Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jjeett

Chatty Member
I remember Jess saying years ago that she doesn't respond to comments as she can't respond to them all so would rather respond to none as it's fair... But I really think she has time to. I know it's petty but I do find it a bit snobby when youtubers don't reply to any comments at all

Reactions: 13
And to that girl who came to share her stories from UNI, yes you should be feeling guilty, especially since you know she doesn't flaunt her privilege or doesn't act snob. that was totally uncalled for. And she left the boxes on the kitchen? LOL then her fucking housemates could have said something about it to Jess themselves instead of complaining to you. ffs people are so immature.
LOL. This is a gossip forum am I supposed to sing her praises instead?? She flaunted how hardworking she was on YouTube when that was a complete lie.
Where in my post did I say her flatmates hadn’t spoken to her about being dirty? Sorry but if a person is incredibly lazy/unclean around a shared flat despite being warned then her friends are rightfully going to complain about it to others 😂

• Sick
  • Heart

Sunburnsjess

I honestly don’t understand what her and Zak do all day. In this newest vlog she basically admits they’re just at home all the time and it sounds like they don’t do much work at all?! How is this a full time job for both of them? They’re both young and seemingly intelligent... how is this life at all fulfilling for them? And yeah I agree that her deleting the pregnancy book on goodreads is a dead giveaway.

lurker419

Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned.
My thoughts exactly. On the one hand, women can be subject to criticism for being “gold diggers” or marrying for money. But it’s far more conventionally acceptable and traditionally seen as “natural” for women to be financially and otherwise dependent.

Personally, I feel like how a few people here (not all) have questioned the “dynamic” between Jess and Zak can reflect outdated stereotypes/expectations that men should be the breadwinners who provide for the woman in the relationship.

I think it’s sensible to criticize Zak’s career choices as it’s relevant to him as an individual person, but there are certain ways (again, not to dismiss all criticisms) of judging on the basis of their relationship that rely on gender norms that really don’t do anyone any good.

star_star

I would not judge Zak so quickly. We know nothing about him. I don't know why (I might be totally wrong) he gives me broken home vibes. He might crave home life and family connection. It might give him a lot of pleasure to have family members to care for. From what we've seen Jesse's family treats him like a close family member and I think he might be loving his life status right now.

coriander

VIP Member
It's absolutely possible to have a career and a baby and nobody's life has to stop because they have children, but it's blatantly obvious that she hasn't got the drive or work ethic and is even more unlikely with a child.

coriander

VIP Member
Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned. At least he keeps out of her channel, I hate when youtubers boyfriends/husbands decide it’s going to be a shared channel when it’s something she’s worked on for years before alone.

Not sure when he quit his job, but perhaps when she found out she was pregnant they both decided to split the load of parenting and work and that’s why he now works for her?
Yeah I'd feel the same about it if the genders were reversed, if they're being bankrolled by the other half's parent.

eilidhh

Literally sprung out my seat and came running to get my laptop to come here! I can't believe this forum called it!

niogkjd

People can't choose to give birth however they feel most comfortable - only if you have money can you really choose.
C sections always have their own problems too - internal scarring / pain / organs attaching and sticking to the scarring they are not the easy long term option. What i meant was a lot of pregnant people want c sections to avoid the trauma of a v birth, the very possible bladder / bowl problems from v births, not to mention stretching and the vagina / vulva not going back to how it was before and the effect on intimacy etc but are denied it and made to go through a traumatic natural birth - if you pay you can have more or less anything you want.

She will be coasting through this thanks to her familys money that enabled her to earn a lot on YouTube / insta. Just like she will hire nannies so she can carry on being lazy and self indulgent but will lap up adulation for "doing so well" or "doing it herself" will harp on about being tired needing a nap (while nanny does the grunt work) and being busy plageriseing other people's goodreads reviews.

Thank you my loves.
you really seem to have a deep seeded almost jealous but not willing to admit it thing against Jess. Most of these comments are pretty just factual or questioning other random choices. Such as her not working. But a theoretical choice to have a c section and critising her because you don’t like her is fairly hilarious. I don’t know about the UK but here in Australia more money does not equal more choice for a c section or not, the only cost is a private hospital.

Critizise someone’s work ethic or lack there of. But criticising a women for making a choice on how she wants to give birth (and she hasn’t said anything to suggest one way or the other) is pretty low.

• Heart

Smca53

VIP Member
I'm half expecting her to just pop up in a few months with a "we had a baby" insta post 😂
I have wondered if they’re keeping quiet because they’re so ~creative~ and intend to film the pregnancy and release some arty video once baby is born, Kylie Jenner style.

