Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're not married (as far as I know) so he wouldn't be entitled to anything financially would he? I don't think common law marriage is recognised in the UK
Would he be entitled to some because he quit his jobs so he could work with her? I have no idea how it works tbh.

They're not married (as far as I know) so he wouldn't be entitled to anything financially would he? I don't think common law marriage is recognised in the UK
Ah ok, I thought the UK has an equivalent.

Either way I personally think the problem is more just whether he's finding his own life fulfilling at this point, not what he'll do if they split up. I don't think he's being abused (and he's obviously living a very cushy life right now) but I wonder if he really gets to pursue anything for his own interests or if he's mostly occupied with parenting duties and helping with Jess's content.

Reactions: 4
Ah ok, I thought the UK has an equivalent.

Either way I personally think the problem is more just whether he's finding his own life fulfilling at this point, not what he'll do if they split up. I don't think he's being abused (and he's obviously living a very cushy life right now) but I wonder if he really gets to pursue anything for his own interests or if he's mostly occupied with parenting duties and helping with Jess's content.
Yeah I wonder what his family thinks about it. He seems to be a creative/talented person in his own right, so I wonder if he has other things he would pursue. I know he does the editing and Avery thing for Jess but it’s not like she makes that much content, hopefully he has other outlets

Reactions: 4
I feel like I'm watching a different video reading all the comments about the colours on her new house update video.

WHAT COLOURS! It still looks like a construction mess!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I feel like I'm watching a different video reading all the comments about the colours on her new house update video.

WHAT COLOURS! It still looks like a construction mess!
A pink that looks like plaster hahahahahhaahah
---
In the new video she states that renovation only proptly started in summer 2021...so TWO years and still a constuction site!. Maybe, Jess, MAYBE, if you didnt travel so much, or spend so much on clothes and books (my God I love books but she is insane) the houve would have been done by now! She said also that is a small team for the size of the project. My uncle and his 2 aprentices builded my parents house in 6-8 months! A whole house, three people. Its was years ago but even so! I'm filled with rage over things like this! And it doesnt help that just yesterday I watched a vlog of a youtuber that LOST her house bc she started a renovation and never was there to supervise it, and it was a perfectly good house when she bought it, but nooooo this people would die if they have to live in perfect normal houses! they neeeeeeed renovations

I'm sorry, guys, it gets in my nerves

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I don't understand how any tradespeople want to work with her. Remember when she went to that show room to design the kitchen a whole year ago, surely they don't want to keep her as a customer if she takes this long to get anything done! Wtf is taking so long. They obviously have the money!

Reactions: 13
judging by this video and previous housey ones, Zak's full time job is mooching around the building site

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sunbeamsjess #5 never consistent, always disappears, renovates a house for 4+ years

Reactions: 21
I don't understand how any tradespeople want to work with her. Remember when she went to that show room to design the kitchen a whole year ago, surely they don't want to keep her as a customer if she takes this long to get anything done! Wtf is taking so long. They obviously have the money!
Yeah why has the kitchen stuff taken so long to install? She said it was delivered like a year ago

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think a lot of the blame must be on the builders too. like if there were floorboards and kitchen cabinets just sitting in the living room for a year waiting to be installed, and Zak is going there everyday to “help out”, it doesn’t seem like they’re managing the renovation properly either. Surprised Jess didn’t get rid of these builders and hire a better team.

I don’t like Jess’ interiors style, but I love that corner in the loft with the floor to ceiling window

Reactions: 10
It’s absolutely insane how long it’s taken to do almost nothing. Wtaf have they been doing?

Reactions: 15
I think Jess once mentioned it used to be a team of two builders that over time became just one. One builder!?!? For the whole house. And I assume that guy needs to make money during that time so he probably takes other jobs to keep financially afloat. And that's probably the reason for the delays on Jess' house.
I'm sorry but no matter how much I love working with that guy, he would be gone by now and I'd hire a proper construction company with a team to do the job. Two years is a long time!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I wonder if when Jess originally contacted the builder, her idea of the scope of the project was much smaller? I feel like I remember her originally thinking they were going to do a couple projects and then move in. Then the more they consulted with design professionals, they decided to just overhaul the whole house at once.
---
And I know others have mentioned it but I cannot get over her immediately talking about how they'd only be here ~10 years and then move to another house, and they've already used nearly half that time without ever living in it!

Reactions: 9
At this rate they’ll be selling it before they even live in it!

Reactions: 12
Is the builder like a family friend or something? I’m so confused why someone this wealthy wouldn’t hire a larger firm that could have a whole team on site to get it done quicker

Reactions: 11
I can’t even fathom how much this renovation will be costing 🤯
Oh it is absolute insanity! It’s also incomprehensible how Jess (and Z) seem to only choose the most ‘luxury’ brands of materials and ware as if that is the only way to achieve a certain high quality, lux feel. Their particular choices and decisions do not even appear to be paying off! She herself didn’t even look particularly in love with the work that has been completed.

As someone who has admired Jess’s taste over the years, I was quite underwhelmed and even disappointed for lack of a better word whilst watching this latest house update. The paint colours, especially that tacky old ‘French blue’ colour in the bathroom paired with the checkerboard wall tiles and artificially distressed floor tiles look too forced and cliche. All the pink in the house in contrast with the various shades of blue and teal is incredibly nauseating and outdated - I imagine they’ll grow tired of it very soon after moving in!

I know this is petty but I actually couldn’t help but laugh out loud seeing those clips of Jess dressed in her heavy duty black cargos and frumpy black jacket, clunking around the house in those ridiculous chunky black boots or were they creepers? Just in stark contrast with the almost ‘shabby chic’ style pinks, blues and exposed antique wood 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I do think the house will look nice eventually, but agree it will look outdated by the time it’s actually done. I actually do like some of her design choices, others are definitely questionable.

Why was she going on about the design of that tiny cupboard room? It’s not even big enough to be a box room so I wouldn’t be too bothered about the window no-one else will see.

Also she said the black and white tiles on the bath were finished - were they? The work looked shabby to me. Also those ‘distressed’ tiles on the floor just looked dirty.

Loved the pink mezzanine but it will look so cluttered with bookshelves on it. I think she’s overestimating the amount of books she has. Yes, they are cluttering her tiny bedroom atm but having three different rooms with bookshelves? I love books but even I would try to keep them to one or two rooms.

Exposed floor boards are cute but not literally all over the house, it’s not going to be very cosy at all.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.