Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she has it in her for a PhD. It requires crazy amounts of self motivation, and I just don't think she has that any more. She's gotten lazy.
I honestly believe she’s only like that because she knows the work she’s doing is of no real value, when she was doing her undergrad and masters she was much more motivated

Reactions: 3
She didn't really seem motivated for her masters in my opinion
Yeah I thought she was just doing her masters to have something to do instead of because she was actually excited to do it.

She hasn't shown Mimi or her cat in her vlogs/ Instagram pictures in quite some time, hope they're okay...

Reactions: 10
Her mum, yeah. And I don't deny that it must be tough for Jess too, but she's always been lazy, this behaviour isn't new.
Agreed. Back in her uni days everyone said she was so focused and a hard worker and it motivated them but I've never thought Jess was a hard worker, she's always been lazy it's just that she just actually had things to occupy her time back then. I never understood why everyone thought she worked so hard just because she vlogged herself studying at the library. Most uni students study and do their assignments they kind of need to in order to graduate, I didn't think Jess did anything out of the ordinary for a uni student.

Reactions: 9
Agreed. Back in her uni days everyone said she was so focused and a hard worker and it motivated them but I've never thought Jess was a hard worker, she's always been lazy it's just that she just actually had things to occupy her time back then. I never understood why everyone thought she worked so hard just because she vlogged herself studying at the library. Most uni students study and do their assignments they kind of need to in order to graduate, I didn't think Jess did anything out of the ordinary for a uni student.
Yeah she was quite average. I know she graduated with a first, but she never did anything outside of the norm. She wasn't in any societies or do any sports or anything. She's lazy through and through.

Reactions: 4
Every single vlog is "a bit of an unproductive" day or week. She always says it as if it's like an exception and the next day/week is going to be different, but it's clearly HER WHOLE LIFE. I don't remember a single vlog (in the past few years) that actually was "productive." She needs to wake up and realize she's wasting her life away! Do her family members not see it? Do they not tell her? It's even more striking when she does weekly vlogs because you can tell she literally hasn't accomplished anything in her whole week. When it's an odd vlog of one day you might think it was just like a random off day in her week that she didn't do much, but when she's vlogging every single day for a whole week/month and nothing comes out of it, it becomes obvious and just undeniable. It's frankly infuriating at this point. It's crazy to me that someone could post hundreds of vlogs that solely consist of herself in bed talking to the camera. I rarely watch her videos anymore but every time I do 90% of it is literally just her sitting in her bed in front of her blue walls and before/while/after reading. She never vlogs outside (if she does it's just 10 seconds of slow-mo images with music over it), never vlogs anyone else but herself (she seemingly never sees friends anymore? and her family and Zach clearly don't want to be on camera, which is fair enough but frankly boring as duck), and never does anything at home either except read and talk about what she's reading. What. Is. The. Point.

Also, she's CONSTANTLY out of breath.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I genuinely think that she's been battling depression for a while now, like pre-covid. She probably thinks that doing less is good for her mental health but it's probably a vicious cycle and doing nothing is just making it worse. I do think that her reading most of the day is somewhat "productive" or at least intellectually challenging, but maybe spending all he days escaping reality with books isn't good either.

I was also surprised to learn that Zak is the one driving her sister to school every morning and he also drives her mother to her appointments... I'm guessing Zak still loves having things to do during the day and waking up early which is why he wants to do it, but it really just shows how little Jess does.

Reactions: 6
Catching up on all the comments brings me back to the GG thread during her 2019 vlogtober. It strikes me that nothing in her life has improved since then. In last year's vlogtober, she was constantly complaining of tiredness, constantly having "off"/unproductive days, and did nothing but read and go to the gym. There was even speculation about the possibility of depression similar to the comment above me.

It's hard to say since she shares so little of herself these days, but I'm personally on the fence as to whether she has something like clinical depression. Things like her low energy, low motivation, etc. can easily be because of things like low iron/nutrient deficiency from how poor her diet seems to be. And just the fact that her life is purposeless and unfulfilling can explain her apathetic moods.

I think like others have said, 'laziness' is just part of her personality. In Q&As from years ago she'd always say there are 'so many things' that she wants to do with her future, but in really abstract and impractical terms. She probably likes the idea of doing things, but isn't willing to put the real work in to take action. I'm also shocked that her parents tolerate letting their adult daughter hang around the house all day doing nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Watched her latest vlog.

She seems to be focusing mostly on her mom. She is only showing some parts of her life so it’s hard to get a sense of what exactly is going on in her world. But I think her moms treatment is going well, and honestly I truly hope the best for her and her mom.

Not really sure why she is buying the table tho if shes not really far along in the house. Not sure why she's buying it now....

Anyway, having taken care of a sick parent myself it really is disorienting. I think her mom, the general state of the world and the place in her life is adding to her attitude. I also agree that she is battling depression.

lastly her doing book content I think is right for her. And it seems like book content on YouTube is doing well at the moment because people have more time to read. She’s one of the better book tubers on YouTube atm

The thing is, she was exactly the same before covid and before her mom got sick. It's the third vlogtober that she spends with very low energy, off days and such. Maybe she's just not into sharing her life at all and is high energy when the camera is off, but I doubt it at this point.

