Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@PepsiCherry you will love this thread!!
I've been reprimanded on another thread while talking about bloggers from Limerick (ROI) so really nice to see this thread.

What was i told off for? I literally only just discovered the Harry Potter movies ( I know I know 🤭🤭) and got lifted big time by another poster,but in my defence things took a tit show turn with covid here in Ireland and locally and your one Sineads Curvy Style was boring and I was isolating so feeling a wee bit lonesome BUT I got given out to...this thread is an awesome idea 💡 👏 👌

Another reason love the idea of this thread is I get sick a lot..reoccurring UTI'S..have had sepsis the past 12 months icu admission for 5 weeks and other bladder issues..went through chemo and numerous other avenues but at the end of the day coming on here was the ONLY thing that was positive in my life. Where I felt accepted.
Tonight St.Stephens night had to go to out of hours emergency docs..either him or the hospital another uti and was progressing rapidly so got my meds antibiotics pain meds anti nausea meds but also gave me some quentiapine very low dosage as I'm not staying asleep at night...I wake up thinking I'm back in icu..I know posters earlier mentioned quentiapine and how great they found it so I'm praying tonight I get some relief.

Thank you for this thread 😘😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Can I ask, those that have/had therapy did yous go private or go through GP?
I only ask because I'm thinking of starting it again.
I've had therapy before and half way through, the therapist moved and I wasn't assigned a new one, (this was some years ago) it took a lot to open up to her and kinda feel like it will happen again. However because I've lived with trauma my whole life, I've kinda shut it out and got on with it, but actually realising it affects my daily life a bloody lot especially lately.
I also feel if I were to tell someone the life I've lived, they'd be questioning how I was stil going because I ask that question alot myself and that is what is putting me off going and asking for help again.
I chose to go private with psychotherapy, because the 6-week thing of CBT with the NHS didn't help me at all. To me it felt like tacking a plaster on top of a gaping wound. I still am undergoing psychotherapy with this therapist and have been doing it for nearly 3 years now (I haven't got a session this week and I feel quite anxious about it). I had a lot happen to me and never really processed it, until the mask I'd been wearing for years (since I was a teenager) slipped 4 years ago and I spent a year spiralling/trying to keep my head above water before my brother told me about this therapist. I relate so much to you shutting it out and getting on with things, because that's what I did and the breaking point came for me when I was in a very emotionally abusive relationship that ended badly. I didn't ever have a sense of self and most of the time I was going through the motions - on the surface no one ever guessed how much pain I was in or how depressed, desperately unhappy and hopeless I was. I was a high performer (and I still am) - I've only started opening up/writing about and expressing my inner self since April this year.

You can always open up and talk about the question of how you're still going with a therapist, if you decide to go back into it, because they are there to guide and help you through pain, trauma etc. and emotionally hold you. Have you tried things like journaling or writing letters to your younger self? Those are things I do with my therapist and it was a good starting point that helped me to make sense of things while being in the midst of emotional chaos. I also found that the Blurt Foundation has brilliant resources (free) to help and they have a monthly buddy box full of cute things to help soothe and comfort yourself or loved ones. It's a fantastic charity. MH is a journey. Healing isn't linear but things will feel lighter and emotionally gentler. You taking the first step to think about going to therapy again itself is massive and a sign of how courageous you are. To quote from a much loved childhood book of mine: "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." — Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh 🌺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you for all your incredible advice. I would delete but I don't know how ha. Thank God its anonymous xx

Can I delete my posts? Please? I'm not sure how to do it. I'd love to keep my posts on other pages but my friend has discovered Tattle xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Thank you for all your incredible advice. I would delete but I don't know how ha. Thank God its anonymous xx

Can I delete my posts? Please? I'm not sure how to do it. I'd love to keep my posts on other pages but my friend has discovered Tattle xx
Been thinking of you and hoping you’re okay xx

If you report your posts and request that they’re deleted, admin will delete I think x

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Hi hunni... If you report them and give a reason such as too much personal information.. Admin will delete x

Just click on the Report button bottom left hand side of the post you would like deleted x

Hey lovely , as the others have said if you report the posts you want to delete they should disappear.

