Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lurker419

It's always great to continue learning, but honestly it would be ridiculous if she’s considering going back to uni full time for a science-related degree when she's 26 and she's never had a job (other than Youtube). She should just keep learning casually on the side whilst she figures out what to do with her life. Maybe it's harsh, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when she talked about going into the sciences at university level. To me it just sounds like more putting off/procrastinating choosing a career path by turning to the only thing she knows - school.

I also agree with the comment above me; casual science courses are fairly accessible, but there comes a point when pretty extensive proficiency in maths is required. Definitely not an easy thing for someone like her who probably hasn't done any math since high school.

To be clear though, I don't think there's such a thing as being too old to go back to school to retrain, and I think more people should enjoy learning for the sake of learning and becoming more knowledgeable. But in Jess's case, it definitely doesn't sound like she has an end goal in mind to potentially going back to uni at some point other than to pass time because she’s bored and doesn’t want to get a “real” job.

Reactions: 16

half_pint

Again, I just don't think she has it in her to make it as an academic. It's a tough market, and some of my friends with PhDs who are the most driven people who have started businesses at uni and been president of loads of clubs and societies are turning away from academia because it's just too hard to make it. Jess never does anything but her academics-I can't imagine her speaking at conferences or doing much extra stuff alongside her PhD, which is what gets you the job at the end of it.
Jess would NEVER make it in academia lol. She could be the smartest person ever but she doesn't have the drive or work ethic to be in that field (or any field for that matter). I remember back when one of her most highly requested videos was a ring collection and she took forever to film it because she had a "cool idea for how she wanted to edit it" then realized it took too much work and ended up just making a sit down video showing her rings. She has no drive to put hard work into anything, I still don't understand why people think she's a hard worker? She's one of the laziest Youtubers out there and that's saying a lot since most of them are as lazy as they come.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Ok so I’m gonna pop the love in bubble happening here 😂 sorry.

looks like dead beat dad of they year Zack, is the new Jason (Sami Maria’s ex)
The lad can’t hold down a job, I don’t have high hopes for him in parenthood.

jess seems shocked she’s pregnant, god only knows how she’s cope with a new born and YouTube when she can’t manage to juggle reading a book and YouTube. 🤷‍♀️
But they’ll probably have endless amounts of help.

And her bull crap about not rushing renovations on the new house due to
Covid.
No Jess. There was no covid 18 months ago, laziness in not a pandemic

sweetpeaxx

I honestly would have never linked the pumpkin to her possible pregnancy if it wasn't for the comments here, however the number "22" written on it does make me wonder what it is related to. If she only wanted to write an address to the house, why not 31 or something truly halloween related? Plus the fact that it matches with the timeline... Idk!
I thought 22 might simply be their new address?

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
I believe she sees herself as a future Sammi Jefcoate, a cool mum (to use her favourite adjective), minus the fantastic sense of style.

With her new channel direction, undisclosed ads, and her sad book reviews stolen from Goodreads, I think I'll finally unsubscribe. I found the pregnancy speculation entertaining, but beyond that, her channel doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Last edited:

elsa_1993

Who ever went to her latest vid an congratulated her on possibly being pregnant - Thats so fucked up.

consumerism makes u free

From what I saw they were always on her "what i got for my bday/xmas" videos. People constantly telling her she's selfish, tone-deaf, reminding her that there's people out there that are less fortunate etc... I really hate that whole narrative, Jessie's parents buying her expensive presents isn't the reason poverty exists.
Yet at the same time other things she has featured in her videos imply extreme wealth but theyre accepted and encouraged. Like her family trip to India looked to cost tens of thousands of dollars. Her privilege is all over everything, but it's only obejectionable to show when it's a handbag or something... then its beyond the pale and offensive. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: 15

palmer

Chatty Member
It's the spoilt approach to her 'influencer career' where she's doing the bare minimum needed to collect paychecks, freebies, and attention at her leisure but isn't respectful enough of her following who made this bullshit possible to be direct with them about her intentions. She doesn't owe her following a revelation about her pregnancy, but everything else is pretty low-integrity bullshit. Obviously no one is obligated to view her videos or social media but I find it a pretty shabby way to treat a following. If I were rich and educated like her, I would have fucked off of the internet, rather than putting out blatant anti-content just to keep myself semi-relevant in what's becoming a pretty universally reviled 'career'. Her level of participation makes it crystal clear how transactional this all is and diminishes the viewership experience - you know you're just being bought and sold with your click and getting about zero in return at this point.
This 🙌 Couldn't have said it better.

--

I really do think she is pregnant and the more I think about it, the more sense I actually think it makes. Her mom had her very young too--even younger than Jess is now. I could see her being of the mindset that she really enjoyed having a young mom growing up and now she wants to recreate this family model. They've got the huge house (sure, it's not ready, but they've got it); they've got the money; they've got the time (more than enough); and most importantly they've got no other purpose or aspirations that we know of (no career plans or anything). I can see how she would rationalize having a baby now. Zak's sister also has kids already.