Reactions: 7
I tried to watch the new vlog but hearing 'I'll chill until then,' and 'we use Monday as our planing day,' just put me off. It's a very privileged lifestyle that can allow to take Monday off to plan for the remaining weekdays.

Reactions: 7
i still have both of her vlogtobers saved in 'watch later'. i used to religiously watch anything she posts, but now i find myself postponing it and then skipping through most of the video.. such a shame

I remember Jess saying years ago that she doesn't respond to comments as she can't respond to them all so would rather respond to none as it's fair... But I really think she has time to. I know it's petty but I do find it a bit snobby when youtubers don't reply to any comments at all

Reactions: 13
i have only started watching Jess this year because of her book videos. Not being familiar with her previous content, her lifestyle and privilege that comes through currently is insane. The dining table that her Mum bought them for Christmas was at LEAST 3,000 pounds (she links it in the video) I also really struggle when she spent a whole day on Monday 'planning' but then come Tuesday she took the morning off to read because she wasn't feeling great and didn't have anything planned anyway. It makes me cringe. I hope she is okay.

I remember Jess saying years ago that she doesn't respond to comments as she can't respond to them all so would rather respond to none as it's fair... But I really think she has time to. I know it's petty but I do find it a bit snobby when youtubers don't reply to any comments at all
Yeah and it sounds like a really stupid, half-assed excuse. Not every comment even warrants a response to the same degree. The comments that ask questions should be answered in priority, while comments that just say "cool vlog!" obviously don't necessarily need to be replied to as much. She doesn't even bother 'liking' the comments (which literally takes two nanoseconds). And let's be honest, it's not like she has high traffic and a ton of comments to go through. She doesn't get many at all.

She already shares so little of her life with her audience (we basically don't know anything at all), so if she doesn't even bother to interact with her viewers via comments about the content she does put out...then what's the point? Thought the whole point of Youtube is that creators get to connect directly with their audience and exchange thoughts/views/opinions -- otherwise, if we wanted a strictly one-way thing, we would just watch TV.

i have only started watching Jess this year because of her book videos. Not being familiar with her previous content, her lifestyle and privilege that comes through currently is insane. The dining table that her Mum bought them for Christmas was at LEAST 3,000 pounds (she links it in the video) I also really struggle when she spent a whole day on Monday 'planning' but then come Tuesday she took the morning off to read because she wasn't feeling great and didn't have anything planned anyway. It makes me cringe. I hope she is okay.
It's funny, she stopped doing haul videos and 'what i got for my birthday' videos because she thought they were flaunting her privilege too much. But in my opinion, vlogs where she spends 100% of her time at home doing nothing are MUCH worse in terms of showing off privilege. The material stuff is one thing, but the lifestyle is on a completely different level IMO. If you buy yourself or get gifted a ton of expensive stuff BUT work hard at the same time, I frankly don't mind as much (you can do what you want with your money as long as you're not a dick about it). On the other hand, if you are so privileged you don't even need to work a day in your life and can afford to turn 'reading books in bed' into your full-time occupation, THAT bothers me a lot more as a viewer and it shows a LOT more privilege. The fact that she seems so oblivious to it (re constant comments about how tired she feels, etc) makes it a lot worse as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Yeah and it sounds like a really stupid, half-assed excuse. Not every comment even warrants a response to the same degree. The comments that ask questions should be answered in priority, while comments that just say "cool vlog!" obviously don't necessarily need to be replied to as much. She doesn't even bother "liking" the comments (which literally takes two nanoseconds). And let's be honest, it's not like she has high traffic and a ton of comments to go through. She doesn't get many at all.

She already shares so little of her life with her audience (we basically don't know anything at all), so if she doesn't even bother to interact with her viewers via comments about the content she does put out...then what's the point? Thought the whole point of Youtube is that creators get to connect directly with their audience -- otherwise, if we wanted a strictly one-way thing, we would just watch TV.
Exactly. I find it a bit odd. A lot of the comments are asking questions and she definitely has time to answer. I just find it quite hollow when youtubers refer to their audiences as 'you guys' and 'you guys are so supportive' and 'you guys are the reason I get to live this life' but they don't even bother interacting with their audience any more than that. Just makes their gratefulness seem performative.

Reactions: 12
Exactly. I find it a bit odd. A lot of the comments are asking questions and she definitely has time to answer. I just find it quite hollow when youtubers refer to their audiences as 'you guys' and 'you guys are so supportive' and 'you guys are the reason I get to live this life' but they don't even bother interacting with their audience any more than that. Just makes their gratefulness seem performative.
It's a pathetic excuse to just allow her to be lazy. There are apparently 2 people working full time on her 'content' yet they can't answer questions/reply to comments and can't/won't mark ads properly.

The 'Hi my loves' is getting very grating

Reactions: 11
It's a pathetic excuse to just allow her to be lazy. There are apparently 2 people working full time on her 'content' yet they can't answer questions/reply to comments and can't/won't mark ads properly.

The 'Hi my loves' is getting very grating
I’ve said this before but will say it again... the fact that she basically employs Zak full-time is a joke considering how little content they produce. It blows my mind, but what does he do besides take her photos, edit her videos, make her meals and drive her/her family round..? To be fair he sounds much more productive than her not that that’s saying much 😂

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.