Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m usually more of a lurker here, but I don’t get how you can be so sure she hasn’t been cut off by her mom or at least threatened to be cut off. In the past few months she :

- Started to write for the Times (aka got a “job”)
- Created her patreon (another “job”)
- Mentioned multiple times how she’s stressful about money/providing for her family
- Sold (what I believe to be) the majority of her clothes
- Had some significant physical changes (weight gain, acne) which could totally be meaningless but seems to me an indicator that she’s not going very well (and I am NOT stating that her body/face is not okay or whatever, it’s just the fact that it’s been rapidly changing that tells me there might be something going on behind the curtains, other than the fact she’s alluded to it herself)

I don’t know, everything about her situation screams “I need money” IMO, but I’m probably in denial over her living off her trust fund because of how unfair it is.
Imagine being 27 and your parents have to threaten to restrict your money, which then causes you huge stress. It’s pure speculation of course but I can only dream of that kind of stress.

I think there’s a possibility she might not be as economically supported as before but what I don’t understand is why doesn’t she look for something to do alongside her YouTube channel? Writing articles for the ST is surely helping and with her degrees, she could easily secure herself a spot in a publishing house (just an example) while she tries to make her influencer job soar again since she does like that type of career. So overall I’m not excluding the possibility of her mother not handing her money anymore, I just don’t understand why she isn’t thinking about a more concrete plan if that’s the case.
Because getting an entry level job in publishing would pay about £30k a year, she can earn that from her patreon and doing one AD a month, then much more from the other ADs and views. Realistically would any of us get a 9-5 when brands and viewers are chucking money at you?

Reactions: 3
I’m usually more of a lurker here, but I don’t get how you can be so sure she hasn’t been cut off by her mom or at least threatened to be cut off. In the past few months she :

- Mentioned multiple times how she’s stressful about money/providing for her family
- Had some significant physical changes (weight gain, acne) which could totally be meaningless but seems to me an indicator that she’s not going very well (and I am NOT stating that her body/face is not okay or whatever, it’s just the fact that it’s been rapidly changing that tells me there might be something going on behind the curtains, other than the fact she’s alluded to it herself)

I don’t know, everything about her situation screams “I need money” IMO, but I’m probably in denial over her living off her trust fund because of how unfair it is.
All of this could also means she’s pregnant again 🫠🫠🫠

Reactions: 1
I think there’s a possibility she might not be as economically supported as before but what I don’t understand is why doesn’t she look for something to do alongside her YouTube channel? Writing articles for the ST is surely helping and with her degrees, she could easily secure herself a spot in a publishing house (just an example) while she tries to make her influencer job soar again since she does like that type of career. So overall I’m not excluding the possibility of her mother not handing her money anymore, I just don’t understand why she isn’t thinking about a more concrete plan if that’s the case.
To tack on to this train of thought re: Jess receiving less support, I'm beginning to wonder about the terms of the trust and the availability of funding. I'm a finance professional so if you would allow me to indulge...
1) It's possible there are terms required for her to access more funding from the trust, i.e., having a "job", being in school, etc., and her current circumstances (out of school, not working full time) could be limiting her access to cash flow, which is why her activities have shifted somewhat in the last few months to perhaps line up more closely with the terms
2) In the last few months/weeks, the equities market has effectively lost a quarter of its value, so depending on how the trust has been managed (i.e., invested in securities, savings accounts, etc.), she could be worried about how much is in the trust/how long it will last her
3) It could be related to the mortgage on the house; I know mortgage lending is different in the UK and I'm in Canada, so I won't speak to this, but generally banks like to see cash inflows for more favourable terms on lending.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I do not believe her mother had cut her off. I mean they went on a long vacation to the US together recently and she does not come across like that type of person honestly. And even if she did, Jess also has a rich doctor father in the US who could help her out.

I think money is so relevant depending on what you think is cheap or expensive, a lot or too little.. I know more rich people who would care about a fiver than I do middle class! At the same time she is paying for a mortgage and a high-end renovation so maybe she feels that every little bit counts.

Deep down I think Jess knows she could do more with herself but she is a master procrastinator! If you procrastinate for too long then it is so hard to get back up. But what about Zack? He does not come from a rich family, what does he do all day? is he making any money? Honestly Jess's biggest mistake was not finding an equally rich partner. lol

Reactions: 10
I think the biggest mistake she's made is making reading her job. It's clear it's turned something she really enjoyed in her down time into something that is now a chore.

Reactions: 11

You make some very interesting points! But I wonder if she was cut off how is she still staying at her mum's old house?

I think the biggest mistake she's made is making reading her job. It's clear it's turned something she really enjoyed in her down time into something that is now a chore.
And she has never had the work ethic outside of uni! She has turned a hobby into a job and as a result still sees it as casual!

