Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair they were waiting on council approval for the renovation plans, which got rejected the first time I believe.
Also, building work is bloody expensive!
I'm doing some work on my place - a few structural bits and bobs, nowhere near as much as them I assume.
However, the estimated cost froze my blood when I got it.
I can imagine that they're probably spending at least 3x as much given the state/age of the place, as well as the location!
(I'm London, but not Zone 2 like them)

Reactions: 1
So she’s done a video on all the books she’s read and donating the ad sense to BLM charities I’m yet to watch it but she is back in London

So she’s done a video on all the books she’s read and donating the ad sense to BLM charities I’m yet to watch it but she is back in London
Yeah she did, but tbh she for years has been advocating for BLM and the only youtuber/influencer I have seen acknowledging her own privilege. She never waited for something like this to show her support. It's because of stuff like this I still follow her, because I believe she still has some good in her.
Yes she is lazy and whtvr, but better being lazy than pretending you care about a cause like many others are doing right now, but after this calms down they won't lift a finger to keep talking about these issues.

And to that girl who came to share her stories from UNI, yes you should be feeling guilty, especially since you know she doesn't flaunt her privilege or doesn't act snob. that was totally uncalled for. And she left the boxes on the kitchen? LOL then her bleeping housemates could have said something about it to Jess themselves instead of complaining to you. ffs people are so immature.

After this brief rant, yes, I do agree with some of the comments, she is too lazy in her content, and I have stopped watching her as much, I also feel like she should focus more on her books and become a book influencer or wtvr. It kills me to see her waste away her potential. and when they announced Zac was working on the channel, I literally said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out loud... I just wish they would do youtube and still have normal jobs/lives!!

UGH it's a waste of both of their lives, I even commented on the video that this was a crappy decision.

Anyway, I just wish she opened her eyes ffs and realize that the path they are going is not the best for them!

• Angry
Reactions: 3
And to that girl who came to share her stories from UNI, yes you should be feeling guilty, especially since you know she doesn't flaunt her privilege or doesn't act snob. that was totally uncalled for. And she left the boxes on the kitchen? LOL then her bleeping housemates could have said something about it to Jess themselves instead of complaining to you. ffs people are so immature.
LOL. This is a gossip forum am I supposed to sing her praises instead?? She flaunted how hardworking she was on YouTube when that was a complete lie.
Where in my post did I say her flatmates hadn’t spoken to her about being dirty? Sorry but if a person is incredibly lazy/unclean around a shared flat despite being warned then her friends are rightfully going to complain about it to others 😂

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Credit where it is due she seems to be one of the few white influencers who appears to be thinking and communicating seriously about BLM.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Credit where it is due she seems to be one of the few white influencers who appears to be thinking and communicating seriously about BLM.
Yes, and she has been doing that for years, way before this situation. She has been saying it has been a systemic and societal problem, it was because of her that I have read some black authors. If she hadn't recommended that, I would have never know

Reactions: 2
Her mum has Lymphoma. Totally gutted for her. While Jess lacks work ethics I do admire her for help she does her someone in her family is sick.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I just saw the video that's so sad, I really hope her mum gets better I can't imagine going through that. Especially after losing their aunt to cancer a a while ago. It really puts things into perspective doesn't it.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I just saw the video that's so sad, I really hope her mum gets better I can't imagine going through that. Especially after losing their aunt to cancer a a while ago. It really puts things into perspective doesn't it.
Agreed ... I was super sad as well ...

Reactions: 1
I love her book videos! She has such a varied taste and I usually agree with her reviews.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I saw this tweet and instantly thought of Jess oops -

I used to really love Jess but seeing how much privilege she has and hasn't had to work for has really turned me off her. So sad about her mum though, I really do wish them the best

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I saw this tweet and instantly thought of Jess oops -

I used to really love Jess but seeing how much privilege she has and hasn't had to work for has really turned me off her. So sad about her mum though, I really do wish them the best

I know, many times I thought about it and even considered unsubscribing, but tbh I don't mind that she is rich?
I know it sets a huge amount of false expectations for people and in the beginning, it did for me too, but as I grew up I realized that it's just her life? and I have my life, and I might not be able to afford designer clothes or bags, but I still enjoy being me and what I own, even if I buy it from Facebook or cheap shops.
To be honest I changed the way I thought when she stopped doing the "what I got for xtmas" videos (dunno if any of you remember😅) and I kind of missed seeing what she got, I was happy for her to get it and that's that. and like my mom says " others may have money but we don't know what is going on in their lives or what they will face in the future. We have family and love and we are hardworking people."
I admit some of her choices were not the best, and she is super privileged but somehow I feel like compared to others I still have stuff to relate to, like the book videos and some of her personal opinions on society.... anyway just my two cents...

But that tiktok is terrible, and to think that people who have lived in Edinburgh all their lives can't afford living there breaks my heart 😡

Sad news about her mum, but I really can't be arsed with her AD videos which is basically all her content, apart from book videos. I don't understand why she's suddenly super productive now churning these out.

I love her book videos! She has such a varied taste and I usually agree with her reviews.
I feel her reviews aren’t really her reviews anymore though.
She’s changed from her uni days when you could tell she was actually engrossed in what she was reading,
right now I feel like (the majority of the time) she’s parroting someone else’s review 😐 and passing it as her own to seem woke.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Oh really? i haven’t watched her for long, only last few months since I started reading again.

i find a lot of the booktubers are trying to be to woke now.

Oh really? i haven’t watched her for long, only last few months since I started reading again.

i find a lot of the booktubers are trying to be to woke now.
most of what she says comes from goodreads or from booktubers who have reviewed the same book. 😐

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.