Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone have anymore thoughts about the pregnancy thing? been watching the vlogs with hawk eyes haha

It's funny, she stopped doing haul videos and 'what i got for my birthday' videos because she thought they were flaunting her privilege too much. But in my opinion, vlogs where she spends 100% of her time at home doing nothing are MUCH worse in terms of showing off privilege. The material stuff is one thing, but the lifestyle is on a completely different level IMO. If you buy yourself or get gifted a ton of expensive stuff BUT work hard at the same time, I frankly don't mind as much (you can do what you want with your money as long as you're not a dick about it). On the other hand, if you are so privileged you don't even need to work a day in your life and can afford to turn 'reading books in bed' into your full-time occupation, THAT bothers me a lot more as a viewer and it shows a LOT more privilege. The fact that she seems so oblivious to it (re constant comments about how tired she feels, etc) makes it a lot worse as well.
Agree. Plus I always enjoyed watching those videos. I can't relate to them at all, but I still loved seeing what she got.

Reactions: 2
Exactly. I find it a bit odd. A lot of the comments are asking questions and she definitely has time to answer. I just find it quite hollow when youtubers refer to their audiences as 'you guys' and 'you guys are so supportive' and 'you guys are the reason I get to live this life' but they don't even bother interacting with their audience any more than that. Just makes their gratefulness seem performative.
Yeah well said. Something that kind of grates on me is when youtubers say "I'm editing a video for you guys" - as if it is a selfless gift lol

Reactions: 7
I was doing a bit of a Google deep dive the other day and supposedly Jess' mum's house was used for the Gorillaz DoYaThing music video. Do we know anything about this? Like does anyone remember a comment from ages ago in a vlog or something? It's pretty intriguing!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hi. New to the thread but watched her since Edinburgh uni days. Can someone catch me up, whats happened to her mum? Is she still living at home? Etc etc

Hi. New to the thread but watched her since Edinburgh uni days. Can someone catch me up, whats happened to her mum? Is she still living at home? Etc etc
She moved back in with her mum and stepdad, did a master's, bought a house that's being renovated. That's pretty much it! Zak became a chef for a bit and is now unemployed as he's helping Jess with whatever the hell she does... Bit of an anomaly!

Edit: oh and her mum was recently diagnosed with lymphoma.

Reactions: 1
She moved back in with her mum and stepdad, did a master's, bought a house that's being renovated. That's pretty much it! Zak became a chef for a bit and is now unemployed as he's helping Jess with whatever the hell she does... Bit of an anomaly!

Edit: oh and her mum was recently diagnosed with lymphoma.
was he unemployed as a result of covid? Thats awful news if thats the case and incredibly awful about her mum.

im astonished that she hasnt done anything with her degree and masters or gone on to do something great. Back when I watched her at uni i always got the impression she would go on to do great things and be successful

what is it her mum does that means she can fund jess’ lifestyle

was he unemployed as a result of covid? Thats awful news if thats the case and incredibly awful about her mum.

im astonished that she hasnt done anything with her degree and masters or gone on to do something great. Back when I watched her at uni i always got the impression she would go on to do great things and be successful

No, I believe he left to be her personal joey before Covid.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

Reactions: 12
He left the chef gig many months ago when he could have had a really good career for himself

Reactions: 1
This doesn't sound right. Jess' mom's house is in ——— while the Gorillaz house is located at ————. Also, her house is more spacious than the one in the Gorillaz video and her mom is so private I highly doubt she would ever let a film crew come into her house to shoot a music video. What's more, the music video is from 2012 -- by comparing the staircase from the Gorillaz video with Jess' videos from 2012 you can tell it looks different.
Ahhh ok. Won't be becoming a private investigator anytime soon then!

Jess has mentioned before both her mum and stepdad are lawyers. They're partners at the firm too so I'd imagine they make 7 figures each.

And yeah! Her doing nothing is pretty much baffled all of us!

In her Vlogtober Week 2 video she mentioned that she wants to take her science A levels to maybe study science at a higher level. Does she want to go into medicine like her dad?

• Haha
In her Vlogtober Week 2 video she mentioned that she wants to take her science A levels to maybe study science at a higher level. Does she want to go into medicine like her dad?

I think she just wants a purpose, and studying clearly made her happy

Reactions: 10
Wow I don’t watch her videos much anymore but I’d never have expected that
I’ve just gone and watched that part now, it sounds quite far fetched and surely it would be really difficult to just dive into science subjects at a level when she’s been studying literature based subjects for so long, especially maths. In Ireland we have to do maths for our leaving cert and I also did physics, even though I would be more inclined to English like Jess. It’s much harder than I think she imagines it to be. I admire her for thinking about it, but she does admit she probably would never do it. The botany course sounds good though, better than lying in bed. God I really wish I had the money to just endlessly educate myself haha

Reactions: 5
It's always great to continue learning, but honestly it would be ridiculous if she’s considering going back to uni full time for a science-related degree when she's 26 and she's never had a job (other than Youtube). She should just keep learning casually on the side whilst she figures out what to do with her life. Maybe it's harsh, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when she talked about going into the sciences at university level. To me it just sounds like more putting off/procrastinating choosing a career path by turning to the only thing she knows - school.

I also agree with the comment above me; casual science courses are fairly accessible, but there comes a point when pretty extensive proficiency in maths is required. Definitely not an easy thing for someone like her who probably hasn't done any math since high school.

To be clear though, I don't think there's such a thing as being too old to go back to school to retrain, and I think more people should enjoy learning for the sake of learning and becoming more knowledgeable. But in Jess's case, it definitely doesn't sound like she has an end goal in mind to potentially going back to uni at some point other than to pass time because she’s bored and doesn’t want to get a “real” job.

Reactions: 16
I agree, seems strange to just start that now out of nowhere. I feel like she wants to keep herself busy with something else than reading and relaxing..

The botany course sounds interesting tho, that seems more like something to educate yourself with on the side. I hope she finds something to help her feel motivated and energized again.

Reactions: 5
Is it anything to do with what indie might be doing? Surely she’s at an age where she’s almost doing a levels? And Jess is jealous

Reactions: 4
I feel like if you have the financial means to just spend your life studying, and that's what you want to do then why not? There's nothing inherently wrong with her thinking about going back to uni and to be honest in the video she did say it'd never happen so it sounds to me like bit of a daydream and she knows it. I have to admit that I always thought she might end up working in academia. Like I can see her doing a postdoc after her PhD or something.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.