Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
most of what she says comes from goodreads or from booktubers who have reviewed the same book. šŸ˜
oh man. Need to go find proper booktubers, not influencers who read books šŸ¤£

alot of them I find are all about the fantasy books and thatā€™s not my kind of genre šŸ˜«

Reactions: 1

alot of them I find are all about the fantasy books and thatā€™s not my kind of genre šŸ˜«
Off topic but I'd recommend Jen Campbell, if you aren't already watching her. She has some good recommendations and reviews.

Reactions: 3
Just watching an oldish vlog of hers. It still blows my mind that she's early 20s and owns a big house in London that she is renovating. Properly insane! Zack really lucked out didn't he šŸ˜‚

Just watching an oldish vlog of hers. It still blows my mind that she's early 20s and owns a big house in London that she is renovating. Properly insane! Zack really lucked out didn't he šŸ˜‚
Sh/ 26ish going on 27 I think because she took a gap year :) all about privileged and working in an industry which isnā€™t
regulated for salaries etc

Sh/ 26ish going on 27 I think because she took a gap year :) all about privileged and working in an industry which isnā€™t
regulated for salaries etc
I know, its just so crazy comparing that life, couldn't be any further from most people's reality. Similar to Fleur who was born and married into a lotttaa money. And although her or Jess aren't exactly relatable, they seem a lot less try hard and less braggy than most influencers.

I know, its just so crazy comparing that life, couldn't be any further from most people's reality. Similar to Fleur who was born and married into a lotttaa money. And although her or Jess aren't exactly relatable, they seem a lot less try hard and less braggy than most influencers.
In all the years Iā€™ve followed Jess, I donā€™t know who she is šŸ˜
I felt I did when she was in uni, but she lost her way when she went to kings.
It felt like she did her masters to tick a box,
did YouTube to tick a box, but there was no passion for vlogging anymore.
She doesnā€™t even seem excited about her own house.
If I had only started following her in the last 2 years Iā€™d struggle to find anything about her thatā€™s worth watching.
I loved the way she dressed, the jewellery and piercings might not be my style but it was ā€œherā€
Then she cut her hair to copy another influencer, did that merchandise drop with Ana and sophdoesnails and saffron barker.
Sheā€™s sold out, but sheā€™s also to lazy to have sold out completely.
zack quitting his job sums them both up as a couple. There is no drive at all.
I donā€™t know where sheā€™ll be in ten years time. Itā€™s sad really.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
If I had only started following her in the last 2 years Iā€™d struggle to find anything about her thatā€™s worth watching.
I loved the way she dressed, the jewellery and piercings might not be my style but it was ā€œherā€
Then she cut her hair to copy another influencer, did that merchandise drop with Ana and sophdoesnails and saffron barker.
I'm still baffled about Zack quitting his job to work for her. She doesn't work enough to justify it. I can understand her taking a break now if she wanted to because of her mum, but she's not been working much for ages now even before her mum got sick.

I find her much more tolerable than most other influencers that I used to follow. But still find her lazy and don't think her career is impressive. She had the opportunity to do anything and she could have really gone for it with her influencer career and used the connections wisely. She could have done campaigning, working with charities etc. Or even pursued a career outside of youtube but that would mean she couldn't spend her days being busy reading bookd and trekking across London to get her nails done lol. Her life does appear very boring.

Reactions: 2
I find her much more tolerable than most other influencers that I used to follow.
The only reason I find her more tolerable is because she has no hustle, she doesnā€™t need to climb to the top, she doesnā€™t need to force affiliates and spons on people, if she started doing ASOS, PLT, Zara hauls and brand work sheā€™s be no different to them, and I view her in the same way.

If she wasnā€™t in such a privileged position she would need to take that work but sheā€™s lucky that she doesnā€™t need it.
šŸ˜•

Iā€™m hoping Zack has hidden depths because he is so low-energy and monosyllabic.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m hoping Zack has hidden depths because he is so low-energy and monosyllabic.
Hahah šŸ˜‚ heā€™s definitely a talented photographer and videographer... her old lookbooks were so well done thanks to him. Iā€™m also baffled that he quit his chef job to work for her though. What does he do all day?! Editing her 1 video a month and few pics canā€™t take that long.

