Support for anyone that needs to vent #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I have felt a bit aggravated lately. I have fibromyalgia and it's something that annoys me all the time - some days more than others. I did treatment for it, and now it's about adjusting to life with it. I was having a conversation about it with someone I'd met up with for drinks, and he said that it mustn't be that bad because I look fine. I get told this a lot - that because I 'look fine' there isn't anything wrong with me. I didn't react the way I wanted to in the moment, because we were in public and I probably would have been arrested, but I ended up screaming into a pillow when I came home. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed of myself for doing that. I'm not sure what the aim of my post is: I'm just fed up of being told this, the fibro itself, how much of my life it changed, the recent hot weather in my city (because it causes flare-ups) and people's insensitivity
One of my friends has Fibro and I just want to give her a big hug when she has the flareups. I sympathise massively!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Had a phone consultation with a doctor from my local clinic and he was so rude, just made me feel so stupid. I rarely go to the doctor or ask for anything, the only thing I take is anti-d’s. Haven’t come looking for pain meds, antibiotics, certs etc…. my file is so minimal yet he made me feel like a complete scrounge. I have covid and just need a cert to follow work policy now he’s made me feel twice as tit for literally no reason.

• Sad
I feel like I’m sinking. Two ill parents, one terminal. Piss poor family dynamics (I’d go as far as to say dysfunctional), I binge eat to cope (except I’m not coping) and I can’t remember the last time I was happy. I mean truly happy.

I’ve always had shall we say shoddy mental health. GPs have been useless. I sobbed down the phone to the last one and begged for help. I was told to go out for a walk.

I’m lonely and I’m tired. I wish I had the guts to step off the world but I don’t. I feel trapped in this impossible life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I feel like I’m sinking. Two ill parents, one terminal. Piss poor family dynamics (I’d go as far as to say dysfunctional), I binge eat to cope (except I’m not coping) and I can’t remember the last time I was happy. I mean truly happy.

I’ve always had shall we say shoddy mental health. GPs have been useless. I sobbed down the phone to the last one and begged for help. I was told to go out for a walk.

I’m lonely and I’m tired. I wish I had the guts to step off the world but I don’t. I feel trapped in this impossible life.
Oh god I am so sorry. I know the feeling quite well. It’s not nice is it. I’m really not sure what there is out there. The Samaritans ? Does anyone know if they are helpful? Sounds like you could definitely use a shoulder to cry on. Do you have a best friend you can lean on? A listening ear does the world of good sometimes
I constantly feel alone and like I have no one and I’m drowning in my over draft 💔. Work is terrible and I just feel down day in day out.
I’m sorry the GP wasn’t helpful 😞😞

• Heart
Oh god I am so sorry. I know the feeling quite well. It’s not nice is it. I’m really not sure what there is out there. The Samaritans ? Does anyone know if they are helpful? Sounds like you could definitely use a shoulder to cry on. Do you have a best friend you can lean on? A listening ear does the world of good sometimes
I constantly feel alone and like I have no one and I’m drowning in my over draft 💔. Work is terrible and I just feel down day in day out.
I’m sorry the GP wasn’t helpful 😞😞
I have a boyfriend and I do have pals but I still feel 100% alone. I hate this life and this world.

I am sorry you feel rubbish too. I have no useful words for you I’m afraid, I wish I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I’m so sorry you’re going through this, life is so unfair at times

Have you maybe tried some mental health charities like mental health uk or Mind charity? It might help to get some advice from some one trained in that field instead of friends or boyfriend who may not understand?

Please don’t feel alone and please reach out for some support you don’t have to feel trapped

Sending lots of love xx

• Heart
I’m honestly furious at my siblings and about to jump off a very high cliff.

I flew from Dublin to where my family lives to meet the notary in charge of the estate following my dad’s death. My two siblings and I were meant to sign the paperwork to settle it once and for all. My highly narcissistic mother asked me to drop by her house during my short trip and I said I wouldn’t be able to as I was only traveling to sign the paperwork. She gave me a power of attorney, so she didn’t need to attend the meeting with the notary. I made it clear to my siblings I was not there to see her and only meant to attend the meeting and leave right after…

Then, as my brother was parking his car, I saw her in the car. As soon as the meeting finished, she was waiting in front of the notary’s door (dressed all black, with dirty black eyeliner on and her usual evil eyes). I didn’t expect to see her so I was absolutely shocked and petrified as I did not want to see her. My siblings never told me she was coming with.

Then she asked about the estate process and she started yelling at me in front of the notary’s office about some money she’s due from the bank and how she doesn’t understand we need to do some paperwork to transfer the property under her sole name (she was owning 50:50) with my dad.

Not only did she corner me and aggravated me, but the notary saw her when I had told them she wouldn’t attend hence the POA. When I told her she shouldn’t have come to the notary’s door as it contradicts what we told them (about her not being able to come), she started yelling and said she doesn’t understand “it’s not like the notary cares”. Then she started arguing, I then cut her off and said I know what I’m doing, if I need anything, I’ll liaise with my siblings.

I then told I had enough and left (with 200e less on my bank account , you’d think she’d say thank you to me for paying those fees).

I feel backstabbed by my siblings who brought her without telling me and her cornering me on the street when I’m tired, drained financially and mentally and only slept 5 hours in the last 48h.

I’m done. She’s insane and my siblings have no boundaries. I burst into tears after I left her standing because I honestly didn’t expect to see her evil spirit today.

