Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if they are so unmotivated and disconnected by the reno because they are doing absolutely none of it themselves (aside from Zak “supervising” lol). Even just painting a wall can make you feel some personal satisfaction and appreciation of the task, that just throwing money at it all surely doesn’t give.

Reactions: 10
Honestly the mum seems so chill and lovely. I get the impression she’s one of those parents that think as long as the kid is happy, then it’s all good. I doubt she wishes Jess had more ambition etc. I also think, like we’ve discuss many times on here, her mum carries a lot of guilt about her own career taking away from time with her children. You can’t reach those kind of heights without being absent from home a lot, unfortunately. So I think that definitely plays into it. I think the fact that Jess got good grades in school, has a Masters, launched a successful social media career, and has had a child lol, is more then enough for her mum to be proud and think she’s “achieved a lot.”

Reactions: 11
I wonder if they are so unmotivated and disconnected by the reno because they are doing absolutely none of it themselves (aside from Zak “supervising” lol). Even just painting a wall can make you feel some personal satisfaction and appreciation of the task, that just throwing money at it all surely doesn’t give.
I think Zak is doing some of the work? She mentioned him having scraped the paint off the stairs. She also said the builder they are using is someone her mom has worked with before. I wonder if it is a family friend? I even wonder if Zak is working for them, like an apprentice situation? I just feel like there's more to the house story she's not telling us.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone subscribe to her Patreon? I remember looking at it cuz I pay for some other Patreons for podcasts I like. I remember hers being expensive. Even the lowest tier seemed like a lot. I’ll have to see what it was. Does she deliver on it?
I would sooner donate every penny I have to the Communist Party than pay into the Patreon of a lass whose mother earns a million quid a year.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think Zak is doing some of the work? She mentioned him having scraped the paint off the stairs. She also said the builder they are using is someone her mom has worked with before. I wonder if it is a family friend? I even wonder if Zak is working for them, like an apprentice situation? I just feel like there's more to the house story she's not telling us.
I *highly* doubt Zak is an apprentice builder hahahaha

• Haha
I would sooner donate every penny I have to the Communist Party than pay into the Patreon of a lass whose mother earns a million quid a year.
Her mother is for sure raking in more than that, but agree with the sentiment

Honestly, I would be happy to pay a Patreon if she actually provided consistent quality services in exchange for payment. Doesn't bother me that rich influencers use Patreon. Bothers me if someone uses Patreon then flakes on their patrons

Reactions: 7
Honestly the mum seems so chill and lovely. I get the impression she’s one of those parents that think as long as the kid is happy, then it’s all good. I doubt she wishes Jess had more ambition etc. I also think, like we’ve discuss many times on here, her mum carries a lot of guilt about her own career taking away from time with her children. You can’t reach those kind of heights without being absent from home a lot, unfortunately. So I think that definitely plays into it. I think the fact that Jess got good grades in school, has a Masters, launched a successful social media career, and has had a child lol, is more then enough for her mum to be proud and think she’s “achieved a lot.”
“successful social media career” where??? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It was funny to me how she said with Ines's bedroom paint color "if I could do it again, I would...." when painting a bedroom is so easy that anyone can do it with minimal equipment in a day, or a weekend at most. But despite how they started off trying to rip up the flooring themselves, it seems like they now think everything needs to be done by the builders.

Reactions: 14
“successful social media career” where??? 🤣
To be fair 400K subscribers is successful, YouTube and IG is just so oversaturated now.

I honestly think she could have 1M+ subscribers if she actually engaged with her followers, had a regular upload schedule, replied to comments and updated IG regularly. She could've even gotten into hosting author events or prize ceremonies like some other booktubers do. That would involve some effort on her part though so it'll never happen 😂 It's so frustrating that she could do so much more with what she has.

Reactions: 13
To be fair 400K subscribers is successful, YouTube and IG is just so oversaturated now.

I honestly think she could have 1M+ subscribers if she actually engaged with her followers, had a regular upload schedule, replied to comments and updated IG regularly. She could've even gotten into hosting author events or prize ceremonies like some other booktubers do. That would involve some effort on her part though so it'll never happen 😂 It's so frustrating that she could do so much more with what she has.
Yeah this is what drives me crazy about her! She could have done so much more by now with the book content. I feel like she's hung on too much to the fashion/beauty side of things and doesn't take the time to understand the potential in booktube.

Reactions: 8
It doesn’t feel like she “launched” a social media career but more that it fell into her lap, and she did very little to progress it, hence the fact her subscriber count doesn’t exactly grow

It doesn’t feel like she “launched” a social media career but more that it fell into her lap, and she did very little to progress it, hence the fact her subscriber count doesn’t exactly grow
I think she got lucky in that she got into it earlier and of course her wealth gave her interesting haul content people liked seeing, but imo uni Jess was a decently hardworking influencer, and she would put in consistent effort at making regular, fairly good quality content. It was only after uni that she started this "sooooo busy, had a little lie-in this morning and also every single day of the month so far, because we're just sooooo worn out and tired from watching movies in bed until 2 am last night."

Reactions: 14

It’s not about the number of subscribers though, it’s the amount of engagement people get. Companies have become wise to people buying subscribers using bots, Jess gets minimal engagement across all her socials including YouTube (although her engagement has improved recently I think). That’s why she doesn’t get great sponsorships. She’s moderately successful as a book tube channel because they naturally have less subscribers than lifestyle and fashion content. But as a lifestyle and fashion YouTuber? I wouldn’t say she’s successful.

Plus lbr, she made most of her subscribers when she was in school and at uni, and was actually a fun and interesting person. She’s a shell of her former self now and so is her channel. She still has the subscribers because they many haven’t bothered to unsubscribe or no longer use their channels but she doesn’t get the views and the number of comments she gets is abysmal.

I agree she could be huge though; she’s pretty, rich, somewhat intelligent, lives in London in a beautiful house and has access to beautiful clothes, this is what people want to see. But she seems to be determined to sabotage herself almost.

Yeah I also feel like she under utilizes the fact that she lives in London. I’m sure there’s plenty of interesting things she could do all the time.

Reactions: 7
What is this sparkjam thing she posted? I doubt she's actually interested in feedback... Undisclosed sponsorship?

She used to be very dedicated. She pre-filmed so many videos so she could still upload weekly when she went on her gap yah travels. She’d never do that now lol. I know a lot of people loved her Edinburgh vlogs the best, but I actually think her channel peaked before that with her beauty and fashion content.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She’s doing vlogtober. Guess how many she’ll actually upload on time and in order 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She used to be very dedicated. She pre-filmed so many videos so she could still upload weekly when she went on her gap yah travels. She’d never do that now lol. I know a lot of people loved her Edinburgh vlogs the best, but I actually think her channel peaked before that with her beauty and fashion content.
She used to seem to have a genuine passion for clothes and fashion as well and her own sense of style, now even that part of her seems to be lost. She’s got it back a bit recently but still seems confused regarding her personal style. It would probably help if she accepted her new found curves and stopped shopping at free people (sorry but their clothes only look good on the clinically underweight) and oversized tit. I also got bigger boobs and hips in my late 20’s and it took me a while to accept it and learn how to dress for it.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.