Support for anyone that needs to vent #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the language you use about him is interesting - he’s “confused” “withdrawn” he “needs” you etc. i also find your use of “being bled on by someone you didn’t cut” odd contrasted with you saying that you see you being together for a long time.

it seems like his previous relationship has done a number on you both - him obviously in terms of emotional impact, but you seem to be using it as the reasoning for all his behaviour. he isn’t broken and probably just needs to go at his own pace, if he’s retreating from you all the time then he probably isn’t ready for the level of connection that you want. your post is very much focused on what you want, but you need to be patient with him.

what happened with you ending it last time? and what made you think about “how much he needs you”? it isn’t a healthy dynamic to have/make a partner so dependent on you.

it sounds like you’re moving way ahead of him, with the language you use in your post, is he on the same page as you? what does he think? in what way does he make you feel unwanted? i think you need to be realistic about the pace he needs from you.
Totally agree with you on this. He might very well feel like he's being pushed too soon and that's why he clams up. There is nothing worse to an emotionally unavailable person than a person who is open and vulnerable with ease. Rather than feeling comfortable to open up it makes them feel even less worthy and more insecure. A partner should never need you for anything on a day-to-day level either. How old is he I wonder?

Reactions: 2
Just an update after my posts a few days ago 😊

I picked up my first ever anti depressant prescription this evening and hopefully I start feeling better in the next few months 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just an update after my posts a few days ago 😊

I picked up my first ever anti depressant prescription this evening and hopefully I start feeling better in the next few months 🙂
That’s great news - well done for taking that step, it’s not easy! I finally took the plunge doing the same in January and am so glad I did. Well done ❤

Reactions: 1
My birthday is this weekend and I didn't want to celebrate. I have been feeling especially down and withdrawn lately and I just don't feel like I have anything to celebrate. The girls insisted and so I asked for a lowkey girls night, just the 6 of us. I just cannot face another night out of me sitting among couples kissing and pawing at each other as the hours go on.
I can relate to this so much!!!
I've actually lost years worth of friendship because of this situation.
I had a close group of friends who ALWAYS brought their boyfriends along to girls nights. I was the only one in a long term relationship, but I always done things with the girls and didn't invite my boyfriend because why would I? It's girls night..
One got into a relationship, then the next then the next so on... It got to the point we couldn't even go for lunch/dinner without someone's boyfriend tagging along. Every single night out boyfriends came, even when we all agreed just a fun girls night. Couldn't even have a takeaway without them being there. It became constant. The last straw for me was when we went out for my birthday, we agreed GIRLS night so I obviously didn't invite my boyfriend (which is fine) they all showed up late with their boyfriends, then I realised they couldn't even do anything without a guy at their side. I told them how it made me feel and how much it was affecting our friendship group but they couldn't see any issues with it. They never spoke to me after it, years and years of friendship down the drain just like that.
It really hurt but looking back now I'm so glad it was cut off, I don't understand why people just switch when they get into a relationship and it's the be all or end all!!
I hope you're okay ❤❤

Reactions: 3
My rant is a bit of a self inflicted one. My partners had to borrow his sisters phone while his is being repaired and whilst I was helping set it up, I found all of her old text messages. Curiosity got the better of me and I have found lots and lots of texts of his sister and his sister in law talking about me. Saying some very, very hurtful things over the past 4 years including mocking my mental health. I really would like to confront them over these things but I am making myself look silly as I went looking through the texts. My partner says he wants to say something too but can’t as they’ll know I was reading the texts. It’s really hurt me as I help them out so much with childcare, dog care etc.

I know it is my own fault but I feel so upset by it all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My rant is a bit of a self inflicted one. My partners had to borrow his sisters phone while his is being repaired and whilst I was helping set it up, I found all of her old text messages. Curiosity got the better of me and I have found lots and lots of texts of his sister and his sister in law talking about me. Saying some very, very hurtful things over the past 4 years including mocking my mental health. I really would like to confront them over these things but I am making myself look silly as I went looking through the texts. My partner says he wants to say something too but can’t as they’ll know I was reading the texts. It’s really hurt me as I help them out so much with childcare, dog care etc.

