Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s sad, I thought she’d never be one of *those* rich kids that live off their parents. Even if she put more effort into her “influencing” (🤢) I could understand but she’s really just not doing anything.

It’s sad, I thought she’d never be one of *those* rich kids that live off their parents. Even if she put more effort into her “influencing” (🤢) I could understand but she’s really just not doing anything.
She literally could have done anything, she has the money (her parents money) to be able to go out and create some amazing content, she could have gone to amazing places, she could have written a book, she could have set up a business, she literally has the opportunity to do anything she wants and she just sits there and does nothing?!? I'm no fan of Grace Beverly but they come from similar backgrounds, and at least Grace has actually done something with her life. With the amount of money Jess has its impossible for her to fail. Her laziness is just astounding.

Reactions: 8
She often sounds so snobby about books. I just tried to watch her February book video and she was talking about The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah and was saying things like it's not her usual genre to read, she feels bad about rating it badly as romance novels often get a lot of flack about not being literary but she thinks is unfair as "it's not what it's trying to be". Her not liking that particular book is obviously fine but surely a comment like that just plays into the stereotype that any romance novel can't also be a good piece of literature?

I also have a feeling her video reviews are very influenced by reviews of other people. I have often heard her say things that I recognise from Goodreads reviews- could be a coincidence, though.

She also said she listened to the book but then had a physical copy does she buy them just to show in the video or something? She might have mentioned and I missed it but seems weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I really miss old school Jess. I genuinely loved her fashion sense and vlogs when she was at Edinburgh, and I like to go back and watch them now and again. I hope she does decide to go ahead with the PhD plans she's spoken about before, but IMO she doesn't seem dedicated enough to use that time for anything other than 3 more years of studying and reading. She's really lost her drive since moving back home to do her MA and then basically getting to read for a living, whilst uploading the occasional instagram pic/story and sponsored vid. It's such a shame as she could use her passion for literature and become a great lecturer/researcher/tutor. I think having a "proper" job would do her the world of good, but I guess she's never needed to have one due to her family's wealth and YT income. Come on Jess, you can do ANYTHING you want to. If you really want to continue being a "full-time influencer" until it dies a death, at least give it your all. Bring back your fashion content and lookbooks. Home renovation vids. Interior design. Show us round London when circumstances change. Let's see some drive back that the old Jess had and give your YT some love.

Reactions: 3
I’ve always loved her, not sure if it was because she was a bit ‘edgy’ idk, but then since she’s graduated she just grates on me. One of the reasons that I liked her book videos so much was because she doesn’t read the typical book tube selections, but I agree with the above poster, I feel like she blurts goodreads reviews, subtly, but she definitely does. She tries too hard to come across as woke but she just isn’t.

Reactions: 6
I was a very early subscriber to Jess' youtube channel. I'm going back to the Lita wearing disco pants days that she was in School. I was a loyal subscriber throughout the entire time she was at uni in Edinburgh and always found her videos and vlogs really calming and cosy. Her lookbooks back in the day genuinely inspired me to buy things and she is one of the only youtubers I can say that about.

Then came the end of uni and as far as I'm concerned the end of any kind of relatability. It's like she lost her quirky fashion sense and just started throwing any old tit together. The more hobo the better. How many tattoos would you like? Yes. Grumpy Zac arrived. And what went from a hobby of reading became some sort of weird obsession.

Then the ads. Ad after ad after ad. She posted a diet coke ad on her youtube and I commented on it with a long reasoning as to why I didnt find her relatable anymore and sadly would be unsubscribing. It got over 100 likes. In her next video she addressed the comment saying "people shouldnt be getting their knickers in a twist when ads are just part of the job".

I havent watched one of her videos since until these evening when I noticed this thread. I watched 3 minutes of her latest book review where she apologises that she didnt take notes as meticulously as she normally would....

Notes....

Notes while reading.......

Who the fudge takes notes while reading unless it is for an exam or essay..... she is so unrelatable she makes zoella look like one of the gang.

It's actually sad. Every opportunity available to her and she sits on her arse and complains about being exhausted.

Reactions: 14
I was a very early subscriber to Jess' youtube channel. I'm going back to the Lita wearing disco pants days that she was in School. I was a loyal subscriber throughout the entire time she was at uni in Edinburgh and always found her videos and vlogs really calming and cosy. Her lookbooks back in the day genuinely inspired me to buy things and she is one of the only youtubers I can say that about.

Then came the end of uni and as far as I'm concerned the end of any kind of relatability. It's like she lost her quirky fashion sense and just started throwing any old tit together. The more hobo the better. How many tattoos would you like? Yes. Grumpy Zac arrived. And what went from a hobby of reading became some sort of weird obsession.

