Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand this mezzanine bit at all. Is this at the top of the house or in between floors? She talks about having all her books here but it will be SO cramped for space? At least her Mum made a nice feature of her books with those shelves leading down to the kitchen. Also all that sunlight will discolour her books if she’s that precious about them…
The perspective it’s filmed from makes it looked tiny so it’s impossible to see how a wall of shelving would fit. I think maybe the panelling would have to be taken out? Another example of something another person would have just left plain/unfinished until they had a chance to get to it.

Reactions: 3
They're renovating so slowly and her design style is quite trend driven so I feel like this house is going to look like a hot mess

Reactions: 12
Lol I bet by the time they move in, she’ll want to renovate things again cuz it’s been so long and now she has a new vision

Reactions: 11
Lol I bet by the time they move in, she’ll want to renovate things again cuz it’s been so long and now she has a new vision
Oh she will for sure. I don’t envy her one bit, what a miserable existence she must have obsessing about tiny, unimportant issues whilst her life just passes her by and she does nothing with it. Shes not got a clue what goes on in the real world, or what ‘normal’ people have to do in their everyday life just to get by. But they do, and the average Joe that earns just above minimum wage will achieve far more in their life than she ever will.

Reactions: 14
Finally got around to actually watching her latest video and I'm rolling my eyes so hard at how she always acts like such a victim of their renovation. Could it be stressful and draining? Sure. But should she, sitting in her mom's extravagant house (edit: I guess she's sitting in the new house, but ya know, still living in her mom's house haha), be whining about how horrible it is that she can't move into their own house that she's making extravagant down to the last hallway before they even move in? Seems tasteless. Like numerous other people have mentioned in this thread, normally when you buy a place that needs work, you still move in once the place is relatively habitable. Instead fragile dainty Jess cannot possibly be expected to exist around construction noise whatsoever!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Finally got around to actually watching her latest video and I'm rolling my eyes so hard at how she always acts like such a victim of their renovation. Could it be stressful and draining? Sure. But should she, sitting in her mom's extravagant house, be whining about how horrible it is that she can't move into their own house that she's making extravagant down to the last hallway before they even move in? Seems tasteless. Like numerous other people have mentioned in this thread, normally when you buy a place that needs work, you still move in once the place is relatively habitable. Instead fragile dainty Jess cannot possibly be expected to exist around construction noise whatsoever!
You have to wonder what Zak really thinks. Looks like he had a normal upper working class upbringing, how weird it must be to come from the real world into Jess’s, living in a mansion in London and being able to do a full housing renovation whilst neither of them have stable or particularly high income.

Reactions: 7
You have to wonder what Zak really thinks. Looks like he had a normal upper working class upbringing, how weird it must be to come from the real world into Jess’s, living in a mansion in London and being able to do a full housing renovation whilst neither of them have stable or particularly high income.
I definitely don't believe that all couples need to follow a traditional pattern where the woman stays home and the man works, but for instance when Jess started her Patreon for a few hundred dollars a month, surely if they were in need of money for "their little family" Zak could have just found work as well? He could still have been around to help with Ines's care while also making money to fund the renovation. It would be one thing if Jess were SO rich that they didn't need help, or if her influencer career was so huge that nothing he could earn would compare to what she'd get with a single insta post, but she's a relatively small influencer and while I don't believe money is actually TIGHT for them, I do think they're probably having to mindfully budget with the reno. In this latest video she says for budget reasons it's best for them that it goes slowly. If they also have a nanny surely Zak could also be working at least part-time?
---
Granted I'm not super familiar with professionally done renos, but I've never heard of the owner needing to be on-site EVERY SINGLE DAY to motivate the work along. A good builder's team should be able to work efficiently without being lorded over by the owner.

Reactions: 13
On the street to the QPR stadium. So more like White City. Not the nicestest area.
oh my god I feel like now is the time to tell you this anecdote.. yrs back as a Fulham supporter we slummed it on a ground share with QPR while Craven Cottage was renovated as we had to add seats.. on our walk to the ground at the Stade Du Lofte on the street alongside we encountered a black guy who invited us to a party after the match. he stunk of weed and was brandishing a knife

Why doesn’t she just stay in her Mums at this stage. Her mum & sister appear to be gone, & she clearly likes it there plus she wouldn’t have to move so win win.