Aw that's really awful! I can't imagine how you must feel, how horrible of them. I think you're right that they might try turn it round on you and say that you shouldn't have been reading the texts but then the sister should have cleared the phone before giving it over! She'll have known that they were on there.

Perhaps you could just stop helping them with childcare, dog care etc. They've hurt you, and been slagging you off behind your back, yet they're still willing to accept your help? Don't do it for them!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aw that's really awful! I can't imagine how you must feel, how horrible of them. I think you're right that they might try turn it round on you and say that you shouldn't have been reading the texts but then the sister should have cleared the phone before giving it over! She'll have known that they were on there.

Perhaps you could just stop helping them with childcare, dog care etc. They've hurt you, and been slagging you off behind your back, yet they're still willing to accept your help? Don't do it for them!
I think that’s exactly what they’ll say. I said the same to my partner about clearing the phone, they’d have known they were on there, I know it would’ve been the first thing I would’ve done!

That’s what I’m going to do, if I’m some of the things they were saying on the messages, they wouldn’t want me around their kids! Unfortunately we have a few breaks away booked together, but I think it’s just going to have to be a case of biting my tongue🙄

• Sad

To be honest my attitude to this would be if she hasn't got the balls to say it to my face she isn't worth tit. What is it you were supposed to have done to warrant this anyway? I bet it's all really trivial and pathetic. I wouldn't confront her, just avoid her she'll realise soon enough and let that be a lesson not to snoop ever again for your own sake. You know what they say if you go looking, you'll always find something you don't like!

It’s a difficult one.. on the one hand “ignorance is bliss” and on the other, you’ve been doing all sorts of favours for them so it’s a slap in the face that they’ve been talking badly of you. I would take a step back, limit time with them and stop the favours. I wouldn’t dream of going on any holidays with them when they’ve said such hurtful things. You’re inevitably going to spend money on a trip you won’t enjoy because you’ll be on eggshells and looking out for telltale signs and scrutinising every conversation. If they ask why you’ve cancelled, completely own it and say “I shamelessly snooped on your phone, found your disgusting conversations and I don’t want to spend time with you”. You don’t owe them anymore than that.

Reactions: 9
Did an E consult yesterday at my doctors because I have a ear infection that rears its head ever so often. Waited all day yesterday, had a sleepless night due to pain last night only to get a call from the pharmacist just now to tell me they won't give me oral antibiotics just yet and have been given a spray to put in my ear, even after telling them that the spray on its own doesn't work and that oral antibiotics are needed (sometimes more than one course).

Their solution is to use the spray today and phone up tomorrow if i'm still in pain so they can prescribe the oral antibiotics. My doctors are awful to get in touch with and if i do another E consult I'll have to wait another 48 hours for someone to get in touch with me.

Not going to lie, I just had a cry at work at the thought of another sleepless night and the sheer amount of pain that I'm in at the moment

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Did an E consult yesterday at my doctors because I have a ear infection that rears its head ever so often. Waited all day yesterday, had a sleepless night due to pain last night only to get a call from the pharmacist just now to tell me they won't give me oral antibiotics just yet and have been given a spray to put in my ear, even after telling them that the spray on its own doesn't work and that oral antibiotics are needed (sometimes more than one course).

Their solution is to use the spray today and phone up tomorrow if i'm still in pain so they can prescribe the oral antibiotics. My doctors are awful to get in touch with and if i do another E consult I'll have to wait another 48 hours for someone to get in touch with me.

Not going to lie, I just had a cry at work at the thought of another sleepless night and the sheer amount of pain that I'm in at the moment
Oh poor you. Have they tried to find out why you get them? I know they don't like dishing out antibiotics but realistically about 4 doses a year, with a full course taken each time isn't going to start a resistance epidemic! If you need more than that you need a referral. Random I know, but when my ears play up I take out all my piercings and sleep on my back. Also take some strong pain (co-codamol if you have it with ibuprofen or you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together at maximum doses and keep them topped up every four hours). It might help relax you if nothing else. Don't try and force yourself to sleep either, just find the most relaxing things you can tolerate instead.