Reactions: 6
I’m new to this forum but one thing that boggles my mind about Jess is that she has made reading her job which could be incredibly lucrative but she puts minimal effort in. I watch Jack edwards and uncarley and they both make tons of book content. They’re constantly getting advanced copies and make loads of book content. Im not saying she would have to read the same kinds of books they do, but She could make her content more engaging. I feel like her reviews are barely reviews. They’re mostly synopses with a line or two about if she liked it or not.
idk I just think booktok is huge on tiktok, there’s a market for reading content but she is making the most boring book content possible. I’m sure there are loads of people interested in speculative fiction that could look to her videos for recommendations. I remember in an old video zac said that viewers never see how funny she is.She could make better content with more humor and personality.
I’ve seen an up tick in people reading Ursula le guin lately. She could do a video just about her as an author.
I’m sorry for this rant. It’s just wild to me that she has these opportunities but does so little with them

Reactions: 15
I’m new to this forum but one thing that boggles my mind about Jess is that she has made reading her job which could be incredibly lucrative but she puts minimal effort in. I watch Jack edwards and uncarley and they both make tons of book content. They’re constantly getting advanced copies and make loads of book content. Im not saying she would have to read the same kinds of books they do, but She could make her content more engaging. I feel like her reviews are barely reviews. They’re mostly synopses with a line or two about if she liked it or not.
idk I just think booktok is huge on tiktok, there’s a market for reading content but she is making the most boring book content possible. I’m sure there are loads of people interested in speculative fiction that could look to her videos for recommendations. I remember in an old video zac said that viewers never see how funny she is.She could make better content with more humor and personality.
I’ve seen an up tick in people reading Ursula le guin lately. She could do a video just about her as an author.
I’m sorry for this rant. It’s just wild to me that she has these opportunities but does so little with them
Couldn’t have said it better. I’m a small booktuber and it is endlessly frustrating to watch someone with such a giant platform of people dying for whatever video she will make essentially waste it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You make some very interesting points! But I wonder if she was cut off how is she still staying at her mum's old house?
Her mum could be waiting to sell the house and is letting Jess and family squat in it until it's sold. Based on the vlog a few days ago with the shot of the kitchen, no one else is home but the Jess and fam.

Her mum could be waiting to sell the house and is letting Jess and family squat in it until it's sold. Based on the vlog a few days ago with the shot of the kitchen, no one else is home but the Jess and fam.
Jess said that they were out of town for the weekend. She even said her mom texted her to say that she already missed Zak’s cooking (lol). That’s why they weren’t home, but they are still living in the house. Not for long though, no doubt Jess’ mom will not drag her renovations the same way Jess has.

• Haha
Jess said that they were out of town for the weekend. She even said her mom texted her to say that she already missed Zak’s cooking (lol). That’s why they weren’t home, but they are still living in the house. Not for long though, no doubt Jess’ mom will not drag her renovations the same way Jess has.
Actually she said her mom told her Indie misses Zack's cooking

I kinda feel bad for Zak. I don't think he's as much like Jess as we think. During lockdown when they were doing sweet FA I remember he seemed like he was itching to do something. And he was cooking for everyone and driving Indie and her mum around. He had a job at one point and Jess said he was leaving it to work for her. I think he would like to do something but is held back by her if I'm honest.

Reactions: 21
I honestly wonder if Zac does some freelance editing on the side. It's what he did when he dropped out of uni, and he's obviously got his experience with Jess, so I can imagine he's got a decent portfolio.

Reactions: 7
Or one that has work ethic and not just rely on his equally unmotivated girlfriend's trust fund.
Not that I know what's going on in their relationship, but iirc Zak had a good job and potential working towards or as a head chef somewhere good and the career was going in a good direction. During one of the vlog seasons Jess talked about asking him to quit so he could be her paid assistant/editor etc as she had taken on too much. From then on we've snippets of him essentially doing the lions share of the household chores including driving her mum to appointments when she was ill and regularly cooking for the family. Not criticising it (my husband takes my folks to appointments etc) but I don't think it was Zak's idea or intention to be Jess's helper.

Reactions: 13
she always sounds so regretful and burdened of having a kid

Last edited:
Not that I know what's going on in their relationship, but iirc Zak had a good job and potential working towards or as a head chef somewhere good and the career was going in a good direction. During one of the vlog seasons Jess talked about asking him to quit so he could be her paid assistant/editor etc as she had taken on too much. From then on we've snippets of him essentially doing the lions share of the household chores including driving her mum to appointments when she was ill and regularly cooking for the family. Not criticising it (my husband takes my folks to appointments etc) but I don't think it was Zak's idea or intention to be Jess's helper.
Maybe he’s looking for a side occupation or maybe he already has one, we don’t really know! But he could definitely have a potentially nice career even with just editing and filming for someone else/a company/a brand since he’s good at it.

i skimmed through a couple of Jessie’s recent vlogs and to be honest, the snippet of Zack cooking was nice!

I wish zac liked to be on camera more. His cooking always looks good. He could make cooking content.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.