Then the ads. Ad after ad after ad. She posted a diet coke ad on her youtube and I commented on it with a long reasoning as to why I didnt find her relatable anymore and sadly would be unsubscribing. It got over 100 likes. In her next video she addressed the comment saying "people shouldnt be getting their knickers in a twist when ads are just part of the job".

I havent watched one of her videos since until these evening when I noticed this thread. I watched 3 minutes of her latest book review where she apologises that she didnt take notes as meticulously as she normally would....

Notes....

Notes while reading.......

Who the fudge takes notes while reading unless it is for an exam or essay..... she is so unrelatable she makes zoella look like one of the gang.

It's actually sad. Every opportunity available to her and she sits on her arse and complains about being exhausted.
I also subscribed to her back in her school days before I met her in person and also enjoyed her videos then. Don’t know how but she came across more likeable/relatable when she was doing what I got for Christmas videos showing off her 3 new Chanel bags - definitely not relatable for me anyway!

Reactions: 1
I also subscribed to her back in her school days before I met her in person and also enjoyed her videos then. Don’t know how but she came across more likeable/relatable when she was doing what I got for Christmas videos showing off her 3 new Chanel bags - definitely not relatable for me anyway!
I think it was because in spite of her very obvious wealth she still worked hard at what she was doing. She at least seemed to be very organised and put 100% in to her school and uni work. Also she did some volunteering both in travelling to India to help kids and working in a monkey sanctuary for a few weeks. These kind of opportunities are not available to everyone but she was doing something that mattered and something she cared about...

It is a far cry from the napping and reading commitments she makes now. She just seems to me like she hates youtube for the past few years. She used to create content. Now she just exists slothing around on there.

Reactions: 4
I wish I could stop working for months because I feel “uninspired”. I used to love Jess but she’s been acting like a spoilt lazy little girl for quite a while now. I watched her empty house tour yesterday and I’m extremely jealous that she was able to buy that place without ever having a proper job. Do you think she actually has any worries or stresses like most normal people? I highly doubt it, her biggest stress is what book to read next 😡

Reactions: 8
I wish I could stop working for months because I feel “uninspired”. I used to love Jess but she’s been acting like a spoilt lazy little girl for quite a while now. I watched her empty house tour yesterday and I’m extremely jealous that she was able to buy that place without ever having a proper job. Do you think she actually has any worries or stresses like most normal people? I highly doubt it, her biggest stress is what book to read next 😡
I totally agree with you it is so frustrating! But what does make me feel better is that there is a lot of her life that I am not jealous of. I'm happy and grateful that I have a job that I enjoy as I would be so bored living her life!

She might have all of that money but she doesn't really do anything exciting with it that makes me jealous. Sure she can buy nice things and a house and not have to worry about money, that side I am envious of, but its so wasted on her. If I was her I would travel much more, and maybe do something exciting like start my own business (I know she has her YT but it's so half arsed), or be involved in a charity or something. All she does is sit around and read.

She also just seems to spend all of her time with Zach. I think they seem happy together but she doesn't seem to spend much time with friends since leaving uni?

Edit to add this wasn't meant to be a brag about how I enjoy my job - I just meant it as in I would be very bored spending my days the way she does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yeah I agree her life is so dull. She isn't particularly good at anything either, academically or otherwise.

She's one of those booksmart people who won't actually succeed in a chosen career that isnt catered to her every need like Youtube. Imagine her in a 9-5 and being told she cant sit at her desk reading the latest non fiction bore out? The HORROR.

Yeah, they "bought their own house" ages ago but it needs renovation and they still haven't bothered their arses doing anything about it
It really winds me up so much, like I would KILL for a gorgeous london townhouse and the funds to be able to do it up exactly the way I want, I would be so excited i'd be raring to go. Yet it seems she literally doesn't care, I don't think she fully understands her privilege, and the things that she takes for granted are out of reach for 95% of the population. She really doesn't know how lucky she is!!

Reactions: 5
Yeah, they "bought their own house" ages ago but it needs renovation and they still haven't bothered their arses doing anything about it
To be fair they were waiting on council approval for the renovation plans, which got rejected the first time I believe.

It could have been almost done/part way through the building work, but because she doesn’t have to do much/rarely posts, we’d have no idea

I’m so confused by this girl. I used to really like her content back when she was in uni in Edinburgh but had to unfollow recently because of the lack of consistency in posting, etc. I honestly don’t get how she justifies to herself disappearing for months on end never posting when this is supposed to be her full time job? Not to mention she had Zak quit his job as a chef to be her full time assistant/photographer?! What are they even doing with their time if she never produces any content? So bizarre, and as someone with a full time job I just don’t understand what she’s filling her time with.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.