I hope things have improved for you over the last few days , doesn't sound like a very good situation for you to have been in.
Could be a generation thing and the way he was brought up that the women would be at home , some folk find it hard to see past their own needs and can make it impossible for them to sit down and find solutions for problems.

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good day.

Just a random one , I'm.struggling a bit with my 5 and 3 year olds behaviour. On a whole they are good kids , but just don't listen ! I know it's their age and they are testing boundaries etc ..but some days I flip my lid and shout ,which I hate doing!!

I'm reading more about gentle parenting and just wondering if any of you lovelies have any recommendations on books/websites to help get me started on my journey to being a calmer parent all round.x

• Heart

Just a random one , I'm.struggling a bit with my 5 and 3 year olds behaviour. On a whole they are good kids , but just don't listen ! I know it's their age and they are testing boundaries etc ..but some days I flip my lid and shout ,which I hate doing!!

I'm reading more about gentle parenting and just wondering if any of you lovelies have any recommendations on books/websites to help get me started on my journey to being a calmer parent all round.x
I will follow this closely i hoep someone can help as i am right on the edge too especially this past few months

Been thinking of you and hoping you’re okay xx

If you report your posts and request that they’re deleted, admin will delete I think x
I wish there was some way I could message you and thank you for your kindness.

But I know there isn't so thank you for your help xxx

• Heart

This one is good

Attachments

• Heart
Hello lovely people!

I didn't want to comment on the Hinch thread as veering off topic but wanted to answer @moominflower 's question from earlier and to see how you are? 🤗

No - I haven't had Covid (luckily but I've been living indoors for what seems an age!).

Oct 2020 after 2 years of being unwell and an X-ray I was given a heart scan. Long story short rushed to hospital, diagnosed at 48 with cardiomyopathy and heart failure! Horrible shock I'm not unhealthy I don't look 40+ I don't drink or smoke etc. I now have a tit load of meds and in Aug last year 3x rushed to hospital and last time ended up in resuscitation 😫 it was bloody awful.

So I'm having heart surgery next Friday and whilst it's not going to cure the big picture it should hopefully ease or stop my Supraventricular tachycardia episodes which are really scary and help prolong my life as cardiomyopathy can suddenly be fatal. I'm a bit of a nervous wreck and you guyyyssch on here are helping keep my spirits up! @Pollyanna263 😘 I will try once I can to get on line in hospital of course you have no idea how much coming on here helps! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello lovely people!

I didn't want to comment on the Hinch thread as veering off topic but wanted to answer @moominflower 's question from earlier and to see how you are? 🤗

No - I haven't had Covid (luckily but I've been living indoors for what seems an age!).

Oct 2020 after 2 years of being unwell and an X-ray I was given a heart scan. Long story short rushed to hospital, diagnosed at 48 with cardiomyopathy and heart failure! Horrible shock I'm not unhealthy I don't look 40+ I don't drink or smoke etc. I now have a tit load of meds and in Aug last year 3x rushed to hospital and last time ended up in resuscitation 😫 it was bloody awful.

So I'm having heart surgery next Friday and whilst it's not going to cure the big picture it should hopefully ease or stop my Supraventricular tachycardia episodes which are really scary and help prolong my life as cardiomyopathy can suddenly be fatal. I'm a bit of a nervous wreck and you guyyyssch on here are helping keep my spirits up! @Pollyanna263 😘 I will try once I can to get on line in hospital of course you have no idea how much coming on here helps! Xx
Oh my goodness, how scary for you.

I hope you’ve got good support around you? Practical and emotional (although we’ll help with that if you’re having a wobble ❤) xx

At least Soph is kicking off the farmyard now so you’ll be entertained this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh my goodness, how scary for you.

I hope you’ve got good support around you? Practical and emotional (although we’ll help with that if you’re having a wobble ❤) xx

At least Soph is kicking off the farmyard now so you’ll be entertained this week!
Thanks @Pollyanna263 you do a great job on here. I used to own/run a support forum/site with merchandise a few years ago and it's hard work but fun!

Yeah it's a bit much at times but I'm going to one of the best hospitals in the UK and they know what they're doing.
This Hinch car crash is very entertaining but god these threads move fast! Go for a kip or the loo and you miss pages or on to a new thread! Your eyes must hurt! 😵😄 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.