Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question, I'm not a mother so i'm not sure. Is it normal for Ines to have so much trouble sleeping? I watch a lot of youtubers with young babies/toddlers and no one ever mentions their kids' sleep as much as Jess does.

Reactions: 2
I agree, I hate how she refers to her as “the baby”. Just the whole vibe she has when talking about her daughter is off.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this. If anything, it is an affectionate term.

Reactions: 11
Genuine question, I'm not a mother so i'm not sure. Is it normal for Ines to have so much trouble sleeping? I watch a lot of youtubers with young babies/toddlers and no one ever mentions their kids' sleep as much as Jess does.
i think it’s actually far more normal than most influencers would have you believe. But a child that has trouble sleeping often doesn’t fit the image they’re trying to sell. If anything it’s far less common for young toddlers/babies to be completely sleeping through the night

Reactions: 10
I kinda feel bad for Zak. I don't think he's as much like Jess as we think. During lockdown when they were doing sweet FA I remember he seemed like he was itching to do something. And he was cooking for everyone and driving Indie and her mum around. He had a job at one point and Jess said he was leaving it to work for her. I think he would like to do something but is held back by her if I'm honest.
He is a grown man though and if he was really itching to get out and do something he could do. If Jess really needs someone to edit her videos and do whatever he does, he could say it’s not for him, he wants more purpose and she should pay someone else. Jess doesn’t seem like an unreasonable person that would kick and scream about this. I think he enjoys the life of luxury off the back of his wealthy girlfriend and her parents and has completely landed on his feet. Never in a million years could he have afforded such a huge house at his age doing the jobs he was doing. On the other hand he could also just enjoy being a bit of a stay at home dad, no one questions when a woman is staying at home provided for by the father/husband. Whichever, I don’t feel much sympathy for his situation.

Reactions: 13
Jess doesn’t seem like an unreasonable person that would kick and scream about this.
Emotional manipulation can be more effective than kicking and screaming about something, though.

I remember her video when she explained that he’d given up his job, and it was all about how she was lonely being at home in the evenings and his job didn’t suit her.

Reactions: 6
(My entry level job in publishing 6 years ago was £18K. They're now £23-25K depending on where you work.)

Yeah, I definitely remember her centring her loneliness in the conversation about him editing for her. I mean, Zak was into his photography/editing when they were dating - the move to cooking felt like a deliberate step in something he wanted to do and it was a good position IIRC?

I also wonder if he might feel like he has to put Jess's needs before his because he's living in her house, he's got this massive new house with Jess because of her family wealth so he can't really say no to her. And not because he necessarily enjoys the luxe life but because he loves Jess and has chosen her as a partner and if he wants to be with her and he can't financially match her expectations, he needs to do it some other way.

Reactions: 11
They seem so… forlorn 🫣 as a couple. I don’t know how to describe it but it’s weird. She’s always talking in this weird breathy falsetto and even if she’s saying something positive about a lovely day or a nice dinner it sounds like she’s being forced against her will to say it.

She also has a tendency to follow up positive things/moments with a negative which I imagine has an impact on the people around her. ‘Gorgeous christmassy day here at the farm (one of our many expensive properties!)…. But so stressful and awful and just exhausting getting here, due to baby and the traffic and the weather and waking up late and not packing until last minute. So really I am just so ready for bed and for this day to end’.

And then he’s always just in the background completely silent. I get that he’s probably not comfortable on camera but it makes for awkward watching. They’re like that weird emo couple in school.

Reactions: 25
He’s always lurking around like a low-energy serial killer. Very odd couple.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
He just doesn’t enjoy being on camera. He used to be in her vlogs a bit more in the past and they didn’t seem awkward/odd then, IMO. I’m wondering if once Jess started posting her vlogs on her main channel with a larger audience he wanted even less to do with it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Tbf I don’t think we can judge their relationship because she doesn’t ever show them interacting - so what are you judging on?? I’m sure off camera they are a nice couple. He clearly is just more reserved/shy and doesn’t want to be on camera.

Who'd have thought 10 years ago that Indie would be off to uni before Jess moves out

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I could be wrong but I feel like Zak is also a low energy type of person and it makes her energy levels even worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think you are all partially right, I don't outright disagree with any of the comments form the past few pages (except the person who said she ought to get surgery for her jaw, get a life). A couple of things to add:
- Jess most certainly knows/wants something to change but doesn't know how, and feels stuck. She has been in this position for years on end now, entrenching the idea that 'doing something' is an insurmountable goal. I find her incredible depressing to watch, like someone who has fully given up and accepted that, but can't bring themselves to get help.
- I'm not that impressed by Zack's cooking, don't get me wrong it looks nice but not any more impressive than an average home cook - am I missing something? Last two meals I saw, kale pesto pasta and a quick bean stew with toast. Not saying he shouldn't continue with this, but being a chef is stressful and doesn't pay great, maybe he wasn't that keen on it.
- I agree with the poster who asks why she isn't taking her baby to the parks etc., maybe she just doesn't record it, though I feel like she would because she records total tit in her vlogs.

Reactions: 7
I'm not that impressed by Zack's cooking
If the standard in Jesse's house is pesto pasta or premade ramen, everything that has a little bit more of preparation seems like gourmet cooking (and I am not judging, I am italian and pasta is in my blood)

Reactions: 3
Jess has made it clear that she dislikes any type of drama or tumultuousness in relationships, so Zak being seemingly lowkey and sedate is definitely her preference. I get it, but hopefully they realise it's also healthy to challenge each other to step outside of their comfort zone occasionally.

Jess has made it clear that she dislikes any type of drama or tumultuousness in relationships, so Zak being seemingly lowkey and sedate is definitely her preference. I get it, but hopefully they realise it's also healthy to challenge each other to step outside of their comfort zone occasionally.
There’s probably alot we don’t see on camera, she is very secretive about things so I would imagine behind the scenes it could be different.

Reactions: 2
I wonder what her relationship with indie is like now.
Indie always seemed like such a sweetheart, I hope she enjoys uni and doesn't follow her sister's footsteps to becoming a half arsed influencer.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.