• Haha
  • Sick

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
guys come on!
i know all of us here were fans of jess at some point, probably watching her uni vlogs in edinburgh. but she can't stay like that forever to keep our expectations! and also to be fair, no matter how much she vlogged, she was always quite private about certain things so i don't feel like we really know her (i mean of course we don't know her 😂 )
i think it's sad to see that some people are disappointed in her, or wanted more from her potential, or think that she can't do some things now because she's expecting. i don't have children and i don't plan to have them in the near future so i may not be the one to comment, but the choice of what she ends up doing is up to her isn't it! i have a friend who gave birth to one child at the beginning of uni, and her other child by the end of uni. she finished the bachelors, masters and is now doing a phd + working! and her husband is working as well! at least jess will have some help from zak (and he does seem to be rather helpful around the house)
and yes maybe the comments would be different if she wasn't a rich white girl, but my friend that i mentioned is by no means rich and everyone was very supportive of her. there will always be both negative and positive comments
anyway, sorry for the rant, don't mean to offend anyone, i just think she still has so much life ahead of her, and i'm genuinely happy for her not just because of the pregnancy but also because of her mom :)
I think you’re missing the point. Lots of people have babies young & go on to do loads.
Jess is fairly lazy as it is, so I don’t think she’ll be one of those people based on what we’ve seen so far & I’m disappointed for her because I feel if she pushed herself a bit more she’d be happier & get more out of life. I’ve no doubt this baby will bring her great joy but without the baby she might have pushed herself a bit more whereas now she can tell herself but I have a baby so I can’t do X.

bad_wolf

lol and the irony here is they spend their mondays "planning" for the rest of the week. they don't actually do any work 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

imagine doing this i just cannot lmao

Why is it always the privileged influencers that never worked a day in their life that post stuff like this? The holier than thou “Oh y’all hate Monday’s? Well I happen to like them 😌”. Yeah, that’s cause you never not once had to start a 5 day work week on a Monday, doll. Your Monday consists of getting a manicure and reading for 10 hours.

• Haha

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Currently watching her video, she looks very happy, good for her! It's also great that her mom has been responding well to treatments too!

I'm a bit sceptical about her decisions to live at her mom's ever after having the baby... don't know how big the house is and how isolated they can be, but personally I would feel bad to bring a baby (who will be crying at nights etc) into the home of a cancer patient who also needs a calm environment to rest. It's not like she doesn't have the means to rent her own place for a few months...
I think this is quite harsh. If everything continues as it is going then her mum might not be receiving any treatment by March. I'm sure her mum would like having her granddaughter around as much as possible.

Their house is huge.

Marie_10

Honestly I'm baffled if she's pregnant. Their house is nowhere near ready so if she is I don't think it was planned. I feel a bit bad if she didn't think it would show on her goodreads though, I almost feel guilty gossiping about such a private topic if it was meant to be a secret. She reads a ton of diverse books so perhaps this was just curiosity, but her deleting it makes me think that it's truly happening.

It's funny because while watching her latest vlog I was wondering if Zack would soon propose to her or if they wanted to get married in the near future. They have been dating for quite a long time and somehow their relationship still feels new to me, probably because we never really see them together and they keep their relationship private.

It's kind of funny when you think about how much speculating we're doing when the reality is, we don't really know Jess at all. She has always kept her audience at an arms length (although she definitely opened up more during her uni years). I made a comment a long time ago on GuruGossip about how Jess and Zak could be married for all we know and just never told us. I don't actually think that is the case, but you get my point. She is so incredibly private, I'm not surprised in the least that she isn't sharing her pregnancy.

• Heart

fanxy

This seems so random to me, not gonna lie. I guess in my mind I still thought of her as a really young uni student since she hasn't done much since her uni days - no real career/job/big project other than the 2 videos a month and some sponsored posts, same hair, same outfits, same bedroom.

Reactions: 12

ECH

VIP Member
I actually quite liked her newest vlog. It did feel like she's got some of her spark back.

Nova

VIP Member
You've hit the nail on the head. I guess Jess wants to been as different from the usual very upper class. Maybe she wants to be seen as edgy and cool? It always confused me as her appearance always contradicted her lifestyle. Excessive tattoos especially are general not seen in her social circle. Stereotypically tattoos are seen on blue collar workers i.e. the working class.
I think the days of those stereotypes are long gone.

hannah123

VIP Member
Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned. At least he keeps out of her channel, I hate when youtubers boyfriends/husbands decide it’s going to be a shared channel when it’s something she’s worked on for years before alone.

Not sure when he quit his job, but perhaps when she found out she was pregnant they both decided to split the load of parenting and work and that’s why he now works for her?