No wonder my dad died of a heart attack so young. His soul has enough of her. I’m bending over and backwards and she yells at me on top of making me look like a liar in front of the notary.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

I flew from Dublin to where my family lives to meet the notary in charge of the estate following my dad’s death. My two siblings and I were meant to sign the paperwork to settle it once and for all. My highly narcissistic mother asked me to drop by her house during my short trip and I said I wouldn’t be able to as I was only traveling to sign the paperwork. She gave me a power of attorney, so she didn’t need to attend the meeting with the notary. I made it clear to my siblings I was not there to see her and only meant to attend the meeting and leave right after…

Then, as my brother was parking his car, I saw her in the car. As soon as the meeting finished, she was waiting in front of the notary’s door (dressed all black, with dirty black eyeliner on and her usual evil eyes). I didn’t expect to see her so I was absolutely shocked and petrified as I did not want to see her. My siblings never told me she was coming with.

Then she asked about the estate process and she started yelling at me in front of the notary’s office about some money she’s due from the bank and how she doesn’t understand we need to do some paperwork to transfer the property under her sole name (she was owning 50:50) with my dad.

Not only did she corner me and aggravated me, but the notary saw her when I had told them she wouldn’t attend hence the POA. When I told her she shouldn’t have come to the notary’s door as it contradicts what we told them (about her not being able to come), she started yelling and said she doesn’t understand “it’s not like the notary cares”. Then she started arguing, I then cut her off and said I know what I’m doing, if I need anything, I’ll liaise with my siblings.

I then told I had enough and left (with 200e less on my bank account , you’d think she’d say thank you to me for paying those fees).

I feel backstabbed by my siblings who brought her without telling me and her cornering me on the street when I’m tired, drained financially and mentally and only slept 5 hours in the last 48h.

I’m done. She’s insane and my siblings have no boundaries. I burst into tears after I left her standing because I honestly didn’t expect to see her evil spirit today.

No wonder my dad died of a heart attack so young. His soul has enough of her. I’m bending over and backwards and she yells at me on top of making me look like a liar in front of the notary.
I’ve notarized many, many documents. I’ve seen everything. If I was there, I would be totally conscious of the fact that we don’t get to choose our relatives and 100% would not be judging you as a liar for your mother turning up. Sending you hugs 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve notarized many, many documents. I’ve seen everything. If I was there, I would be totally conscious of the fact that we don’t get to choose our relatives and 100% would not be judging you as a liar for your mother turning up. Sending you hugs 🧡
Thank you so much for your perspective. Yeah, you’re probably right.

She didn’t need to make a scene and yell at me about a process she doesn’t understand and isn’t involved in.

She also did not respect my boundaries - I made it clear I was not there to see her and she forced an encounter despite the fact I told her I wasn’t there to see her nor did I have the time.

• Heart

I’m sorry that sounds awful. It’s weird she put you in the position of POA, by chance was this a way for her to get you to fly home? It sounds like she was trying to manipulate you. If possible I would give another sibling or the POA back if there’s any further dealings. I’m very sorry you had to go through this on top of your grief. I was no contact with my own mother for a year or two and she pulled some dirty tricks on me to get me to see her. It really breaks your heart

Don’t worry about the notary, they have seen it all and I’m sure at worse it looked like a daughter trying to help a clearly unravelling woman.

• Heart
Seriously.. at what point do you have to give in and go my marriage is over... ☹
Quite possibly when you reach the point of having to ask yourself that unfortunately.

It's a really hard decision to make. How unhappy are you? Have you tried everything? Talking, counselling, compromising etc. Are you at the point of being completely exhausted with trying etc.

Sorry things are hard for you at the moment 🤍

• Heart
Quite possibly when you reach the point of having to ask yourself that unfortunately.

It's a really hard decision to make. How unhappy are you? Have you tried everything? Talking, counselling, compromising etc. Are you at the point of being completely exhausted with trying etc.

Sorry things are hard for you at the moment 🤍
thing is my husband is so stubborn he never actually admits that he is in the wrong! He snaps after asking the most simple questions, he puts me down constantly and there is never any encouragement.

I was off sick the other month due to stress and his reaction was 'so you say you were'.
To be honest I've felt like this for ages.. I'm trying for sake of my two girls but I kind of wonder if it will be better on our own, which scares me to death!

I'm so tired and worn down from everything!
Thank you for being so kind

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
thing is my husband is so stubborn he never actually admits that he is in the wrong! He snaps after asking the most simple questions, he puts me down constantly and there is never any encouragement.

I was off sick the other month due to stress and his reaction was 'so you say you were'.
To be honest I've felt like this for ages.. I'm trying for sake of my two girls but I kind of wonder if it will be better on our own, which scares me to death!

I'm so tired and worn down from everything!
Thank you for being so kind
I wish I could suggest something that coukd help. It's incredibly frustrating to try and solve things with someone who will never accept any responsibility for causing the problem, especially when they also make you feel so under appreciated.

If it helps at all, sometimes things can be better on your own!

• Heart
I wish I could suggest something that coukd help. It's incredibly frustrating to try and solve things with someone who will never accept any responsibility for causing the problem, especially when they also make you feel so under appreciated.

If it helps at all, sometimes things can be better on your own!
thank you for replying at all! Honestly it's so appreciated

• Heart
I feel your pain @bookworm1210 - it as only one day when I woke up and realised I couldn’t stand another 40 years plus of ground hog day that me & the kids needed better.

it was tough but we THRIVED together out of the toxic environment. 10 years plus on - we are do close!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel your pain @bookworm1210 - it as only one day when I woke up and realised I couldn’t stand another 40 years plus of ground hog day that me & the kids needed better.

it was tough but we THRIVED together out of the toxic environment. 10 years plus on - we are do close!!!
love this, thanks for sharing!!

Seriously.. at what point do you have to give in and go my marriage is over... ☹
I’m sorry to hear you are at this point.

I’ve recently asked myself the same ‘when is enough enough?’ question and walked away. It’s hard but it’s easier than being dragged down by another person. Take care of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.