• Haha
The only reason I find her more tolerable is because she has no hustle, she doesnā€™t need to climb to the top, she doesnā€™t need to force affiliates and spons on people, if she started doing ASOS, PLT, Zara hauls and brand work sheā€™s be no different to them, and I view her in the same way.

If she wasnā€™t in such a privileged position she would need to take that work but sheā€™s lucky that she doesnā€™t need it.
šŸ˜•
This is so true! I said a similar thing on the Fleur thread. I guess for Jess if influencer work dried up it wouldn't really affect her and she doesn't need to beg for stuff. Watching vlogs from people that wealthy just blows my mind. I can't even imagine not having to worry about money.

šŸ˜•
But she does force affiliates and spons. She only posts instagrams or videos if she has an ad or something to promote. All her vlogs seem to have a little AD segment that isn't mentioned in the title. For years she's been doing dedicated UO and Topshop lookbooks etc. Back then I actually quite enjoyed them because she did put the effort in to make nice lookbooks (plus they were brands she already loved). Alongside them she had her regular vlogs and other content so it was alright. But now every video is a bare minerals and it's just the same look over and over again. And she isn't gonna do a lookbook unless the clothes are gifted.

Obviously she has to earn a living but I don't see her videos as anything more than a cash grab. I guess she's low energy and never in your face so it doesn't come across like she's trying to climb to the top but everything's for money.

I only still watch because she used to be my favourite yter and I always hope to see a little glimpse of the old her.

Reactions: 8
But she does force affiliates and spons. She only posts instagrams or videos if she has an ad or something to promote. All her vlogs seem to have a little AD segment that isn't mentioned in the title. For years she's been doing dedicated UO and Topshop lookbooks etc. Back then I actually quite enjoyed them because she did put the effort in to make nice lookbooks (plus they were brands she already loved). Alongside them she had her regular vlogs and other content so it was alright. But now every video is a bare minerals and it's just the same look over and over again. And she isn't gonna do a lookbook unless the clothes are gifted.

Obviously she has to earn a living but I don't see her videos as anything more than a cash grab. I guess she's low energy and never in your face so it doesn't come across like she's trying to climb to the top but everything's for money.

I only still watch because she used to be my favourite yter and I always hope to see a little glimpse of the old her.
brilliant point!!!
Maybe because she posts on YouTube less than others I see it less?
and I donā€™t follow her Instagram anymore, but youā€™re right!

I donā€™t get anything from watching her channel anymore, which is sad, because she could have done so much with it.

I preferred her'what I got for...' videos. I liked that fact that there were lots of nice high end items but they were not overly 'DESIGNER', unlike the majority of the big UK youtubers. Her mum has really good taste. It's a shame she stopped doing them.

Reactions: 5
I remember being so excited when she was coming out with a jewellery line and being so disappointed, not only with the designs but the prices!! The cheapest thing was Ā£195, and anything diamond encrusted like that looks kinda tacky to me.

Leena Norms is really great too
Love her!

I used to enjoy Jess's book reviews back in uni as well; maybe she was doing the extensive reading for course work but I still enjoyed hearing what she had to say. I never thought she'd become like this. Her vlogs in 2nd and 3rd year were very enjoyable and she had a good balance between uni and social life. I obviously don't know what she and Zach like in rela life but watching them is like watching paint dry. It looks like they bring each other's energy down.

Reactions: 4

I like booksandquills sheā€™s quite good for recommendations!

Reactions: 4
Bookandquills housemate, Rosianna does great book reviews too. Itā€™s hard to find booktubers that donā€™t read YA, think thatā€™s why I still always watch Jessā€™ reviews even though sheā€™s just pouring out goodreads opinions.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.