I said this a while ago on this thread but I really think she's going to wait till after the baby is born to say anything (and when she does I think it'll be very understated). Even after she has the baby I doubt she'll share much of it. She already doesn't show us anything relating to her boyfriend, parents, siblings, friends, other relatives...so I really don't expect her to start with her baby. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's 100% fair enough to not want to share your private life online but then why pursue this career? At least be honest and tell your viewers exactly what this is to you. Don't hide 99% of your life from us only to then come at us with your "Hi my loves 💓" and pretend like you actually have a personal connection with your audience.

I would agree with the whole "pregnancy is no one's business and not everything needs to be shared online" thing when it comes to any of us random folks, but for someone who sells their lifestyle online as their job? I'm sorry, but no. I tend to think it would just be the respectful thing to do to let your audience know at least about the major things happening in your life. When she does things like Vlogtober isn't the whole purpose that she shows us into her life and tells us what she's getting up to, how she's feeling, what she's thinking about? If she's posting these videos while hiding a whole pregnancy then that's pretty disingenuous in my opinion. You just can't have the cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
  • Heart

laurelou

I really think this is a new beginning for Jess – we can already see how she seems so much happier and is posting more often. Maybe this pregnancy is exactly what she needs to a) boost her online engagement back up and b) feel like she has something to document other than reading books and going for walks.

fallouou

I don't believe her either. Around the 5 minute mark she sounds a bit suspicious with her eyes darting about around the place and arms crossed.

Maybe that's why she's liking all of Fleur de Force's posts lol

• Haha

doodlebug

VIP Member
This is COMPLETELY off current topic, but does anyone remember that American guy that Jess dated just after James and before Zak? All the viewers hated him and slated him in the comments 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow

sitkx

VIP Member
Omg my jaw literally dropped and I ran straight here 🤭 I’m actually very happy for her, and also selfishly happy for me because her content will be perfectly aligning with my own life — I’m due at the same time as her and exactly the same age 😅 That’s why I obviously disagree with everyone who says 26 is too young to have a baby. It’s really not. If you feel ready, then no one can dictate your timeline for you.

• Heart
Okay been lurking a while but had to set up an account when I saw this thread! I was friends with someone who went to uni with Jess (met her quite a few times). Nice girl as far as I could tell but the image she used to portray of being really hardworking at uni was a lie. She’d get up early, take all her stuff to the library to keep a space then saunter off and spend 90% of the day out having lunch/coffee etc. Her and zac were also incredibly lazy/unclean and would leave old takeaway boxes piled up in her flat for weeks etc.
Bit of outdated gossip as it is from when she stayed in Edinburgh but yeah I had to share.

• Heart
  • Wow

slugella

VIP Member
Yes, my work doesn’t allow me not to get my to-do list done. Especially now that we’ve been working from home since March, it’s pretty much business as usual here. Same deadlines and continuing projects and assignments. In the beginning there was a bit of a tendency to postpone things for “when we get back in the office”, but soon management realised that this cannot go on like that. So no excuses. Work goes on.
Exactly. I've been working from home since March too which is a massive privilege and I am so grateful to still have my job. It's still been difficult as we are expected to work at full capacity which is hard through a pandemic and being isolated and living alone. And then Jess, who has the luxury of sitting and reading all day and taking naps PURELY SO SHE HAS ENOUGH ENERGY TO READ MORE comes out with absolute tone deaf comments like that quite frequently. She is unbelievable. So out of touch it is embarrassing and an insult to her followers, many of whom may not be as well off and lucky as her and will be struggling right now due to the impacts of covid.

ETA this came out much angrier than I planned haha. Just annoyed that someone who is as lucky as her acts the way she does. I imagine it's an attempt to appear relatable but she isn't and shouldn't bother trying to fake it.

consumerism makes u free

It's the spoilt approach to her 'influencer career' where she's doing the bare minimum needed to collect paychecks, freebies, and attention at her leisure but isn't respectful enough of her following who made this bullshit possible to be direct with them about her intentions. She doesn't owe her following a revelation about her pregnancy, but everything else is pretty low-integrity bullshit. Obviously no one is obligated to view her videos or social media but I find it a pretty shabby way to treat a following. If I were rich and educated like her, I would have fucked off of the internet, rather than putting out blatant anti-content just to keep myself semi-relevant in what's becoming a pretty universally reviled 'career'. Her level of participation makes it crystal clear how transactional this all is and diminishes the viewership experience - you know you're just being bought and sold with your click and getting about zero in return at this point.

• Heart

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I never really liked her style, although I still liked watching her videos because I enjoy her personality. I don't think you have to always dress in the most sexy way possible but she just ALWAYS looked swamped in massively oversized things, calling it "grungy". I never felt like she actually knew what she was aiming for with those outfits. Her speech, mannerisms, and general lifestyle are a demure wealthy woman, and then her tattoos, piercings, and clothes are completely contrasting with that in a way that to me always said "try-hard" more than "multi-faceted".

andreaoid

She always talks about what she will do/is doing/has done but she actually never shows. It's so irritating. Videos are visual medium, I think she's forgotten that.

laurelou

OMG GUYS IT’S TRUE

I feel so strange seeing it in person after all the speculation!!! Oh my lord we were right

• Wow
Her work ethic is truly something. I can’t imagine what she spends most of her time doing (before the pregnancy as I imagine this would take quite a toll on anyone). If she’d been bothered to create content before consistently she’d be in a much better position now rather than doing random UCAS ads when she applied to uni years ago.