Oh poor you. Have they tried to find out why you get them? I know they don't like dishing out antibiotics but realistically about 4 doses a year, with a full course taken each time isn't going to start a resistance epidemic! If you need more than that you need a referral. Random I know, but when my ears play up I take out all my piercings and sleep on my back. Also take some strong pain (co-codamol if you have it with ibuprofen or you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together at maximum doses and keep them topped up every four hours). It might help relax you if nothing else. Don't try and force yourself to sleep either, just find the most relaxing things you can tolerate instead.
Its about twice a year I get them. I've tried taking the co-codamol and ibuprofen together but they wear off after 2 hours and I'm back to square one with the pain. The pharmacist told me to stay away from the co-codamol so now its just paracetamol and ibuprofen. I just can't stop crying it hurts so bad and I can't call in at work because I'm leaving soon and there is no one to cover me. I haven't eaten since yesterday because it hurts too much and puts pressure on my ear.

My hayfever was pretty bad at the weekend so I'm not sure if thats what set it off. I'm also on the highest strength hayfever tablets from the doctor

Its about twice a year I get them. I've tried taking the co-codamol and ibuprofen together but they wear off after 2 hours and I'm back to square one with the pain. The pharmacist told me to stay away from the co-codamol so now its just paracetamol and ibuprofen. I just can't stop crying it hurts so bad and I can't call in at work because I'm leaving soon and there is no one to cover me. I haven't eaten since yesterday because it hurts too much and puts pressure on my ear.

My hayfever was pretty bad at the weekend so I'm not sure if thats what set it off. I'm also on the highest strength hayfever tablets from the doctor
That's ridiculous then. Two doses is perfectly fine and if it works for you then they should just do it. Have you tried a nasal spray and antihistamine? If you have hayfever it will effect the nerves from your sinuses and ears making one or both far worse. I wouldn't worry about work, the more you stress the more pain you will feel. Just see how it goes tonight. You can't help being unwell. I use naproxen (on prescription but you can buy it over the counter) with co-codamol for back pain and it works really well.

That's ridiculous then. Two doses is perfectly fine and if it works for you then they should just do it. Have you tried a nasal spray and antihistamine? If you have hayfever it will effect the nerves from your sinuses and ears making one or both far worse. I wouldn't worry about work, the more you stress the more pain you will feel. Just see how it goes tonight. You can't help being unwell. I use naproxen (on prescription but you can buy it over the counter) with co-codamol for back pain and it works really well.
I'll have to get some Naproxen and see if that works. I'm exhausted, fed up and feel like the pharmacist didn't take me seriously even though I literally begged for the oral antibiotics on the phone. The last time I only got the spray I ended up in A&E as the infection had spread.

I'll have to get some Naproxen and see if that works. I'm exhausted, fed up and feel like the pharmacist didn't take me seriously even though I literally begged for the oral antibiotics on the phone. The last time I only got the spray I ended up in A&E as the infection had spread.
Mmm yeah don't do that then, just soldier on until you can get the antibiotics, but try Naproxen (that can't hurt). I feel for you, earache is one of those pains that is just relentless. ❤

• Heart
Has anyone had a CT scan with contrast?

My heart scan has come back clear, which is good; but now it means having a CT scan on my lungs.

My heart scan has come back clear, which is good; but now it means having a CT scan on my lungs.
Yes I have, please don’t worry about the contrast. They give you a juice to drink for an hour or so before it, that’s the most time consuming bit of the whole thing. They then put the contrast in via cannula. When it’s first put in it can give you a slight fluttery feeling and some people can get a feeling like they’ve wet themselves! The actual CT scan with the contrast is over very quickly, few minutes and your done. Good luck 💓

Yeah, many times. They put a cannula in your hand, you go in for the CT and the cannula is hooked up to a little machine beside you, they then get the machine to release the contrast while you are in the scanner. You sometimes get a metallic taste in your mouth and it can feel warm in your undies as if you’ve wet yourself but that sensation only last a second or two and it’s gone.

Reactions: 4
@Apple In My Pie (just wanted to let you know this thread is here, didn't want to tag it where you posted) it's fairly quiet on here and if you look back over the last couple of threads, you might see something similar another poster has shared, which might relate to you.

Didn't want you to feel alone x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.