Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this was a typical weight gain, wouldn't it show on her face, legs and arms too? Idk, it sort of looks like a pregnant belly to me. She also sounded out of breath a few times in the vlog.

Reactions: 6
If this was a typical weight gain, wouldn't it show on her face, legs and arms too? Idk, it sort of looks like a pregnant belly to me. She also sounded out of breath a few times in the vlog.
Depends where she gains weight, she may well just gain it there, plus with the size and shape of her clothing, we wouldn’t be able to see the growth in her arms etc

Reactions: 2
It's taken me being furloughed since March and then redundancy and no luck finding a job to find Jess truly relatable. Dunno what you workaholics are moaning about!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Imo Jess has always been petite but her weight has fluctuated slightly and it usually shows in her belly. I don't think she looks obviously pregnant at all based on that screenshot.

Reactions: 3
I hate to speculate on someone's weight, and if they are pregnant or not...

I enjoy her take on books and I take her suggestions on what to read. Compared to other "book tubers" she has a much for thoughtful and thought out explanation of books, the writing style, the plot etc. She doesnt just read all YA and fantasy (which is not my thing) she is one of the the only book tubers who seems to have an actual brain.

I think its a bit of a shame that for someone so smart and accomplished with her education she isn't or has not done more. I see her working reviewing literature for a major publication with YouTube as a side hustle. But its her life to live, I am a few years older than Jess and I can relate to the over all feeling of "Oh so this is life then? Alright..."

She just has more money and resources to make more out of it. Same thing for Zak. Don't know much about him but from what she shows he seems to be just as lazy and unmotivated as she does. Maybe he is back to studying to be a chef? I don't know but those two are odd.

Both of their apparent lack of motivation is why I am so unsure about her actually being pregnant. Instead shes still buying insanely over priced jackets or "shackets" as she called it. I think the last one was over 1k in US dollars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Well to be honest when doesn’t Jess sound airy and out of breath?😂

• Haha
Jess used to be one of my faves during her Edinburgh days and she was doing my dream degree, in a dream place etc. She’s well off and lives in London, yeah, but that doesn’t mean she couldn’t get a cool job at a publishing house or something. She’s simply not willing and rather stay home all day and read because she can. Beyond the ads she makes, it seems that she continues book videos only because she’s expected to do them and that’s pretty much the last “original” content she has.

Reactions: 9
Thank you Jess for showing your view from bed at 10.30 on a Monday morning

Reactions: 7
She frustrates me so much. Everything going for her - educated, intelligent, attractive, slim, wealthy, likeable, etc. - and yet it feels like her life is turning out to be such a waste. I hope that's just the way it comes across online and she does actually find her life fulfilling in some way... don't see how, seems really depressing and boring from what we're shown. *sigh*

• Sad
Reactions: 8
She had the potential to do so much more...! Also I would have thought that being a bit more focused with youtube would be a good distraction, from the likes of covid and her mums's diagnosis (hope she's doing ok), but clearly she just can't be bothered.

Her mum, yeah. And I don't deny that it must be tough for Jess too, but she's always been lazy, this behaviour isn't new.
Exactly. While I can imagine she is going through a very difficult time, her lack of putting out any content is absolutely nothing new. She’s been saying for years now (since her masters?) that she’s looking forward to focusing full-time on YouTube/social media, etc but we’ve not seen her follow through at all. It’s sad she’s not living up to her potential, and while I can appreciate she is having a difficult year, so are many other people except they still have to keep up full-time jobs on top of everything they’re going through.

She seems like she like academia, I hope she’s considering a PhD, just for her own self worth and value too, she would also be able to make content around it

Reactions: 1
It’s sad she’s not living up to her potential, and while I can appreciate she is having a difficult year, so are many other people except they still have to keep up full-time jobs on top of everything they’re going through.
Tbf I went through redundancy when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cance. While I'm glad I was there to care for my dad, in a way it's easier dealing with everything when you have a full time job to keep you busy; my siblings did so it was just me moping around in between appointments and treatments.

I can relate to her feeling down and everything feeling futile. If she's already wealthy, and youtube is her little spending money, in a way it's a surprise she's doing anything at all right now.

She seems like she like academia, I hope she’s considering a PhD, just for her own self worth and value too, she would also be able to make content around it
I don't think she has it in her for a PhD. It requires crazy amounts of self motivation, and I just don't think she has that any more. She's gotten lazy.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.