sure Judge Rinder will stand by you. But you can’t get paid for selling us your lifestyle because something is rotten in the state of Denmark (you’ve got the A* at A Level, you tell me how to interpret that) and your privileges have been revoked.

So what are you going to do now?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I noticed Lucie and the bump had liked the posts SV posted. I wonder if she realised the extent of the tweets including mocking the deaf and disabled children with her son being deaf.

Reactions: 4
Wee slices post is bullshit. I messaged her before she posted saying how disappointed I was that she had liked the post!
She chose to like it even though susie had openly admitted to being racist. Which may I add, was only posted because she had been outed. Absolute load of rubbish! An apology isn’t an apology if you continuously bring it round to how it affected you and have been told to do so by your agent. That’s damage limitation!

Absolutely love kisscub. Best account on Insta, kind, compassionate, informative and inclusive. Grace also speaks up on every single issue that needs a voice and it's always genuine and well expressed with intelligence and honestly.

Shame on those other white woke women who didn't comment or are only commenting now. We all know why they didn't want to comment. I don't blame Candice for not commenting, black women do not have to clear up this tit (even though I despise CB wholly).

This has been shameful and outing for not only Susan. If you follow Susan, have a reasonably large following, and have been posting blm links the past week then you should have unfollowed straight away, spoke up, addressed your fake wokeness and then gone away to have a really long hard think about your white privilege and fragility.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Susie will be wondering how to move forward from all this. She can, she can rehabilitate herself by learning about her past mistakes, educating herself about her white privilege and actively making a difference in the way she raises her sons.

But she can’t do so in the public eye. Not while making money as an influencer. She has, for so long, been afforded the privilege of being a person of interest and influence through her use of social media. She chose to abuse that over a sustained period of time. So no more influencing for you Susie. That’s over. (I know she is reading this) You can keep your D list fiancé, he clearly adores you. You can keep your D list mates, I’m sure Judge Rinder will stand by you. But you can’t get paid for selling us your lifestyle because something is rotten in the state of Denmark (you’ve got the A* at A Level, you tell me how to interpret that) and your privileges have been revoked.

So what are you going to do now?

I dunno Greg always looks pretty fed up of her tit.
He has to drive her everywhere too.

Reactions: 1
To be honest I initially thought she was accepting and owning her white privilege, her mistakes and her racism and saying she’d do better. It’s not my place to accept that explanation but it did seem a number of PoC questioned her and her motives. But I can see why initially a lot of the larger (white) accounts didn’t get involved or liked the post thinking she was going to pursue real change and that she was going to educate herself. Perhaps even that she was doing the right thing by acknowledging her mistakes. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong, just that I can understand why many didn’t immediately become involved. Remember many will only have seen her explanation of what she’d said and not the tweets themselves.

I think it’s her subsequent actions, the fact she clearly downplayed what she had said and the opinions she held, and the volume and vitriol of the tweets that became confirmation that she is an unkind, deeply prejudiced person who doesn’t appear to have actually owned or even care about what she’s done.

Reactions: 6
More responses are coming out.
love that she goes onto say it’s not right to bully her regardless of what she’s done and we all duck up. There’s some white apologist tit there.

She didn’t duck up, she was VILE about a number of minority groups over a sustained period of time for lols. & she’s not being bullied, she’s being held to account. Good lord.

Reactions: 13
Being cynical, from a PR POV I think Susie bailed too early. If she’d stayed, kept apologising, kept learning, she could have recovered.
Leaving insta feels more a like a tantrummy flounce. Which I think belies her true character.
Tbh I don’t want to live in a shame culture where there is no redemption or way back from something you’ve done, barring the most heinous crime. Susie, despite being a sanctimonious prick, has done some good stuff where she is able and she did post. I don’t think there was a right way that she could have addressed the issue and pleased everyone, because the tweets were so awful, but I think if she’d stayed around, apologised further, did more work she would have shown she was truly sorry and regretful. She cashed out too early.

Reactions: 30
totally messed up quoting there but YES it does feel like a “well they just don’t get my edgy humour” flounce

Reactions: 2
I love Susiebluesyyy. Long time follower.

I wonder if she’ll come back? How can she? Maybe she’ll have to stay away a la MOD.

What did Weeslice do?

Weeslice was involved in her own racist scandal last year. Let’s not just forgive and forget.

We agree Susie can’t have changed in 6 years, how can Weeslice have changed in a year?
She posted a photo on her grid last week of her 'ugly' crying ( as she does 🙄) about racism ....but making it all about her and just jumping on the social media bandwagon

Being cynical, from a PR POV I think Susie bailed too early. If she’d stayed, kept apologising, kept learning, she could have recovered.
Leaving insta feels more a like a tantrummy flounce. Which I think belies her true character.
Tbh I don’t want to live in a shame culture where there is no redemption or way back from something you’ve done, barring the most heinous crime. Susie, despite being a sanctimonious prick, has done some good stuff where she is able and she did post. I don’t think there was a right way that she could have addressed the issue and pleased everyone, because the tweets were so awful, but I think if she’d stayed around, apologised further, did more work she would have shown she was truly sorry and regretful. She cashed out too early.
This is so balanced and yes, redemption must always be an option and if the conversation about Black Lives Matter includes a part about listening and learning and acting, then people must be allowed to do that - but it needs to be managed right.

i followed her years ago because I am a big sports fan and liked Greg, I noticed a change in tone I didn’t really a few years back - a superiority, mean girlness, a pride in ‘not being like the rest of you Jo Shmos” which I can’t bear in any writing. I think she became a cocky, silly little girl with notions about herself. The historical Tweets reveal something else altogether.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.