Reactions: 2
Why doesn’t she just stay in her Mums at this stage. Her mum & sister appear to be gone, & she clearly likes it there plus she wouldn’t have to move so win win.
I think (at least at some point?) her mom was planning on selling that house. I don't know that Jess ever addressed that specifically but I know we talked in this thread about how it seemed like her mom was probably just putting off selling it until Jess's house was ready to move into, rather than tell her to gtfo immediately.

Reactions: 10
I think (at least at some point?) her mom was planning on selling that house. I don't know that Jess ever addressed that specifically but I know we talked in this thread about how it seemed like her mom was probably just putting off selling it until Jess's house was ready to move into, rather than tell her to gtfo immediately.
She mentioned it had sold but clearly the buyer either is very happy to wait or her mum has let the sale slip through, which is just dumb

Reactions: 6
Does anyone subscribe to her Patreon? I remember looking at it cuz I pay for some other Patreons for podcasts I like. I remember hers being expensive. Even the lowest tier seemed like a lot. I’ll have to see what it was. Does she deliver on it?

Reactions: 1
She mentioned it had sold but clearly the buyer either is very happy to wait or her mum has let the sale slip through, which is just dumb
Wow, I know nothing is confirmed either way, but if it IS that her mom let the sale go just for Jess to stay there a bit longer, that's irrefutable proof that her mom is totally happy with Jess's lifestyle and isn't trying to pressure her to get her life together in any way. And even if the buyer was happy to wait, I think her mom would still try to keep a bit of pressure on her to move out even if her house wasn't totally finished yet.

Reactions: 7
YouTube suggested me her old empty house tour video so I watched - she talks about doing the kitchen first and then the rest of the projects in phases, with the loft being like a hopefully someday - would have been smart 😅 instead she has a mostly finished loft sitting on top of a completely unlivable house and a kitchen in boxes for the past year. She also says they plan to be in the house ~10 years which will be half gone by the time they get in there.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Shall we start a poll for the next thread to predict when Jess will move into her new house.....I reckon that it will take another 2 years minimum, so end of 2025 :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wow, I know nothing is confirmed either way, but if it IS that her mom let the sale go just for Jess to stay there a bit longer, that's irrefutable proof that her mom is totally happy with Jess's lifestyle and isn't trying to pressure her to get her life together in any way. And even if the buyer was happy to wait, I think her mom would still try to keep a bit of pressure on her to move out even if her house wasn't totally finished yet.
This is 100% speculation but having worked for one of those professional services firms I can completely see why someone wouldn’t want that lifestyle for their child. That said, it’s quite the contrast between that always on lifestyle & Jess’s always off lifestyle. I want my children to lead meaningful lives, not necessarily successful in traditional sense as I’m burnt out from my own life (although my husband has pointed out I shouldn’t project my own stresses into our kids), but if my daughter was effectively bumming in my house with her presumably unemployed partner & baby and doing a bit of YouTube I’d be pissed. That is unless it was for a mental health reason in which case I’d probably be much more patient.

Reactions: 8
This is 100% speculation but having worked for one of those professional services firms I can completely see why someone wouldn’t want that lifestyle for their child. That said, it’s quite the contrast between that always on lifestyle & Jess’s always off lifestyle. I want my children to lead meaningful lives, not necessarily successful in traditional sense as I’m burnt out from my own life (although my husband has pointed out I shouldn’t project my own stresses into our kids), but if my daughter was effectively bumming in my house with her presumably unemployed partner & baby and doing a bit of YouTube I’d be pissed. That is unless it was for a mental health reason in which case I’d probably be much more patient.
Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want that exact life for your kids, but Jess is the complete opposite, not just a more moderate lifestyle/career choice. It seems like she literally cannot get along in regular life as an adult, not just that she's chosen a slower paced career for herself.

Reactions: 6
They're not married (as far as I know) so he wouldn't be entitled to anything financially would he? I don't think common law marriage is recognised in the UK
It isn’t, so no he wouldn’t be entitled to anything if they did split up

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.